Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 381
  1. #76
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod
    my mom's letting stay up especially late cuz it's the weekend so i'm going to sit in her basement on the interwebs and talk about my most favoritest thing in the whole wide world... penises."
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued
    Close, but it wouldn't be plural as my most favorite thing in the world is not penises, just my penis.
    hmmmm... so by your own admission you live in your mom's basement, she lets you stay up late on the weekend, and you're fascinated by your own own penis.


    i am jack's complete lack of surprise.


    the two options:

    1. you're a prepubescent boy who has not yet discovered how awesome girls are; or

    2. you're a grown man living in your mom's basement who either still has no idea how awesome girls are or is shunned by them.

    which is it?
    Last edited by monogod; 01-12-2013 at 12:58 AM.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  2. #77
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    You kind of farked up majorly here.
    Do not, I repeat, Do not sit behind your keyboard saying stuff you normally won't say to someones face in real life, there is one simple reason why...you know why and if you don't theres no point me telling you why.
    Maybe you should lay off the computer for today.
    LOL, C'mon , it was pretty funny, even mono probably thought it was funny haha
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    487
    Tones, it's funny up to a point. I'm ok with mum jokes and whatnot in a comical environment, but when it comes up out of the blue in debate/arguement, then generally it's used to antagonise, and that I'm not ok with.

  4. #79
    the half breed devil
    Reputation: shekky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,225
    in regards to the tone and direction of this thread, which i have been reading with amusement:

    in organized team sports, a good team will often play down to the level of a bad opponent, which at times will allow said bad opponent to beat the superior team.

    my two cents...

  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mazspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    966
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    yeah, you pretty much got us there....

    after all, LA's dirty drugs tests have proven nothing.

    his documented perjury have proven nothing.

    his documented blackmailing, extortion, retaliation, and pay-offs has proven nothing.

    his documented association with a known drug doctor and the money trail of over $1,000,000 leading from LA to ferarri.

    the sworn testimony of 30+ people proves nothing either.

    the fact that he willing accepted having his wins stripped and banned for life rather than face the evidence/testimony in an open hearing proves nothing.

    the fact that he's considering coming clean now that he sees that in his benefit proves nothing.

    my guess is that for LA's minions in his peanut gallery it will prove nothing even if he admits everything.
    Well said. Lance is the ultimate scumbag, its funny that he wanted to come clean now only to get something in return. Unbelievable. Its not even that he cheated, a lot of them did, it was the way he bullied, lied and cheated the entire way through. Now he's a national disgrace. He earned that last distinction. The media is not giving this man a pass for admitting anything at this,point. It's not that he cheated, its how he did it and the way he went about it. He deserves nothing in return for admitting to be a lying cheating dirtbag. Sorry guys, i know some of you like him, but I have no respect for this man.
    Last edited by mazspeed; 01-12-2013 at 01:08 AM.

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mazspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    966
    Delete

  7. #82
    Clyde on a mission!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Lance tried to destroy people. That is a few notches above doping, so anyone who suggests that "its okay because everyone was doing it" really needs to have a long look at themselves.
    How exactly did Lance destroy people? Did he plant false evidence on someone, then call the cops? Did he verbally abuse people, grinding them into misery? Or is the "destroying" you speak of just the commentators saying stuff like "Lance absolutely destroys Vinokourov!!" when in fact all he was doing was to ride his bike slightly faster?

  8. #83
    Clyde on a mission!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    And that's a shame. I'd rather see what men can do than what drugs can do. Even if that is a lot slower.
    Watch some amateur bike racing, it's mostly clean as there is no real money in that.

    The trouble is, if they started televising amateur races it would attract advertising, big money and suddenly it's no longer just about the glory, riders will make it a living and need to win more often rather than just once in a while, some will start cheating and we're back at the "cheat or be poor and forgotten"-dilemma.

    If you want to watch clean sport, no matter what kind, you have to get out there and watch the grassroots live. As soon as a sport gets televised, the big money enters and people start cheating to stay ahead and get the wins.

  9. #84
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17
    Emma O'Reilly. Greg LeMond. Betsy and Frankie Andrue. David Walsh. Five names of people that were highly affected by LA's attempt to destroy them. Many more are out there.

  10. #85
    Clyde on a mission!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by MNRon View Post
    Emma O'Reilly. Greg LeMond. Betsy and Frankie Andrue. David Walsh. Five names of people that were highly affected by LA's attempt to destroy them. Many more are out there.
    Again, how did he try to destroy them?

    Just picking one, Emma O'Reilly was signed to the team as a handyman, doing laundry, preparing meals, massaging sore legs, stuff like that. I haven't seen her contract, but I think it's safe to bet that there was some sort of clause about discretion in there. Despite that she chooses to spill her guts in a book. She gets sued by the team for doing so and the team tried to discredit her statements by telling nasty stories about her. How is that destroying someone? Is she now destroyed?

    If I speak ill of my employer I'll probably end up being fired. If there was a discretion clause in my contract I might end up being sued. Does that mean that my employer is evil and trying to destroy me? Or are they merely doing what every corporation would do to protect their name and setting an example to other employees about honoring the discretion clause?

  11. #86
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    You kind of farked up majorly here.
    Do not, I repeat, Do not sit behind your keyboard saying stuff you normally won't say to someones face in real life, there is one simple reason why...you know why and if you don't theres no point me telling you why.
    Maybe you should lay off the computer for today.
    Actually, there is a lot of things I would say in person that would surprise you.
    But if a joke gets to you that bad there the must be some truth to it.

    It obviously did't bother mono as much because either I am prepubescent or an adult living in my moms basement and he doesn't take me seriously. Also he knows it to not be true. However, it seems to bother you, I wonder why?

    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    hmmmm... so by your own admission you live in your mom's basement, she lets you stay up late on the weekend, and you're fascinated by your own own penis.


    i am jack's complete lack of surprise.


    the two options:

    1. you're a prepubescent boy who has not yet discovered how awesome girls are; or

    2. you're a grown man living in your mom's basement who either still has no idea how awesome girls are or is shunned by them.

    which is it?
    Yup, that is what it is... you chose, I will go with either one.


    Quote Originally Posted by mazspeed View Post
    Well said. Lance is the ultimate scumbag,

    Oh, c'mon.
    Ultimate scumbag? Really?

    So you think he is low than murderers, rapists and pedophiles?
    Or is he just equally as low?

  12. #87
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrenseren View Post
    Watch some amateur bike racing, it's mostly clean as there is no real money in that.

    The trouble is, if they started televising amateur races it would attract advertising, big money and suddenly it's no longer just about the glory, riders will make it a living and need to win more often rather than just once in a while, some will start cheating and we're back at the "cheat or be poor and forgotten"-dilemma.

    If you want to watch clean sport, no matter what kind, you have to get out there and watch the grassroots live. As soon as a sport gets televised, the big money enters and people start cheating to stay ahead and get the wins.

    Well said.

    I don't think anyone is saying it is ok because everyone is doing it.
    We are just saying we understand the nature of the beast.

    It is real easy to point fingers and call somebody a scumbag and say you would never do something but when millions of dollars are waved in your face, I am sure a lot of those attitudes will change.

    Say you won't and believe you won't if it makes you feel better but in reality everyone has a price they would be willing to pay to be on top.

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    It obviously did't bother mono as much because either I am prepubescent or an adult living in my moms basement and he doesn't take me seriously. Also he knows it to not be true. However, it seems to bother you, I wonder why?
    I haven't read anything by mono saying he didn't mind that statement, and I challenge you to find me where he did say he didn't mind. Dont tell me how you think mono feels.
    Even if he didn't mind, that does not make it ok.
    Bringing a mom into a debate/arguement to me indicates a complete lack of respect and intelligence, why the fark would you even go there?
    Thats all I have to say on the subject.

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fiskare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    543
    It's starting to look like he is gonna admit doping. Now, will he ever give Landis a nickle?

  15. #90
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    I haven't read anything by mono saying he didn't mind that statement, and I challenge you to find me where he did say he didn't mind. Dont tell me how you think mono feels.
    Even if he didn't mind, that does not make it ok.
    Bringing a mom into a debate/arguement to me indicates a complete lack of respect and intelligence, why the fark would you even go there?
    Thats all I have to say on the subject.
    I challenge you to find where I said he didn't mind.

  16. #91
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by MNRon View Post
    Emma O'Reilly. Greg LeMond. Betsy and Frankie Andrue. David Walsh. Five names of people that were highly affected by LA's attempt to destroy them. Many more are out there.
    No doubt about it, Lance is a low life of the highest order.

    Even people like, David Berkowitz (son of sam), Richard Remirez, Ted Bundy have been honest after they where caught.

    But Lance remains in the class of the John Wayne Gacy's of this world and has never had the balls to come clean, and has continued to throw others under the bus to cover his own ass.......
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    I challenge you to find where I said he didn't mind.
    Post #87
    I even quoted you....are you blind?

  18. #93
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,629
    Quote Originally Posted by SV11 View Post
    Post #87
    I even quoted you....are you blind?
    No, but I know basic reading comprehension.

    I said it didn't bother him AS MUCH.

    No where did I say he didn't mind or that it didn't bother him at all.
    There is a difference.

    You would think that since you even quoted it, you would be able to at least comprehend it.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DirtyHank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    and has continued to throw others under the bus to cover his own ass.......
    Maybe he'll throw Oprah under the bus.

    Hank

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrenseren View Post
    Again, how did he try to destroy them?

    Just picking one, Emma O'Reilly was signed to the team as a handyman, doing laundry, preparing meals, massaging sore legs, stuff like that. I haven't seen her contract, but I think it's safe to bet that there was some sort of clause about discretion in there. Despite that she chooses to spill her guts in a book. She gets sued by the team for doing so and the team tried to discredit her statements by telling nasty stories about her. How is that destroying someone? Is she now destroyed?

    If I speak ill of my employer I'll probably end up being fired. If there was a discretion clause in my contract I might end up being sued. Does that mean that my employer is evil and trying to destroy me? Or are they merely doing what every corporation would do to protect their name and setting an example to other employees about honoring the discretion clause?
    How about LeMond and Trek? Documented that LA used his influence to get Trek to drop The LeMond line.

    As far as an employer handling itself after firing someone, they don't libel someone in the press while in a lawsuit with them.

  21. #96
    bhc
    bhc is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    439
    So will Lemond be in the audience on the Oprah show?

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fiskare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    543
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyHank View Post
    Maybe he'll throw Oprah under the bus.
    That's no way to treat a bus.

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12
    Not only did he cheat, but he crucified all those who dare challenged him. He does not deserve a pass.

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    487
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    No, but I know basic reading comprehension.

    I said it didn't bother him AS MUCH.

    No where did I say he didn't mind or that it didn't bother him at all.
    There is a difference.

    You would think that since you even quoted it, you would be able to at least comprehend it.
    Are you thick?
    How the hell do you know that "it didn't bother him AS MUCH"?
    It means the same thing, you are assuming on how he feels.
    Quit whle you're behind.

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    No, but I know basic reading comprehension.

    I said it didn't bother him AS MUCH.

    No where did I say he didn't mind or that it didn't bother him at all.
    There is a difference.

    I'll jump into this....

    The affect you were looking for was to belittle his mother and make the argument personal... Most likely because you were not being heard or agreed with. ( 'llI go with the latter)

    It's a deflection tactic to amp up the other person, and then when they blow-up, you use that as a chance to chop them down. to make proof, they are the irrational one.


Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •