Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Armstrong finally to come clean?

21K views 380 replies 83 participants last post by  kjlued 
#1 ·
#253 ·
Regardless of all this talk that he has come clean, i still have serious doubts, i think it will be more self serving lies and manipulation from lance, and he will not devulge any more info than everybody already knows..
And i think that theres a good chance that him and Oprah are doing it.......and have been for ages :)

#262 ·
Tone, I mostly agree with the first part of your statement, don't know about him and Oprah doing the wild thing. When this thread started, I did not mean totally clean, I meant kinda like someone who had fallen into a mud pit, wallowed around in it, got out and rinsed their face off, enought to look and see where they need to be going and moving in that direction. I am of the opinion that he will not spill like a cement truck, unless somewhere down the road the situation dicates it. In the court of "public opinion" for the most part he has not only been implicated, but convicted for some time. The depth of his offenses are not likely to be owned up to by him.This partial confession is for self survival.

I did not think that I would be able to pick the OWN station up, but after going to the OWN website, there is a place where you can plug your zip code in and your TV station provider and it will tell you if the broadcast is available and also what channel it is on.

#254 ·
Much more interested in how he financially/professionally attacked people that came clean/told the truth about him. Also more interested in how he was (and others) were able to pass the doping tests initially as I've always thought he and others used PEDs in TDF. Figured out to be a level paying field, albeit a dirty one.

#259 ·
On a side note, I wonder how much this bike is worth now.

Price: $500,000
Designed by renowned British Artist Damien Hirst and ridden by Lance Armstrong during the 2009 Tour de France, the Butterfly Trek Madone bike was auctioned off at Sotheby's, raising $1.3 million for the Texan's Livestrong charity. The bike was sold for $500,000, which makes it the most expensive bike in the world. Real butterfly wings were used in the making.

This post has been deleted
#269 ·
I agree with the camp that LA is initiating a calculated recovery plan. There is no telling what Oprah is paying him for the exclusive. While I acknowledge the whole "If everybody is doing it..." rational I believe LA to be of low character. His attacks were personal and hateful towards his teammates and others. Let the cards fall where they will..

#270 ·
LA will only say what the lawyers have said it is safe to say. The lawyers and the show producers will hash out what can and can't air.

Kjlued, I've been following your arguments. All you have really done is position yourself so that you can't be wrong no matter what. It's a pretty nifty piece of argumentation for a parlor trick.

#275 ·
Kjlued, I've been following your arguments. All you have really done is position yourself so that you can't be wrong no matter what. It's a pretty nifty piece of argumentation for a parlor trick.
So, if I positioned myself where I can't be wrong then I must be right. :thumbsup::lol:

Next time would you prefer if I position myself where I can be totally wrong or only partially wrong?:confused:

If you did, then I'm not sure why you asked that question in that way. Either you did not comprehend it, or you are ignoring the findings. Since you are asking me to explain it to you for some reason (troll), I will.
Since I don't agree and ask a simple question in which you still dance around, I am a troll? ok:rolleyes:

First off I did watch it and I did get it.

However, it still boils down to saying all dishonesty is equal and in your long winded explanation you say the same thing.

I will agree, that you have some valid points about LA not being remorseful about what was done but instead about being caught. This is most likely true. If it was not, he would have come forward on his own. I am sure every single one of have done something in our life wrong and were caught for it. At first we may have only been remorseful because we got caught. Otherwise, I am sure we would have came forward on our before getting caught.

I will agree that all dishonesty is wrong, however, I do not view it as all equal.

If LA would have been doping in a field of clean athletes just because he couldn't make the grade, I view that to be more wrong then if he was staying clean, realized that all the top guys were doping and the only he would beat them was to dope.

Do I still think it to be wrong? Yes
Do I think it to be just as wrong? No
Do I hold either to be as bad as what Bernie Madoff did?
Hell no, as Bernie Madoff did what he did knowing it would destroy the lives of those he swindled.

#282 ·
To compare this to Madoff shows complete idiotic logic. How many of you are jobless now, lost your money, savings funds since LA is guilty? None.

Okay so he came clean big deal? What effect does this have to anyone posting in here? What have you gained or lost that you simply can't function ?

Wall Street is the heart of America, it can crush over 300 million people within seconds..LA =just another user that finally got busted with others, that's all.

#288 ·
Ok, so we are back to throwing out insults.
I don't agree with you no matter what you say so I am a fence post.
I suppose I could say the same about you because no matter what I say you won't agree.:rolleyes:

Did I ever say nothing should be done? No

To compare this to Madoff shows complete idiotic logic. How many of you are jobless now, lost your money, savings funds since LA is guilty? None.

Okay so he came clean big deal? What effect does this have to anyone posting in here? What have you gained or lost that you simply can't function ?

Wall Street is the heart of America, it can crush over 300 million people within seconds..LA =just another user that finally got busted with others, that's all.
Exactly:thumbsup:

#297 ·
Everybody Lance beat was also on the juice , and anybody who wasn't didn't have a job in the Pro Peleton. Maybe things will get cleaned up, but I doubt it as detection science always seems to be lagging behind cheating science. Perhaps Lemond was on to something about testing Vo2 as it is supposed to be constant unless your juiced?

#301 ·
It is funny how alot of people minimize the significance of Lance Armstrong's actions. He allegedly used PEDs, threatened teammates, sued individuals for saying he used PEDs, sued companies for saying he used PEDs, openly lied to the public, cycling enthusiasts, and to those who supported Livestrong.
Their rationalization of 'it is only bicycle racing' and 'get a grip' .' It wasn't Wall Street or something important, so the cheating is not that bad'. 'Everyone was doing it.'

Thank your lucky stars it was just bike racing ; Otherwise he may have been likely to murder people to keep his secrets.

#322 ·
There's a difference between "I understand" in the Dan Airely sense and the "I understand" because you would do the same thing if you were presented the same opportunity because you rationalize that EVERYBODY would have done the same thing when presented the same opportunity.

You are wrong. I'm overly judgmental and extremey long winded because I am disgusted by people, like you and aedubber, who rationalize dishonesty.

#325 ·
That's cool because I get disgusted on how judgmental people can be and how quickly they like to cast stones. Usually they speak out so vigorously because they see something in them they that don't like. Maybe it is that you don't like the fact that you yourself are not 100% honest all the time.

You say I am rationalizing dishonesty, but yet I have not done that.
Rationalizing it would be saying that it is ok to do it because everyone else does it.
As Peter so generously quoted for me, I said it was not ok and that I simply understand.
I also acknowledge the fact that everyone including myself has been dishonest.
This does not rationalize dishonesty by saying it is ok, I just choose not to cast stones at others because they make mistakes.

#336 ·
In 6 days there have been 337 posts - of which Kjlued posted 71 times. Now he rationalizes that he is a good guy because he agrees that this this isn't worth arguing over :rolleyes:

#338 ·
Somebody made a promise and did not keep it. Wonder who?

(from a CNN news blog)
[Updated at 9:34 a.m. ET] Sometimes news travels faster than an airplane.

Media reports began swirling immediately after Lance Armstrong's interview Monday with Oprah Winfrey that he admitted for the first time to using banned substances.

Those details came despite an agreement between Armstrong's camp and Winfrey that they would not leak any details of the interview, she told CBS on Tuesday.

But it didn't last for long.

"By the time I left Austin [Texas] and landed in Chicago, you all had already confirmed it," Winfrey told CBS, seemingly referring to the media. "So I'm sitting here now because it's already been confirmed."

#342 ·
Armstrong can't give up his need to compete
Houston Chronicle
- ‎1 hour ago‎

So the truth shall finally set him free? Lance Armstrong must think so, because it could also drain his bank account and leave him facing felony charges.

SNIP

If the man isn't making headlines and becoming a global celebrity by winning Tour de Frances or Iron Man Triathlons, which was to have been his next mountain to climb, his life is meaningless. Forget the beautiful wife. Forget his cute kids. (It seems he did both in his brief, doomed bid to conquer the triathlon world, admitting in Galveston last spring: "My family's scratching their heads. 'Why am I gone all day long now?' When I was trying to win the Tour de France, I was home a lot more.")
His future will become his new global reality, and his ego will get the better of him, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.