The perfessor

A long, wet ride..........

I normally stay off the trails when it gets nasty, but the local website for the trails said it was good to go, so I went........it was wetter than it should be on the back half of the trails I rode (in GA), but I was too far in to turn back so I finished my ride - yeah, this is the reason why disc brakes were added to mtb........the ride was AWESOME!!........14+ miles of single-track goodness, not so wet that I left "mud tracks" but wet enough to kick up mud.........I won't ride again in this situation but it sure was fun to do just this time........
    Trifecta is Perfecta: 26" FSR Geared / 29er SS Rigid / 29er Ti Hardtail Geared

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    here in idaho you just ride no matter what the weather. can't wait for good weather to ride, and it doesn't bother the trails. must be the soil. wet rides bring the kid back out in you.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    I love riding in the rain. As long as my hands and feet are warm and dry, it's totally comfortable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    i am not about anyone else but i am about over riding in the cold, c'mon warm weather. It is May after all.

mtbr member
    Where in GA were you riding? I live near Atl and am looking for some nice trails to ride.
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NFLcheesehead1 View Post
    Where in GA were you riding? I live near Atl and am looking for some nice trails to ride.
    Wondering the same thing!

I rode all of Harbins Park today. It's in good shape despite a lot of standing water on the trails. But the stream crossing on the east side of the trails was dangerous...and cost me an iPhone!
    Last edited by KevinGT; 05-06-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.