Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 381
  1. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    18
    shouldve gone with bryant gumble!

  2. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Wishful Tomcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,046
    Quote Originally Posted by June Bug View Post
    Anybody watch the Travis Tygart interview on 60 Minutes Sports last night? I missed it.
    Had to do with this:

    Lausanne Laboratory Gave Armstrong Key To Beating EPO Test, Says Tygart | Cyclingnews.com

  3. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,175
    That's a bombshell.
    "Most tested athlete in the world," indeed.

  4. #29
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    Stand him up in front of Judge Judy and at least you'd get the pleasure of watching her brow-beat him while he stonewalls.
    Hahahaha great call, judge judy lol....

    Oprah and Lance are already great mates, it will be nothing more that a well planned load of garbage.

    Lance is a sociopath, and this Winfey interview will only prove it even more.

    Dont expect anything more than more self serving lies from lance, its the only way he knows.
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  5. #30
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf View Post
    Just remember that there is not too much difference between the worst of us and the best of us.
    Did the "old time" cyclists cheat?? Probably so. Who knows how the others would have fared with our 24 hour news "cycle"??
    As far as the others who turned evidence against Armstrong, in my opinion they are no better than him. They all cheated and took away opportunities from those who even though talented, refused to cheat and would not even get a chance to compete.
    Really it matters little what he has to say. The evidence against him is out there and damaging. I admit to enjoying his run over the years. A story that good generally has it's dark side.
    Our society is set up to adore or crucify with little in between. There isn't much in life that money hasn't screwed up.
    Sorry wolf, i dont buy into this one iota...
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  6. #31
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Did he cheat?
    Probably, I dunno.

    But really who gives a fvck?
    After all, he did beat the other dopers.

  7. #32
    no trees are safe
    Reputation: Millfox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    492
    Doper or not. I feel sorry for the man.

  8. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Gasp4Air's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,259
    From TheOnion store:
    Use it, use it, use it while you still have it.

  9. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation: markymark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    460
    this is my body and i can do whatever i want to it... This ad was made at the height of his drug cheating...


  10. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    870
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Sorry wolf, i dont buy into this one iota...
    You should at least a bit since there was loads of cheating on cocaine, amphetamines, and whatever happened to be around at the time since the beginning of the tour.

  11. #36
    banned
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,298
    Lance tried to destroy people. That is a few notches above doping, so anyone who suggests that "its okay because everyone was doing it" really needs to have a long look at themselves.

  12. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation: DirtyHank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    235
    Like he's used to doing, I think he'll just spin...Blame it on his trainers, say something like everybody was doing it and say it was the fault of industry.

    Hank

  13. #38
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Reputation: NEPMTBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    6,974
    Let's see?...

    ...the Oprah book club, Hum? Lance will be penning a few new books really soon!

    They will both make lots of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Join the book club!

  14. #39
    squish, squish in da fish
    Reputation: fishwrinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    986
    Quote Originally Posted by markymark View Post
    this is my body and i can do whatever i want to it... This ad was made at the height of his drug cheating...
    oh he was tweakin' it. ppl need to stop caring about pro athletes. who gives a rats ass if they cheat, maybe thats why he had a nut chopped off. my nuts would want to abandon ship too, if i was spinning for 6 hrs a day and spiking **** into my body. go out and have fun and when it stops being fun then find something else. i'm so sick of hearing about oprah and lance i might chop my nuts off
    Last edited by fishwrinkle; 01-11-2013 at 07:11 PM.

  15. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Fishbucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,865
    Quote Originally Posted by 53119 View Post
    you think off camera he'll snap one of those yellow wristbands in his eye .


    Quote Originally Posted by Fix the Spade View Post
    Clean eh? The only way that man could ever be clean inside is if he started drinking bleach..


    Quote Originally Posted by Gasp4Air View Post
    From TheOnion store:


    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    , maybe thats why he had a nut chopped off..... i might chop my nuts off


  16. #41
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    Lance tried to destroy people. That is a few notches above doping, so anyone who suggests that "its okay because everyone was doing it" really needs to have a long look at themselves.
    yup.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  17. #42
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by sxotty View Post
    You should at least a bit since there was loads of cheating on cocaine, amphetamines, and whatever happened to be around at the time since the beginning of the tour.
    substance bans weren't implemented until 1963, so for the first 60 years of the tour using PEDs wasn't cheating.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  18. #43
    meh... whatever
    Reputation: monogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,436
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Did he cheat?
    Probably, I dunno.

    But really who gives a fvck?
    After all, he did beat the other dopers.
    you can bet the first clean, non-doping rider across the line gives more than just one.
    "Knowledge is good." ~ Emil Faber

  19. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jerry68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    452
    Quote Originally Posted by monogod View Post
    you can bet the first clean, non-doping rider across the line gives more than just one.
    I am betting you'd be hard pressed to find one at that level.
    Pisgah Area SORBA

    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    ... your idea of technical may be much different than other peoples idea of technical.

  20. #45
    Laramie, Wyoming
    Reputation: alphazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,298
    I am betting you'd be hard pressed to find one at that level.
    And that's a shame. I'd rather see what men can do than what drugs can do. Even if that is a lot slower.

  21. #46
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Quote Originally Posted by alphazz View Post
    And that's a shame. I'd rather see what men can do than what drugs can do. Even if that is a lot slower.
    Sure, we all would.
    I mean lets face it, even the TDF on dope isn't "exciting" to watch.
    As far as excitement goes, the few more minutes it would take wouldn't make a difference.

    Does the fact that everyone doped at that level make it "ok"?
    No

    However, the fact that everyone at that level doped made it necessary to win.

    I would bet money that lance not doping would have beaten every non doper.
    Lance not doping probably would have also beaten several of the dopers.

    So, what do you do if you busted your ass your whole life to win only to find out you won't win and nobody will know who you are because all the top people are doping.
    It is easy for all of us to say we will fight the good fight and not sully the results because we are not in that position. However, I would bet the majority of us that say we would never do what Lance did would do exactly what Lance did if presented the opportunity.

    If Lance would not have doped up, nobody would know his name at all.
    Instead the name of the next doper would be on our tongues.

    BTW, just out of curiosity who here could name the 2nd place winner of every year from 1999 to 2005? Unless you are seriously in to watching cycling I bet most people couldn't name the five 2nd place guys. I would even bet the majority of people could not name the guy that got 2nd place 3x's in those years even though he doped too.
    Yet, Lance Armstrongs name would still be the first to come to mind of the majority of people in the world when it comes to cycling.

    nuff said

  22. #47
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Sure, we all would.
    I mean lets face it, even the TDF on dope isn't "exciting" to watch.
    As far as excitement goes, the few more minutes it would take wouldn't make a difference.

    Does the fact that everyone doped at that level make it "ok"?
    No

    However, the fact that everyone at that level doped made it necessary to win.

    I would bet money that lance not doping would have beaten every non doper.
    Lance not doping probably would have also beaten several of the dopers.

    So, what do you do if you busted your ass your whole life to win only to find out you won't win and nobody will know who you are because all the top people are doping.
    It is easy for all of us to say we will fight the good fight and not sully the results because we are not in that position. However, I would bet the majority of us that say we would never do what Lance did would do exactly what Lance did if presented the opportunity.

    If Lance would not have doped up, nobody would know his name at all.
    Instead the name of the next doper would be on our tongues.

    BTW, just out of curiosity who here could name the 2nd place winner of every year from 1999 to 2005? Unless you are seriously in to watching cycling I bet most people couldn't name the five 2nd place guys. I would even bet the majority of people could not name the guy that got 2nd place 3x's in those years even though he doped too.
    Yet, Lance Armstrongs name would still be the first to come to mind of the majority of people in the world when it comes to cycling.

    nuff said
    he wouldnt have beaten Cadel Evens, ''id bet money had lance had not doped he would have beaten every other non doper''
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  23. #48
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by jerry68 View Post
    I am betting you'd be hard pressed to find one at that level.
    CADEL EVENS, universally seen by his pears, insiders and fellow riders as a clean skin AND WINNER AND NUMEROUS TIMES PLACE GETTER OF THE TOUR.......
    Enough said...
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

  24. #49
    Rogue Exterminator
    Reputation: kjlued's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4,514
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    he wouldnt have beaten Cadel Evens, ''id bet money had lance had not doped he would have beaten every other non doper''
    Speculation and we will never really know.




    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    CADEL EVENS, universally seen by his pears, insiders and fellow riders as a clean skin AND WINNER AND NUMEROUS TIMES PLACE GETTER OF THE TOUR.......
    Enough said...
    Not second place any of the years Lance won

    Also "seen as clean" just like Lance was PROVEN as clean until new evidence comes out.

    ENOUGH SAID!!!!!

  25. #50
    No Stranger to danger....
    Reputation: Tone's's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    5,531
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Speculation and we will never really know.






    Not second place any of the years Lance won

    Also "seen as clean" just like Lance was PROVEN as clean until new evidence comes out.

    ENOUGH SAID!!!!!
    Lance was never proven clean, he rorted the system and plenty knew about it.
    There was a mountain of talk about him being a drug cheat, and this is during his career,
    and now its been proven....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •