Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    So what part in this will the Fed. Government have ?? they were handing out the money for the team to win... No?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Berm View Post
    Not only did he cheat, but he crucified all those who dare challenged him. He does not deserve a pass.
    He's not gonna get a pass. It's just business now. Image management. Do you think he will cry?

RideDirt

I understand this is a forums and we all can debate and say what we want , but seriously some of you guys need to get your washed up heads out of your ass and go ride . There is no point of being on an internet trying to prove this and that when the case has nothing to do with any of you , your not the jury nor the judge so stfu already . There is doping in all sports , it has been around and will be around , this is not the first nor the last case , GET USED to it . You can say he was a scumbag , a cool guy , whatever you want , but in the end he is just another guy that got busted big deal .

I will give him credit tho for starting the Livestrong foundation , havent seen many other dopers do something of this caliber , im not saying it makes him a better person but at least hes not a full cup of **** right ? Whatever happens happens , but whatever the outcome is it will not affect ANY of you guys on here so relax you dr phil's .

Point being , there are bigger pictures in your life im sure you should worry about and focus on then something thats on the news

Regarding KJlueds comment , cmon really ? Are you guys that butt hurt and sensitive to words typed over the INTERNET ? lol wow might as well throw on the high heels and lipstick at that rate . Who gives a fuk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskare View Post
    He's not gonna get a pass. It's just business now. Image management. Do you think he will cry?
    Thats a tough one to answer... Has he shown remorse....... yet?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I have to agree this is getting ridiculous. And saying Lance is worse than a serial killer for cheating at a bike race or being mean to those that also cheated and then tried to deflect their own problems by blaming him? Wow you really need some perspective.

No Stranger to danger....
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    I have to agree this is getting ridiculous. And saying Lance is worse than a serial killer for cheating at a bike race or being mean to those that also cheated and then tried to deflect their own problems by blaming him? Wow you really need some perspective.
    Bwahahaha hook line and sinker, i knew that comparison would get a bite lol and bang his on...

But seriously he is a worse liar than Richard Ramirez, Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz ( the son of sam), thats a fact, as they all come clean after they were caught and didnt try to throw others under the bus, i didnt say he was a worse person than them, just a bigger liar, and infact Lance is a bigger sociopath than all of them,.

Lance is in the John Wayne Gacy class of liar, both of then living in denial, both self serving, both sociopaths, and both try and throw others under the bus to cover their own asses.

I studied forensics for years at night at uni for a hobby, serial killers is a very interesting topic to me thats why im referring to their traits, there are actually a lot of similarities between lances sociopathic nature and a few of them, seeings many sociopaths are serial killers......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Lance is in the John Wayne Gacy class of liar, both of then living in denial, both self serving, both sociopaths, and both try and throw others under the bus to cover their own asses.
    Let's crank it up another level ... someday LA will be a political player on the national level. He doesn't seem to care about anything but winning, the perfect attitude for a career in DC.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    But seriously he is a worse liar than Richard Ramirez, Ted Bundy and David Berkowitz ( the son of sam), thats a fact, as they all come clean after they were caught and didnt try to throw others under the bus, i didnt say he was a worse person than them, just a bigger liar, and infact Lance is a bigger sociopath than all of them,.
    We already went over this he is sort of a stellar liar. Terrible liars are rarely sociopaths because they feel guilty and give away that they are lying. Sociopaths make much better liars.

mtbr member
    Armstrong threads always start slow, then build up momentum, until hilariousness ensues. Great thread.

I haven't seen this possibility thrown out there, and I don't profess enough knowledge to validate my thoughts, but what if...

...Lance comes out, admits to doping, et al, but spins it to this: the reason why he doped was to ensure that we won the TdF and he knew that he needed to not only win one TdF, but to string enough wins together to immortalize him so that the Livestrong Foundation would have enough brand recognition to generate real tangible assets and money to provide cancer support to the extent that it does.

