2006 Yeti AS-X

Lake Leatherwood Trail Vids

First in two part series of the Lake Leatherwood trail series located in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Wonderful and scenic riding... Highly recommended if you are in the area.

I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Very Nice video, cool view from the front end showing how the suspension works. Looking forward to going up there to ride when my bike gets out of the shop, its about 2 hrs north of me.

one sick puppy
    I've ridden Lake Leatherwood 5 times and really enoyed it each time. My favorite section is coming down and weaving back and forth through that little creek. thanks for the video.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I live 4 hours north of there in the Kansas City area, I have been mountain biking since 2006 and for the life of me can't figure out why it took me so long to go down there to ride. I do plan to do more frequent trips down there now that I have experienced the awesomeness of those trails.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member
    Do you use 3 different cameras or just change the location of one?

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragos View Post
    Do you use 3 different cameras or just change the location of one?

I use three cameras -

Rear View - GoPro Hero HD
    Front Fork - GoPro Hero 2
    Chest - GoPro Hero 3 Black

If I had more time to spare, I would have used a Sony DSC-HX9V to record 1080/60fps external shots but maybe next time.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    The second of the Lake Leatherwood series...

This happens to be my favorite trail of the Leatherwood system... Miner's Rock.

You start out with a 2 1/2 mile gut buster of a climb, the views from the top are sweet especially looking back down when you get to the powerlines, makes you smack your head at how much you climbed.

Then, the trail goes in a much more satisfactory direction --- down!

When I got to the bottom, wasn't much I could put in words at how awesome the descent was....the trails in that area are full of loose rocks which is great for all weather riding - the only thing is you want to go fast but also praying the bike stays vertical at the same time. That thought of the bike sliding out from under you lingers in the back of your mind....amazing experience!

pin it
    It's nice to see diverseness and similarities in trails and landscapes compared to my local trails, Thanks for sharing your ride video and ride report from your neck of the woods

I like that bridge in the first video
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

one sick puppy
    That bridge is a dam and in the middle when you look down the one side, it's pretty high. I'm afraid of heights so I did a lot of whimpering when crossing that thing.
    Saddle up, Effendi. We ride.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Lake Leatherwood Trail Vids

Nice! Phat Tire is having a big to-do there all weekend. Lots of races and other events going on.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I want to try to get down there one more time before summer ends. On a better note, since it is not far from KC, makes for great winter rides when our trails are goo. The trails there are rocky so aren't as affected by the freeze/thaw monster like ours are.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PUH POW! View Post
    Nice! Phat Tire is having a big to-do there all weekend. Lots of races and other events going on.
    miner's rock climb was a blast - it is the 7 switchback climb that's followed by that leg/lung buster loose dbl track that makes you suffer!