Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by brigadier View Post
    Oh well I am sorry, I stopped my english lessons to Brian is in the kitchen and not in Sandy
    I hope you didn't think I was making fun of you.

I can't speak multiple langues and am always impressed when people can.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    no matter dude, I just forgot a smiley ! arf I still suck in the art of Smileyless

Well after 10 pages of nose eating, I think people here need to be happy. They look sad, and I will teach you all to be happy, I will teach your grandmas to suck an egg

It's the Ren and Stimpy show........Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy.........wouhou !
    Chistole Audax Club - "Unity, Pride and Charcuterie"

sock puppet
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    Good call and you are correct sir.

Hmmmm, when it comes to mountain bikers, I see guys hugging girls, girls hugging girls, girls and guys hugging bikes but no bro hugs. Which I guess proves my point.
    And as Spicoli clip says, if it was two dudes, they would probably be gay.

Is he going in for the hug? I dunno.

what's your take when a guy hugs a guy? are they gay for sure or maybe not?
    Signature

Cow Clicker
    It's not gay until something enters an orifice.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

banned
    Aug 2012
    Good call and you are correct sir.

Hmmmm, when it comes to mountain bikers, I see guys hugging girls, girls hugging girls, girls and guys hugging bikes but no bro hugs. Which I guess proves my point.
    And as Spicoli clip says, if it was two dudes, they would probably be gay.

Is he going in for the hug? I dunno.

You seem kind of hung up on this diversion

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by osokolo View Post
    what's your take when a guy hugs a guy? are they gay for sure or maybe not?
    I can't say for sure.

But if they were, that would be their thing.

Quote Originally Posted by bikeabuser View Post
    You seem kind of hung up on this diversion
    Yeah, probably because discussing LA at this point is really quite pointless.
    The only thing anyone proved in this thread is that not everyone is going to agree so I suppose it is time to just agree to disagree.

Maybe we should post pics of hot women mountain bikers.

However, I have to say, she should wear a helmet.

mtbr member
    When is the interview going to air ?

I'm sure I could clean the gutters or shovel out the septic tank when it's on... I'll be smelling the same stench

IllumaDucati
    AP source: Armstrong tells Oprah he doped

Lance Armstrong confessed to Oprah Winfrey during an interview Monday that he used performance-enhancing drugs to win the Tour de France, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

[snipped]

Soon afterward, Winfrey tweeted: "Just wrapped with (at)lancearmstrong More than 2 1/2 hours. He came READY!" She was scheduled to appear on "CBS This Morning" on Tuesday to discuss the interview.

mtbr member

banned
    Aug 2012

That P.S. is probably gonna bite him hard.

Have you been wronged by LA ?
    Call 1-800-Get-Dope ... The civil court, recovery lawyers, if you believe you have been monetarily injured by LA.

IllumaDucati
    Official: Justice considers joining Armstrong lawsuit

As Lance Armstrong admits to doping during his famed cycling career, Justice Department officials are recommending that the agency join a federal whistleblower lawsuit against Armstrong, a federal law enforcement official briefed on the matter but not authorized to speak told USA TODAY Sports.

The case was initiated by former cyclist and Armstrong teammate Floyd Landis under the False Claims Act. At issue is whether Armstrong and others defrauded the U.S. Postal Service of around $30 million when it sponsored his team.

Full article

Source: Lance in talks to return money

Lance Armstrong might pay back part of the money he received from the U.S. Postal Service, which sponsored the cyclist and his team while he was winning six of his Tours de France, a source familiar with the situation told CNN Monday night.

The source said Armstrong was in negotiations to repay some of the money.

A spokeswoman for the agency said: "We are not in a position now to discuss any of the legal issues associated with these developments and the prior relationship between the U.S. Postal Service and Mr. Armstrong, but we will do so at an appropriate time."

Full article

RideDirt
    "The most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

This man will be a LEGEND of a master mind ! LOL ...

No Stranger to danger....
    All i want to know is where are the total muppets, all 10% of them from the do you believe lance is clean thread that voted 'no he never doped', these people take the award for the stupidest human beings on planet earth, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being so stupid, you let down the human race and should not be allowed to breed, and if you have, i feel sorry for your children......

Carry on....
    Dont ever let the truth get in the way of a funny story....

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    All i want to know is where are the total muppets, all 10% of them from the do you believe lance is clean thread that voted 'no he never doped', these people take the award for the stupidest human beings on planet earth, you all should be ashamed of yourselves for being so stupid, you let down the human race and should not be allowed to breed, and if you have, i feel sorry for your children......

Carry on....
    Yeah, I'd like to see exactly how all the true believers will get out of their blind devotion to Lance now.
    In my mind, the doping isn't quite as bad as how he systematically (and cynically) tried to destroy, threaten and cajole all those who tried to speak out against him. He may be a driven individual, but boy is he a complete ****** (insert favourite swearword)
    I don't crash, I just have slightly uncontrolled dismounts!

Rogue Exterminator

Carry on....
    Well, I am sure I am one of those so called muppets lol

I never stated I believed he was clean. In fact I said I believed he did it.
    I am pretty sure most the other "muppets" felt the same but I can't speak for them.
    I just wasn't going to throw him under the bus for his actions.
    I also did and still don't believe he owed a public apology.