Maybe his spin will be that he did all of this not for himself, but to ensure that the Livestrong Foundation would solidify its presence to last on its own regardless of whatever outcomes Armstrong the individual would ensue. Give the Foundation a kick start, emboss it in the general public for now and forever, and accept whatever personal risks come out of it. Given his cancer, he possibly thought that his time was limited, so he used his celebrity status to create a lasting testament to the Foundation that would survive his life and give back to those that had gone through cancer such as himself. After all, if you survived cancer, what have you got to lose? You've already faced a life threatening event, I'm sure everything else pales in comparison.

He could have thought that maybe he'd only have ten years to live, so why not cheat, get the Foundation its starting mark, and be damned with the personal consequences. Do you think he really cares what happens to him personally when he's been given a second chance at life anyways? Possibly he thinks his time was up when he got cancer and his life since has just been "extra" and he's using it to do something meaningful (for the Foundation).

Yeah, he'd have to deny all doping accusations to ensure that the Foundation was well established. Couldn't have the Foundation come under scrutiny in the midst of his TdF wins. Years after the TdF wins, the Foundation will live on regardless of what happens to Lance. I haven't yet seen somebody blast the Foundation, only Lance the individual, so in that sense, I think he succeeded.

Just a thought. I'm not defending him, but possibly his mindset earlier was to setup the Foundation based on his TdF wins, and arrogance, et al came later when his second chance at life went longer than he originally thought.

Just a theory, guess we'll see later on.

Disclaimer: please don't quote me and challenge me to a dual. I've already confessed that I'm not entirely fluent with all aspects of Armstrong the individual and Armstrong the Foundation. Please don't attempt to rile me up with grammar or spelling errors I may have made, or attempt to present me with evidence to the contrary as I'm not presenting a end-all argument or thesis here.

Yes, I have a mom, and no, I don't have first experience with kangaroos, so hopefully those aspects won't present themselves along with quotations of my post later on.

I have no fear of negative rep, so flame away, although I am more partial to green chiclets than red.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkirkpatri View Post
    Disclaimer: please don't quote me and challenge me to a dual. I've already confessed that I'm not entirely fluent with all aspects of Armstrong the individual and Armstrong the Foundation. Please don't attempt to rile me up with grammar or spelling errors I may have made, or attempt to present me with evidence to the contrary as I'm not presenting a end-all argument or thesis here.

That's got 'Signature line' ... written all over it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by aedubber View Post
    ...... There is doping in all sports ,... GET USED to it
    I expect there is cheating of some sort in many sports, but I don't think I'll GET USED to it. I believe in winning fair. Call me a hopeless idealist.

To make it fair, you'd have to explicitly allow drug usage to enhance performance. Then, you'd have people trashing their lives to win, which happens already in some sports. Winners would be those most willing to trade their futures for some short term glory. In my view, that's not what sport should be about.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    In many cases even when people don't dope that is still what happens.

People lose the joint mobility to sports on a pretty regular basis. Contact sports are worse on the body, but many sports end up with a price.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    In many cases even when people don't dope that is still what happens.

People lose the joint mobility to sports on a pretty regular basis. Contact sports are worse on the body, but many sports end up with a price.
    True enough. But I still don't like the idea of using drugs for competitive advantage.
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    It's clearly a PR move, he and his multimillion dollar PR and lawyer team will control the stagecraft. I think there is little to no chance anything new will be disclosed, and he will dodge and deflect the USADA allegations. If this were a sincere heartfelt mea culpa, he would sack-up and go through the official channels. I speculate that he will play the cancer card. He will say that he only did it, because he would do anything to help find the cure to cancer. He will not rest until he has found the cure...it is his life's work and his legacy and it makes no sense to stop him from working on cancer and giving people hope and motivation.

Oprah should include Dr Phil to call BULLturd, and bring out the people who he defamed, and the careers he has destroyed. Better yet, Lance should confess on Springer, or Maury -- That might be worth watching.
    jW

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    I can't even tell what's sincere and who is being a joker in these threads anymore.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member

I understand this is a forums and we all can debate and say what we want , but seriously some of you guys need to get your washed up heads out of your ass and go ride . There is no point of being on an internet trying to prove this and that when the case has nothing to do with any of you , your not the jury nor the judge so stfu already . There is doping in all sports , it has been around and will be around , this is not the first nor the last case , GET USED to it . You can say he was a scumbag , a cool guy , whatever you want , but in the end he is just another guy that got busted big deal .

