mtbr member

Last ride of the year (pics)

Today we were able to score the last ride of the year at a new to us trail on a town called Aguadilla. This town of on the north west of the island and is close to various surfing spots.

We coordinated the ride thru our local mtb related forum and over 20 riders (including my son and I) showed up. We had a blast on the trail that consisted of roots (tons of them), rocks, sand traps, a nice technical downhill section, moderated climbs plus it's all singletrack.

Mother nature cooperated and gave us a clear skied, breeze, gorgeous day to ride.

My kid rode very well and was able to clear most of the obsticles, I was stunned on how much he has improved and was the first time on the mtb after breaking his leg during the summer. Guess that all the road miles are starting to pay off, he rode as hard as some of the guys on the group.

Now, let's see some pics of this puertorican trail.

Da group

Action shots

Francois and mtbr.com crew, we're waiting for you guys down here.

mtbr member

Good job! Looks like the weather was warm & sunny.....

We have just the opposite up here, cold & cloudy. Nice group you put together Dirt DeVil! I didn't see your VT on the ride though. Thx for sharing the pictures.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    We have just the opposite up here, cold & cloudy. Nice group you put together Dirt DeVil! I didn't see your VT on the ride though. Thx for sharing the pictures.
    It was around 89 degrees, the usual winter weather for a caribbean island.

I was on my main ride, my beloved Kona Unit.

On New Years Day we have our MTBR gathering on a friends house, I'll take the VT to that one and after the ride we have asopao and beers up to our ears.
    Last edited by DiRt DeViL; 12-26-2005 at 04:18 PM.

swag ho Administrator
    Now that's a mixed group at it's best. Man, I didn't know your lil' Pepe got injured!!

Happy new year and here's to a good riding new year!!!

francois

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Now that's a mixed group at it's best. Man, I didn't know your lil' Pepe got injured!!

Happy new year and here's to a good riding new year!!!

francois
    He broke his right leg on a summer camp accident, since the cast was gone he has been riding his roadie and today was the first time on the mtb. To my surprise he did very well.

Give my regards and best wishes for 2006 to your family and mtbr crew.