Now that there is proof, I still stand behind everything I said and understand why he did it, the fact that all the top guys were doing it, and the fact that he still beat all the other dopers. lol

Well, I am sure I am one of those so called muppets lol

I never stated I believed he was clean. In fact I said I believed he did it.
    I am pretty sure most the other "muppets" felt the same but I can't speak for them.
    I just wasn't going to throw him under the bus for his actions.
    I also did and still don't believe he owed a public apology.

Now that there is proof, I still stand behind everything I said and understand why he did it, the fact that all the top guys were doing it, and the fact that he still beat all the other dopers. lol
    no i realise you have said that you thought he did, but im not going over the 'proof 'thing again, there is mountains of proof, yes proof, read the usada report, it spelt out very simply in there, MOUNTAINS OF PROOF, enough proof to nail 50 people let alone one person, the only reason he is coming clean is because he looks the fool trying to deny the proof.
    im not going to again list it, i have in every lance blog on this site.
    If you choose to not take it as proof or read between the lines thats up to you, but for the life of me i dont realise how you have gotton to the conclusion there in no proof, go read the debrief of the USADA report, or if you want to see a few of the many eye witness reports go watch the doco 'the world according to lance, there is eye witness acconts in there from not only riders but people who have nothing to gain, and there is much more than eye witness accounts....

Rogue Exterminator
    but im not going over the 'proof 'thing again

But yet you still did go over it. lol
    So maybe I should explain my idea of proof.

Maybe I should have chosen the word "proven" instead.
    Which up until the point somebody confesses or is convicted, guilt is not proven.
    There could have been multiple reasons he chose not to fight.
    Did I believe LA stop fighting in order to avoid conviction? Yes, I did believe so.

Our very fiber of American (I know you are not American) justice is to assume a man is innocent until proven guilty.

High Desert MTBer
    Our very fiber of American (I know you are not American) justice is to assume a man is innocent until proven guilty.
    Not limited to 'American Justice', same holds for many other places. UK & Oz being 2.

The fact of the matter in all of this is that Lance Armstrong is a cheat and has been for many years. How anyone can try and justify cheating in any way beggars belief and makes me sad that it is acceptable in some peoples' eyes. It will be interesting to see how people wriggle out of this now he has 'fessed up officially.
    It's all Here. Now.

Ugly As F*ck
    Turns out it was just a typo. LIE STRONG. That's what the bracelets meant to say. Not his fault.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by rockerc View Post
    Not limited to 'American Justice', same holds for many other places. UK & Oz being 2.

The fact of the matter in all of this is that Lance Armstrong is a cheat and has been for many years. How anyone can try and justify cheating in any way beggars belief and makes me sad that it is acceptable in some peoples' eyes. It will be interesting to see how people wriggle out of this now he has 'fessed up officially.
    Again, I don't think so many people think it is OK to cheat just understand why he did.
    It goes back to something I asked earlier.

If you busted your ass your whole life to get to the top and realized that you kept falling short because the guys on top were doping, what would you do? Would you chose to stay clean knowing you would never beat the dopers and just fade away losing potentially millions of dollars or do you throw your hat in the ring, do what the guys that are beating you are doing and hope to not get caught.

I believe most people here are good people and would like to believe that under all adversity they would always do the right thing no matter what the consequences are. However, I think that many of us if faced with that adversity would be surprised on what we would do to get on the top.

mtbr member
    Educational hijack:

I bet you anything that this whole Armstrong sage will be used as real life example printed in post secondary education ethic course textbooks in a few years (much like West Jet is used in organizational behavior and accounting courses, and Enron and Worldcom is used in audit courses).

Cow Clicker
    Again, I don't think so many people think it is OK to cheat just understand why he did.

If you busted your ass your whole life to get to the top and realized that you kept falling short because the guys on top were doping, what would you do? Would you chose to stay clean knowing you would never beat the dopers and just fade away losing potentially millions of dollars or do you throw your hat in the ring, do what the guys that are beating you are doing and hope to not get caught.

I believe most people here are good people and would like to believe that under all adversity they would always do the right thing no matter what the consequences are. However, I think that many of us if faced with that adversity would be surprised on what we would do to get on the top.
    A lot of the guys on Wall Street feel the same way. Let's have sympathy for them too and be okay with them cheating.
    No, YOU don't understand. You're making an ass of yourself for all of eternity.

IllumaDucati
    Oprah says Lance Armstrong 'did not come clean' like she thought he would

Oprah Winfrey said Lance Armstrong, who she said confessed to her that he used performe-enhancing drugs during his string of Tour de France victories, did 'not come clean in the manner' she expected, Reuters reported.

Winfrey went on to say that she would leave it to others to decided if the former champion was contrite during the interview that was taped on Monday, but she did call him thoughtful and serious.

Full article

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmac View Post
    A lot of the guys on Wall Street feel the same way. Let's have sympathy for them too and be okay with them cheating.
    I see no comparison in that stretch.

The exchange affects an entire worlds economy to some degree.
    The TDF affects the TDF.

Kind of like comparing a guy who shoplifts a few groceries to feed his family because he was laid off his job to a guy who mugs little old ladies because he is too lazy to get a job.
    Sure, they are both stealing but I find it easier to understand and show sympathy too.

As far as LA goes, I could care less if you show him sympathy and I am sure he could care less too. I just understand why he did what he did.

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast