Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 201 to 250 of 381
  1. #201
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,977
    [QUOTE=kjlued;10068334]
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    For LA, this is most likely true



    Well, pic one is a hot chic hugging a pro athlete not a huf between mountain bikers.

    Pic 2 is somebody hugging a new frame. I mean seriously, not only do I hug my bike daily, I snuggle up to it at night when I go to bed and if you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you.

    Neither depicts mountain bikers hugging.
    how do you know the hot chick is not a pro mountain biker? maybe his team mate?

    ever heard of leigh donovan or missy giove or caroline chausson?

  2. #202
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Well, pic one is a hot chic hugging a pro athlete not a huf between mountain bikers.

    Pic 2 is somebody hugging a new frame. I mean seriously, not only do I hug my bike daily, I snuggle up to it at night when I go to bed and if you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you.

    Neither depicts mountain bikers hugging.
    Something tells me you'd argue with a fence post, just to argue

  3. #203
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    [QUOTE=shekky;10068404]
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post

    how do you know the hot chick is not a pro mountain biker? maybe his team mate?

    ever heard of leigh donovan or missy giove or caroline chausson?
    Well maybe she is but hugs between the sexes are always acceptable especially if she is hawt.

  4. #204
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,304
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued
    I mean seriously, not only do I hug my bike daily, I snuggle up to it at night when I go to bed and if you don't, there is something seriously wrong with you.
    oh, so you're this guy.

    that certainly clears a lot of things up around here...
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  5. #205
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    Something tells me you'd argue with a fence post, just to argue
    How do I disagree with that without proving your point? lol

    But seriously, I consider most the people here I argue with to be slightly more intelligent than a fence post......Just slightly though.

  6. #206
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,977
    [QUOTE=kjlued;10068467]
    Quote Originally Posted by shekky View Post

    Well maybe she is but hugs between the sexes are always acceptable especially if she is hawt.
    well...maybe if it's your old coach or if your team won the game too, my friend...

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Qtc4DTCPMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

  7. #207
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    oh, so you're this guy.

    that certainly clears a lot of things up around here...
    Well, if you consider hugging and snuggling to be sex, then yes.

  8. #208
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,977
    wow. we have moved far, far away from anything resembling the "high road" here...

  9. #209
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    [QUOTE=shekky;10068480]
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post

    well...maybe if it's your old coach or if your team won the game too, my friend...

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1Qtc4DTCPMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    You know, if it wasn't for the the little flamboyant skip before the hug, it would be cool.
    However that skip made it all weird. lol

    Besides where is the mountain bike?

  10. #210
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Tree Hugger

  11. #211
    Old Punk
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    529
    [QUOTE=kjlued;10068334]
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    For LA, this is most likely true



    Well, pic one is a hot chic hugging a pro athlete not a huf between mountain bikers.

    Neither depicts mountain bikers hugging.
    Ummm
    That's Gee and Rachel Atherton, brother and sister teammates. Their older brother Dan is on the team as well.
    This IS mountain bikers hugging. Just sayin!
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

  12. #212
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by curtboroff View Post

    Ummm
    That's Gee and Rachel Atherton, brother and sister teammates. Their older brother Dan is on the team as well.
    Just sayin!
    Ummm, she is still hawt

    Just sayin!

    Almost a bro hug between mtn bikers but not quite there.


  13. #213
    Old Punk
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    529
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Ummm, she is still hawt

    Just sayin!

    Almost a bro hug between mtn bikers but not quite there.

    Nice try. But that's a mountain biker and a kayaker.

    And yes. She's really hot.
    '09 Specialized Rockhopper expert 29
    Born 26" trials
    '07 Specialized Allez

  14. #214
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033

  15. #215
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Ummm, she is still hawt

    Just sayin!

    Almost a bro hug between mtn bikers but not quite there.

    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iTTqsu5HK-A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  16. #216
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabe3 View Post
    i don't see the reason he should admit. hes got a ton of money in the bank, a good family. if he doped, you can bet others did too, and he finished those races with the fastest time at the end of the day.
    he was the fastest on Tour de France during seven years, seven years dude ! He was not the best racer, he just found the magic formula and the perfect mix about chemics and medicins to improve his physical faculties. He was the chief of a criminal network especially made to give him and his team riders those illegal products.

    He was not the best, he was the most doped with the best formula.

    This guy deserves to be washed in the mud, he still be an insult to one of the most beautiful sport in the world, because he was not only doped, because he acted like a criminal the way he organized his way of doping and the pressure he exercized against other clean riders.

    In the US, people love their heroes, and you cannot touch to them. But common', stay objective one moment. He was not the best, he was just doped with the best things, he was a criminal, and the most vomitive thing is he did all of that not to win, but just for money.