I will give him credit tho for starting the Livestrong foundation , havent seen many other dopers do something of this caliber , im not saying it makes him a better person but at least hes not a full cup of **** right ? Whatever happens happens , but whatever the outcome is it will not affect ANY of you guys on here so relax you dr phil's .

Point being , there are bigger pictures in your life im sure you should worry about and focus on then something thats on the news

Regarding KJlueds comment , cmon really ? Are you guys that butt hurt and sensitive to words typed over the INTERNET ? lol wow might as well throw on the high heels and lipstick at that rate . Who gives a fuk
    Seems like you should make some time to ride. 1600 posts since 2011?

The case has nothing to do with any of you so stfu already, but I will add my two cents. ???
    Last edited by petersbike; 01-12-2013 at 02:41 PM.

mtbr member
    I've lost respect for him for sure....

RideDirt
    Quote Originally Posted by petersbike View Post
    Seems like you should make some time to ride. 1600 posts since 2011?
    I'm sorry I own a cell phone and browse the forums with it while I'm at work or the fact that I had an injury that cost me almost 6 months of not doing anything. I'm glad that post count is what you worry about lol loser. I see you must be part of the butt hurt group

Ya cuz you guys *****ing like you raced against him and acting like this is going to end the world.Not here to argue so suck it up or be a little sissy and not like my post.

mtbr member
    I'm sorry I own a cell phone and browse the forums with it while I'm at work or the fact that I had an injury that cost me almost 6 months of not doing anything. I'm glad that post count is what you worry about lol loser. I see you must be part of the butt hurt group

Ya cuz you guys *****ing like you raced against him and acting like this is going to end the world.Not here to argue so suck it up or be a little sissy and not like my post.
    Stop making excuses and own up to the fact that you are a hypocrite.

RideDirt
    Okay you win ! But yes a type 3 separated r AC and 3 fractures to my scapula put me out for months, nice try . I'm done with you and this silly thread, peace out tool .

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    He is definitely an insult to bicycle sport, his foundation was just a way to make him look more clean and human.

He was doping only for money, not to win or be the best. That is what makes guys like Hinault or Pantani "forgivable" riders.

He made his own laws of terror inside the peloton. One man faced him and had been banned for this, Christophe Bassons.

He was only there for money
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    They all were doping. He just so happened to be the Best one doping. The guy is still and always will be a legend to millions of people. He has raised billions of dollars for cancer and cycling industry/associations all over the world. In my opinion, this man does not deserve to be dragged through the mud.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Are you thick?
    How the hell do you know that "it didn't bother him AS MUCH"?
    It means the same thing, you are assuming on how he feels.
    Quit whle you're behind.
    Are you thick?

You obviously care more about it then what he does because you just won't let it go.

Maybe you should quit while you are behind.

But ok, if it will help you let it go

Mono, I am sorry I talked about your mamma.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishbucket View Post
    I'll jump into this....

The affect you were looking for was to belittle his mother and make the argument personal... Most likely because you were not being heard or agreed with. ( 'llI go with the latter)

It's a deflection tactic to amp up the other person, and then when they blow-up, you use that as a chance to chop them down. to make proof, they are the irrational one.

I will agree and disagree.

Maybe it was a deflection tactic but really it was just because this whole thing has gone round and round and is going nowhere. I mean seriously he has been lowered below murders, rapists, and pedophiles by some. Other completely belittle what he has done for cancer research and the other good he has done.

So what if he doped?
    If he didn't, the second place doper would have won.

Does this make it right?
    No

However, it is really sad how so many people can be so self righteous and turn their back on him and cast him away like yesterdays trash.
    Like I have stated before, I would bet that the majority of those who have discarded him would do the exact same thing he did if presented the chance.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by chombers View Post
    They all were doping. He just so happened to be the Best one doping. The guy is still and always will be a legend to millions of people. He has raised billions of dollars for cancer and cycling industry/associations all over the world. In my opinion, this man does not deserve to be dragged through the mud.

Jebus, where to start on this one? There is not one factual sentence in this post.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast