I Just Ride....

New question here. Lazy Lizard Hostel - Moab?

I maybe headed to Moab inthe next week or two I will be by myself and was thinking of staying at the Lazy Lizard Hostel.
    Anyone stay there?
    What was your experience?
    I will probably get a single private room.
    Thanks!
    Brian
    Ride On!
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    After just coming back from there, I don't think you have much of a choice on where to stay but more of if anyone has a room. Our group reserved a chunk of rooms 2-3 months ago. I called to reserve my room from that "chunk" 2 months ago and the lady told me the hotel was already sold out. I then told her we had a block of rooms set aside and that is how I got a room.
    I also had a co-worker drive through Moab last weekend thinking he could maybe get a room there for a night.........no way! Nothing really big going on, it's just that way all summer long. This coming weekend I think is especially full because of some classic hot rod show in town. I've heard it's pretty cool though. They pull police from SLC and other areas and they ride around on bikes waiting for hot rods to do some burn outs. Then out of nowhere, a cop comes rolling out and writes a ticket. Pretty sneaky!
    Anyways, good luck!

mtbr member
    I've stayed at the Lizard Twice and loved it both times. No real frills there. No one is gonna fluff your pillow or fold over the corners of the toiletpaper roll. But you are there to recharge for the next days ride..and for that the Lizard is great. I enjoyed the overall atmosphere of the place. I hung out in the common room of the main house in the evenings. A wide variey of people stay here, from German hikers to Asian tourists. There is always something interesting cooking in the communal kitchen. I would offer to trade part of whatever I was making with someoen else just to experience something different.
    When I was there it was with 3 other guys so we rented one of the 4-person cabins with bunks. Not a ton of room but a lot of our gear stayed in the cars anyway. The rooms have outlets to recharge lights and such..or run a radio (no TV in the room but you go to moab to ride and talk, not watch american idol.)

I'm planning on being out there in September or october and intend to stay at the Lizard again.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

I was just there!

I just returned last night from a Utah hiking/biking trip. We showered there for $2 on Wednesday. As previously mentioned, no frills, but adequate.

All of the motels had vacancies, and I was able to get a camping spot directly accross the street from the Slickrock Bike Trail ($8 per night).

Have fun.

Anytime. Anywhere.

I like it

I always have a good time at the LL. Read about my trip here.

Christmas rider port
    I got some bad ideas in my head.