    Bernard Hinault, Fausto Coppi, Marco Pantani, and many other famous riders were doping, but they did it to win and be the best not for money.
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  17. #217
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    108
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadier View Post
    Bernard Hinault, Fausto Coppi, Marco Pantani, and many other famous riders were doping, but they did it to win and be the best not for money.
    and you know this how?







    o wait, doping's fine. Everyone's doing it. It's why you dope that matters.

  18. #218
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    they all did not have the wealth and money Armstrong has.

    There is still "clean" teams to face what you said.
    AG2R-La Mondiale
    Argos-Shimano
    FDJ
    Garmin-Sharp
    Lotto-Belisol
    Orica-GreenEDGE
    Vacansoleil
    Pour les continentales pro :
    Cofidis
    Europcar
    NetApp-Endura
    Sojasun
    Colombia
    Bardiani-CSF Inox
    IAM Cycling
    Bretagne-Séché Environnement
    La Pomme Marseille
    BigMat-Auber 93
    OCBC Singapour
    Optum-Kelly Benefit Strategies
    Plussbank-BMC
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  19. #219
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    108
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't follow road cycling events because they're boring (imo), but I highly doubt that any of the top players in the world stage are fully 'clean'. Drugs don't make you a top player. You have to be among the best, clean, to be at the top. The drugs just give you that edge over the others.

    It's a pretty much a level playing field if everyone's doping, but that don't make it right.

  20. #220
    Ugly As F*ck
    Reputation: uglyguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    367
    Armstrong isn't a ****** because he's a doper. He's a ****** because he's from Texas. That's the real issue here.

  21. #221
    Ugly As F*ck
    Reputation: uglyguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    367
    Are you kidding? MTBR bleeps out d0uche? What is this world coming to..

  22. #222
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    @ uglyguy2 :
    Why being native from Texas should be bad for you ?
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  23. #223
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by curtboroff View Post
    Nice try. But that's a mountain biker and a kayaker.
    Good call and you are correct sir.

    Hmmmm, when it comes to mountain bikers, I see guys hugging girls, girls hugging girls, girls and guys hugging bikes but no bro hugs. Which I guess proves my point.
    And as Spicoli clip says, if it was two dudes, they would probably be gay.

    Is he going in for the hug? I dunno.


  24. #224
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadier View Post
    @ uglyguy2 :
    Why being native from Texas should be bad for you ?
    He was just making a joke but it seems to lose a little in translation.

  25. #225
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    Oh well I am sorry, I stopped my english lessons to Brian is in the kitchen and not in Sandy
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  26. #226
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadier View Post
    Oh well I am sorry, I stopped my english lessons to Brian is in the kitchen and not in Sandy
    I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you.

    I can't speak multiple langues and am always impressed when people can.

  27. #227
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    56
    no matter dude, I just forgot a smiley ! arf I still suck in the art of Smileyless

    Well after 10 pages of nose eating, I think people here need to be happy. They look sad, and I will teach you all to be happy, I will teach your grandmas to suck an egg

    It's the Ren and Stimpy show........Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy.........wouhou !
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

  28. #228
    sock puppet
    Reputation: osokolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,047
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Good call and you are correct sir.

    Hmmmm, when it comes to mountain bikers, I see guys hugging girls, girls hugging girls, girls and guys hugging bikes but no bro hugs. Which I guess proves my point.
    And as Spicoli clip says, if it was two dudes, they would probably be gay.

    Is he going in for the hug? I dunno.

    what's your take when a guy hugs a guy? are they gay for sure or maybe not?
    Signature

  29. #229
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    It's not gay until something enters an orifice.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  30. #230
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Good call and you are correct sir.

    Hmmmm, when it comes to mountain bikers, I see guys hugging girls, girls hugging girls, girls and guys hugging bikes but no bro hugs. Which I guess proves my point.
    And as Spicoli clip says, if it was two dudes, they would probably be gay.

    Is he going in for the hug? I dunno.

    You seem kind of hung up on this diversion

  31. #231
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    what's your take when a guy hugs a guy? are they gay for sure or maybe not?
    I can't say for sure.

    But if they were, that would be their thing.



    Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    You seem kind of hung up on this diversion
    Yeah, probably because discussing LA at this point is really quite pointless.
    The only thing anyone proved in this thread is that not everyone is going to agree so I suppose it is time to just agree to disagree.

    Maybe we should post pics of hot women mountain bikers.



    However, I have to say, she should wear a helmet.

  32. #232
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,259
    When is the interview going to air ?




    I'm sure I could clean the gutters or shovel out the septic tank when it's on... I'll be smelling the same stench


    ..

  33. #233
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roadsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    548
    AP source: Armstrong tells Oprah he doped

    Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

    [snipped]

    Soon afterward, Winfrey tweeted: "Just wrapped with (at)lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY!" She was scheduled to appear on "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday to discuss the interview.

  34. #234
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Danke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    538

  35. #235
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,033







    That P.S. is probably gonna bite him hard.

    Have you been wronged by LA ?
    Call 1-800-Get-Dope ... The civil court, recovery lawyers, if you believe you have been monetarily injured by LA.

  36. #236
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roadsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    548
    Official: Justice considers joining Armstrong lawsuit

    As Lance Armstrong admits to doping during his famed cycling career, Justice Department officials are recommending that the agency join a federal whistleblower lawsuit against Armstrong, a federal law enforcement official briefed on the matter but not authorized to speak told USA TODAY Sports.

    The case was initiated by former cyclist and Armstrong teammate Floyd Landis under the False Claims Act. At issue is whether Armstrong and others defrauded the U.S. Postal Service of around $30 million when it sponsored his team.


    Full article

    Source: Lance in talks to return money

    Lance Armstrong might pay back part of the money he received from the U.S. Postal Service, which sponsored the cyclist and his team while he was winning six of his Tours de France, a source familiar with the situation told CNN Monday night.

    The source said Armstrong was in negotiations to repay some of the money.

    A spokeswoman for the agency said: "We are not in a position now to discuss any of the legal issues associated with these developments and the prior relationship between the U.S. Postal Service and Mr. Armstrong, but we will do so at an appropriate time."


    Full article

  37. #237
    RideDirt
    Reputation: aedubber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,252
    "The most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."


    This man will be a LEGEND of a master mind ! LOL ...

  38. #238
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    All i want to know is where are the total muppets, all 10% of them from the do you believe lance is clean thread that voted 'no he never doped', these people take the award for the stupidest human beings on planet earth, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being so stupid, you let down the human race and should not be allowed to breed, and if you have, i feel sorry for your children......

    Carry on....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  39. #239
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Kiwiplague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    All i want to know is where are the total muppets, all 10% of them from the do you believe lance is clean thread that voted 'no he never doped', these people take the award for the stupidest human beings on planet earth, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being so stupid, you let down the human race and should not be allowed to breed, and if you have, i feel sorry for your children......

    Carry on....
    Yeah, I'd like to see exactly how all the true believers will get out of their blind devotion to Lance now.
    In my mind, the doping isn't quite as bad as how he systematically (and cynically) tried to destroy, threaten and cajole all those who tried to speak out against him. He may be a driven individual, but boy is he a complete ****** (insert favourite swearword)
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

  40. #240
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    All i want to know is where are the total muppets, all 10% of them from the do you believe lance is clean thread that voted 'no he never doped', these people take the award for the stupidest human beings on planet earth, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being so stupid, you let down the human race and should not be allowed to breed, and if you have, i feel sorry for your children......

    Carry on....
    Well, I am sure I am one of those so called muppets lol

    I never stated I believed he was clean. In fact I said I believed he did it.
    I am pretty sure most the other "muppets" felt the same but I can't speak for them.
    I just wasn't going to throw him under the bus for his actions.
    I also did and still don't believe he owed a public apology.

    Now that there is proof, I still stand behind everything I said and understand why he did it, the fact that all the top guys were doing it, and the fact that he still beat all the other dopers. lol

  41. #241
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Well, I am sure I am one of those so called muppets lol

    I never stated I believed he was clean. In fact I said I believed he did it.
    I am pretty sure most the other "muppets" felt the same but I can't speak for them.
    I just wasn't going to throw him under the bus for his actions.
    I also did and still don't believe he owed a public apology.

    Now that there is proof, I still stand behind everything I said and understand why he did it, the fact that all the top guys were doing it, and the fact that he still beat all the other dopers. lol
    no i realise you have said that you thought he did, but im not going over the 'proof 'thing again, there is mountains of proof, yes proof, read the usada report, it spelt out very simply in there, MOUNTAINS OF PROOF, enough proof to nail 50 people let alone one person, the only reason he is coming clean is because he looks the fool trying to deny the proof.
    im not going to again list it, i have in every lance blog on this site.
    If you choose to not take it as proof or read between the lines thats up to you, but for the life of me i dont realise how you have gotton to the conclusion there in no proof, go read the debrief of the USADA report, or if you want to see a few of the many eye witness reports go watch the doco 'the world according to lance, there is eye witness acconts in there from not only riders but people who have nothing to gain, and there is much more than eye witness accounts....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  42. #242
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    but im not going over the 'proof 'thing again

    But yet you still did go over it. lol
    So maybe I should explain my idea of proof.

    Maybe I should have chosen the word "proven" instead.
    Which up until the point somebody confesses or is convicted, guilt is not proven.
    There could have been multiple reasons he chose not to fight.
    Did I believe LA stop fighting in order to avoid conviction? Yes, I did believe so.

    Our very fiber of American (I know you are not American) justice is to assume a man is innocent until proven guilty.

  43. #243
    High Desert MTBer
    Reputation: rockerc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Our very fiber of American (I know you are not American) justice is to assume a man is innocent until proven guilty.
    Not limited to 'American Justice', same holds for many other places. UK & Oz being 2.

    The fact of the matter in all of this is that Lance Armstrong is a cheat and has been for many years. How anyone can try and justify cheating in any way beggars belief and makes me sad that it is acceptable in some peoples' eyes. It will be interesting to see how people wriggle out of this now he has 'fessed up officially.
    It's all Here. Now.

  44. #244
    Ugly As F*ck
    Reputation: uglyguy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    367
    Turns out it was just a typo. LIE STRONG. That's what the bracelets meant to say. Not his fault.

  45. #245
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Not limited to 'American Justice', same holds for many other places. UK & Oz being 2.

    The fact of the matter in all of this is that Lance Armstrong is a cheat and has been for many years. How anyone can try and justify cheating in any way beggars belief and makes me sad that it is acceptable in some peoples' eyes. It will be interesting to see how people wriggle out of this now he has 'fessed up officially.
    Again, I don't think so many people think it is OK to cheat just understand why he did.
    It goes back to something I asked earlier.

    If you busted your ass your whole life to get to the top and realized that you kept falling short because the guys on top were doping, what would you do? Would you chose to stay clean knowing you would never beat the dopers and just fade away losing potentially millions of dollars or do you throw your hat in the ring, do what the guys that are beating you are doing and hope to not get caught.

    I believe most people here are good people and would like to believe that under all adversity they would always do the right thing no matter what the consequences are. However, I think that many of us if faced with that adversity would be surprised on what we would do to get on the top.

  46. #246
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkirkpatri's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,536
    Educational hijack:

    I bet you anything that this whole Armstrong sage will be used as real life example printed in post secondary education ethic course textbooks in a few years (much like West Jet is used in organizational behavior and accounting courses, and Enron and Worldcom is used in audit courses).

  47. #247
    Cow Clicker
    Reputation: wmac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,031
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Again, I don't think so many people think it is OK to cheat just understand why he did.
    It goes back to something I asked earlier.

    If you busted your ass your whole life to get to the top and realized that you kept falling short because the guys on top were doping, what would you do? Would you chose to stay clean knowing you would never beat the dopers and just fade away losing potentially millions of dollars or do you throw your hat in the ring, do what the guys that are beating you are doing and hope to not get caught.

    I believe most people here are good people and would like to believe that under all adversity they would always do the right thing no matter what the consequences are. However, I think that many of us if faced with that adversity would be surprised on what we would do to get on the top.
    A lot of the guys on Wall Street feel the same way. Let's have sympathy for them too and be okay with them cheating.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

  48. #248
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,596
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Again, I don't think so many people think it is OK to cheat just understand why he did.
    It goes back to something I asked earlier.

    If you busted your ass your whole life to get to the top and realized that you kept falling short because the guys on top were doping, what would you do? Would you chose to stay clean knowing you would never beat the dopers and just fade away losing potentially millions of dollars or do you throw your hat in the ring, do what the guys that are beating you are doing and hope to not get caught.

    I believe most people here are good people and would like to believe that under all adversity they would always do the right thing no matter what the consequences are. However, I think that many of us if faced with that adversity would be surprised on what we would do to get on the top.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  49. #249
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Roadsters's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    548
    Oprah says Lance Armstrong 'did not come clean' like she thought he would

    Oprah Winfrey said Lance Armstrong, who she said confessed to her that he used performe-enhancing drugs during his string of Tour de France victories, did 'not come clean in the manner' she expected, Reuters reported.

    Winfrey went on to say that she would leave it to others to decided if the former champion was contrite during the interview that was taped on Monday, but she did call him thoughtful and serious.


    Full article

  50. #250
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,956
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    A lot of the guys on Wall Street feel the same way. Let's have sympathy for them too and be okay with them cheating.
    I see no comparison in that stretch.

    The exchange affects an entire worlds economy to some degree.
    The TDF affects the TDF.

    Kind of like comparing a guy who shoplifts a few groceries to feed his family because he was laid off his job to a guy who mugs little old ladies because he is too lazy to get a job.
    Sure, they are both stealing but I find it easier to understand and show sympathy too.

    As far as LA goes, I could care less if you show him sympathy and I am sure he could care less too. I just understand why he did what he did.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •