Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
    banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag Brah View Post
    What if you absolutely had to use some of your company's funds (without anyone's knowledge ofc) for your family member's life-saving operation?

I wonder what those who don't condone doping /dishonesty would do in this situation.

inb4 the situations are different. Yes they are different, but honesty is the topic being discussed here.

This isn't even a decent Strawman arguement. Honesty? Lance has already demonstrated that "honesty" is an alien concept to him.

sock puppet
    What if you absolutely had to use some of your company's funds (without anyone's knowledge ofc) for your family member's life-saving operation?

I wonder what those who don't condone doping /dishonesty would do in this situation.

inb4 the situations are different. Yes they are different, but honesty is the topic being discussed here.
    Wow. Just wow.

Well lemme think. Can I also consider asking Colombian Cartel for some cash?

Or my local mafia boss?

Besides - how is Livestrong related to your question at all? Would they give me money that someone loved would need for a treatment?

Do you know where their money is going exactly?

Wow.
    Signature

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I didn't even reference LA, not sure if serious.

Poisondartfrog, do you even comprehension skills?

--

Since the topic being discussed here is honesty, with one side saying that everyone has a tipping point when they would do something dishonest for something in return (whatever that something may be) VS the other side saying that dishonesty can never be justified.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    so many jimmies rustled itt.

sock puppet
    so many jimmies rustled itt.
    yep. we all got it wrong. you got it right...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lance Armstrong finally to come clean?-lance.jpeg  

Signature

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Not sure what you mean, I couldn't give less of a **** if LA was doping. My question was influenced by wmac's and kjlued's exchanges.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Watching a news idiots, yesterday.............
    What if the entire Livestrong aspect was to draw attention and heat away from his bad press about doping charges ?

Quite the question, and based on how his situation has developed, and what has been exposed about his character .... It wouldn't surprise me in the least, to find out that the whole Livestrong thing was developed as a distraction.

Uh Oh...................
    Anti-doping officials want Lance Armstrong under oath
    SNIP
    Around the same time, World Anti-Doping Agency officials issued a statement saying that nothing short of “a full confession under oath” would cause them to reconsider Armstrong’s lifetime ban from sanctioned events.
    SNIP

And this just in....................
    Livestrong calls for complete truth from Armstrong

banned
    Aug 2012
    Oh, it's just Lance !!!
    It's not like he's gonna be affecting a lot of people, like that Bernie Madoff character

Olympics could drop cycling over Lance Armstrong revelations
    Fallout from Lance Armstrong's revelations of doping, to be disclosed in an Oprah Winfrey television interview on Thursday, could end up costing cycling a spot in future Olympic Games.
    SNIP

And they (Olympic Committee) just recently got around to accepting MTB style stuff and snowboarding

mtbr member
    May 2012
    What about the doping in weightlifting, running, etc? lol.

Cow Clicker
    Everyone is dishonest some of the time with the right incentive Telling someone you have another call to end the one you're on; taking office supplies home are some examples. In the video I posted a couple pages back, it explains these seemingly little things have massive effects on a global scale.

The difference is, some of us would either not do it or admit to it when we are found out.

The question here is, would anyone cheat and break the rules of a professional sport to personally enrich themselves at the expense of others?

The answer for me is no. If your answer is anything other than no, you are a person of low moral character.

Before my dad died, he told me, "son, character and integrity are what you show youself when no one is looking."
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

High Desert MTBer
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    Everyone is dishonest some of the time with the right incentive Telling someone you have another call to end the one you're on; taking office supplies home are some examples. In the video I posted a couple pages back, it explains these seemingly little things have massive effects on a global scale.

The difference is, some of us would either not do it or admit to it when we are found out.

The question here is, would anyone cheat and break the rules of a professional sport to personally enrich themselves at the expense of others?

The answer for me is no. If your answer is anything other than no, you are a person of low moral character.

Before my dad died, he told me, "son, character and integrity are what you show youself when no one is looking."
    I would pos rep you for this if I either knew how to do it, or ever did it... instead I will just say that your Dad sounds like a very enlightened guy.
    It's all Here. Now.

banned
    Aug 2012
    What about the doping in weightlifting, running, etc? lol.
    When a weightlifting a$$hole comes along who acts like LA has been acting about his doping problems ... Then that subject will be up for discussion.

Besides,
    All his apologists have already told us .... Everyone in cycling does this

YEP,
    Bring on the Olympic committee .... They have a case against this man also.
    In fact the entire planet watched him steal a medal via an activity that, just wasn't caught, and ... The team was all doing it ... Right ???

What a disgrace this is becoming.
    One man's ego might just end up embarrassing an entire nation.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    I would pos rep you for this if I either knew how to do it, or ever did it... instead I will just say that your Dad sounds like a very enlightened guy.
    Covered that REP for ya, because I also agree with the words !!!

Oh, and click this icon under the users name to pos/neg rep someone.

Cow Clicker
    Kobe Bryant raped someone and came clean. Didn't cost him or the sport all that much. Now, people cheer for him and buy their children shirts with his number on them. The new number, because the old Number belonged to a rapist.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Kobe Bryant raped someone and came clean. Didn't cost him or the sport all that much. Now, people cheer for him and buy their children shirts with his number on them. The new number, because the old Number belonged to a rapist.
    I don't remember him coming clean? I thought the accusations were dropped.

Cow Clicker
    Quote Originally Posted by bt2S88 View Post
    Pretty bold statement for someone who claims that they would never cheat.
    I have done both of the things I mentioned above. My boss knows about both of them. Those are the results found by Dan Airely, not me.

banned
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor_b View Post
    I don't remember him coming clean? I thought the accusations were dropped.

They were bought, for a very large sum of money.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Disinformation

Bryant admitted to an adulterous sexual encounter with his accuser, but denied the assault allegation. The case was dropped after Bryant's accuser refused to testify in the case. A separate civil suit was later filed against Bryant by the woman. This was settled out of court and included Bryant's publicly apologizing to his accuser, though admitting no guilt on his part. - Kobe Bryant sexual assault case - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If he had admitted to the rape charge ... He might still be in jail !!

Nice diversion, though

The more I think about it, and the possible fall-out that might still come .... I hope he goes down hard.
    The justice department case about defrauding the Post Office = Lock him up !!!
    The Olympic Medal = Return it !!!
    All his fraudently gained earnings = Repay them, and include interest that could have been earned on that money.

The list goes on ...........

Because he's such a great role model for the kiddies

human dehumidifier
    dishonesty can never be justified.
    IMO dishonesty is never JUSTIFIED but it can be UNDERSTOOD. Two different things.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    This is a good interview, but the part some of you may find interesting is starting at 5 minutes and 40 seconds.

Skip Bayless is extremely candid.

Additionally, before anyone attacks me. I don't have a side. I just started mountain biking in november. Lol! So, I think all of this is interesting now that I like biking. But I really don't care either way about the whole debacle. My biggest concern is learning to ride and not hit a tree. But best believe I will be sitting in front of my tv set watching OWN (Oprah) interview him this thursday and friday night at 9pm.

Either way, the rest of this clip is good, but I like the perspective Skip Bayless put forth.

Reaction To Lance Armstrong Admission - ESPN Video - ESPN

banned
    Aug 2012
    Testify

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by floydlippencott View Post
    They were bought, for a very large sum of money.
    yep, exactly...

translated in english - yep - i am guilty, but here... take some cash to help you forget... one million, two million, three million.....
    Signature

Cow Clicker
    Thanks for the Kobe clarification. And all this time I thought an innocent man was a convicted rapist. Whoopsey!

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uneek78 View Post
    This is a good interview, but the part some of you may find interesting is starting at 5 minutes and 40 seconds.

Skip Bayless is extremely candid.

Additionally, before anyone attacks me. I don't have a side. I just started mountain biking in november. Lol! So, I think all of this is interesting no w that I like biking. But I really don't care either way about the whole debacle. My biggest concern is learning to ride and not hit a tree. But best believe I will be sitting in front of my tv set watching OWN (Oprah) interview him this thursday and friday night at 9pm.

Either way, the rest of this clip is good, but I like the perspective Skip Bayless put forth.

Reaction To Lance Armstrong Admission - ESPN Video - ESPN
    Skip Bayless is a liar. Making crazy claims about this hs/college sports career. He was busted on air a few months back.
    Small ring in front makes it easier. Small ring in back makes it harder. That blows my mind.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    IMO dishonesty is never JUSTIFIED but it can be UNDERSTOOD. Two different things.
    Bingo

But some call that rationalizing.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast