Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011

Lebron James - cool dude

LeBron James says he bikes to most Heat home games to stay in shape | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo! Sports

I don't follow basketball, but I admire Lebron. If I had the opportunity to move to a stacked team, I would do it. Why wouldn't you give yourself the best opportunity to win......

I love reading yahoo comments. They are the best.

Everyone is trying to wrap their minds around why he would ride a bike. Maybe the dude just likes to ride. Is it really that hard to understand?

A lot of people I talk to don't understand why I ride. It always has to be some end goal or reason. I almost always get the feeling that people want to ask me "why are you riding your bike, that is work, why don't you just lay on the couch and watch football"

Serenity now!
    I wonder what he rides? That would be one big freakin' frame!
    Duchess of Dab

mtbr member
    Pretty cool, back in the day it was Bill Walton who cycled (and still does).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Well that explains why he's the greatest player in NBA history...he rides.

mtbr member
    Apr 2011

Lebron's bike posted

there are a bunch of links to Lebron's bike if you google it.

Pretty Sweet

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Lebron

I seem to remember that he bought into a bike company a few years ago... Cannondale comes to mind but don't know how that would work with their Ownership???

Anyone know the details???

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

mtbr member
    I wonder if he does any mountain biking in the offseason...
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

human dehumidifier
    A few seasons ago TV featured a Bengals linebacker who rode a fixed gear bike to the stadium for practice and games. I'm thinking it was Frosty Rucker.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.

Tactical Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    No, this is just wrong. Michael Jordan is the greatest NBAer of all time. Period. Kobe....Nope. LeBron.....Not even. MJ, all the way.

Of course, I fully respect your opinion as I would hope you do mine, and would assume that you are younger than I with your like of Lebron, and my like of MJ. Yup, 39 for me. I grew up with MJ dunking over (yes, over) Patrick Ewing.

On topic, this article reminded of this picture:

"The true object of all human life is play" - GK Chesterton
    *2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1
    http://teamdirt.org/

Vitamin Bike Added
    yao ming not so redundant frame size question: hey guys I'm 7 foot 1, do I get the large or extra large stumpjumper?
    Keep the rubber side down

the half breed devil
    there is no "single" greatest NBA player of all time.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    But if there was I'd have to second the MJ nomination...lol.

the half breed devil
    Quote Originally Posted by WVJon75 View Post
    But if there was I'd have to second the MJ nomination...lol.
    i would include both of them in a group of fifty.

50 Greatest NBA Players of All Time: Where Do LeBron James and Kobe Bryant Rank? | Bleacher Report

mtbr member
    When Lebron was fresh face in the NBA he was kind arrogant and snooty but he eventually paid his dues and matured a lot. I think it's great he bikes to work. Most NBA players would worry about the "bling" factor to ever ride their bike to work. Totally agree with this. I hope he can influence more inner city kids that riding a bike can be fun and not just for poor people.

mtbr member
    Forget rollin' on 29ers, these guys need 35s like my truck has...
    "The most persistent principles of the universe are accident and error." -Frank Herbert

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trail6 View Post
    Pretty cool, back in the day it was Bill Walton who cycled (and still does).
    Some cool pics of BW and his custom Holland exogrid

Anyone see Bill Walton on his Holland on PCH in OC yesterday?

A few years back I was running in the Santa Monica Mountains. It was an out & back just past Trippet Ranch. I was taking a break at the turnaround and coming up the hill I just climbed was this tall, lean guy pushing like crazy. He stopped and I said..hey great job, that's a steep climb there. He took off his helmet and I recognized him right away. It was Reggie Miller. He said, "thanks , yeah that's tough, glad I can do it". I acknowledged him and told him what a great player he was. Again ,he was very cool.."thanks, just trying to stay in shape and not bloat up like all the guys I played with after they retired." I said..."you're way ahead of the curve". Nice guy.
    Last edited by Dave Ferris; 12-20-2012 at 10:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    [QUOTE=Giant Chachi;9991696]No, this is just wrong. Michael Jordan is the greatest NBAer of all time. Period. Kobe....Nope. LeBron.....Not even. MJ, all the way.

Of course, I fully respect your opinion as I would hope you do mine, and would assume that you are younger than I with your like of Lebron, and my like of MJ. Yup, 39 for me. I grew up with MJ dunking over (yes, over) Patrick Ewing.

Actually I'm 51 and an avid NBA fan....MJ was a great scorer and clutch in the post-season with lots of rings.The Bulls were still a contender when Jordan retired early,the Cavs went from best record in NBA to worst without James.

James is faster,stronger,better rebounder,better passer and IMO the most complete player ever.
    Oh...by the way,Pippen over ewing was my favorite dunk ever,a disgrace dunk.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Brandon Roy is pretty in to mountain biking as well. Cool to see this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    A few seasons ago TV featured a Bengals linebacker who rode a fixed gear bike to the stadium for practice and games. I'm thinking it was Frosty Rucker.
    That was Dhani Jones, which rode a Surly.

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by backcountryeti View Post
    That was Dhani Jones, which rode a Surly.
    That's it, thanks.
    I may or may not be laughing at you.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird View Post
    What? Holy short memory Batman. You might want to check out a guy named Michael Jordan and a dude named Kobe. Lebron may very well go on to be the greatest ever but right now, with one title? Hell no.

mtbr member
    i'd imagine it's a little more tempting to commute in Miami weather than Cleveland weather during the league's season in full swing thru the winter.
    i really should type less and tread more

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by limba View Post
    What? Holy short memory Batman. You might want to check out a guy named Michael Jordan and a dude named Kobe. Lebron may very well go on to be the greatest ever but right now, with one title? Hell no.
    MJ yes... Kobe not even close. LeBron is on another level than Kobe, but neither will ever reach MJ's level.

mtbr member
    Him and D-wade have attended Critical Mass rides before. James even did a 21 mile ride before a game once. His 29er is pretty cool. Looks proportional on him with the bigger wheels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast