Awesomist™

Kokopelli Trail Challenge - Trips for Kids Denver Benefit Ride [XPOST for a cause]

Hey ya'll, I posted this in the Colorado Front Range forum, but if you guys don't mind I'd like to post it here as well as it's for a great cause, etc. If anyone has a problem with it, I'd appreciate you letting me know via PM instead of negging up my rep, and I can take it down if it's inappropriate. I don't post in Passion too much but have a few TR's in here. And in my eyes, what is below isn't OT but rather a simple mountain bike related request from someone who is a pretty regular forum member here on MTBR. That would be me, FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by Full Trucker View Post
    As some of you MIGHT know, my ladyfriend aka Traveling Companion™ aka the LBG has been volunteering with Trips for Kids Denver/Boulder as a ride leader for 5+ years now. Some of you might be familiar with TFKD/B through their involvement with Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day. The group is great, and takes underserved youth (often troubled and less fortunate kids from rehab and/or juvenile detention facilities) out in the mountains on single- or multi-day mountain biking and camping trips. TFKD/B also runs the "EARN A BIKE PROGRAM" which focuses on teaching kids bike maintenance while promoting safe urban cycling. It's a great program run mostly by a volunteer staff, and they certainly could use all the help they can get. Which is where this comes in...

Steph and I are participating in and asking for your support and donations for the Trips For Kids Denver/Boulder Kokopelli Pledge Ride—an Epic three-day mountain bike adventure from Fruita, CO to Moab, UT. Each day of the "TFK Kokopelli Challenge Ride" is its own epic ride, testing the endurance of our adult supporters in the same way Trips For Kids programs challenge Denver and Boulder's underserved youth. The weekend of riding and camping promises to be a fun, positive, and personally motivating experience for both Steph and Evan. Proceeds from this pledge ride benefit TFKD/B's cycling based programs that build the health and boost the confidence of over 1,000 underserved youth each year. Basically, this is a similar deal to rides like the MS150, Ride for the Cure, or Ride for the Roses but with a very localized focus, making an immediate impact here in Colorado by getting kids out on bikes.

Please consider helping TFKD/B bring our passion for mountain biking to kids who would otherwise not have the opportunity to experience it by donating to our ride! I've peppered this post with a bunch of links that have more info on the program and the ride itself, but if you be so kind as to donate, the only link you need to follow is this one:

https://www.coloradogives.org/StephAndEvanKoko2013

Cheers!
    The older I get, the faster I was.

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    Monday bump for a good cause.

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    I am pleased to report that as of this morning, we have 100% of the minimum donations required of us, with more promised and on the way. We're going to raise our goal this afternoon, and see how much moolah we can get donated for this awesome organization. It really is a great group of folks, and there's likely a chapter in your area so if you can't donate, please check out the website and see if you can donate some time or money to a local-to-you chapter:

Trips For Kids - Home

Thanks for looking, and if you have a bit of cash to throw our way that would be awesome. Just think, a couple weeks worth of coffee money could make a HUGE difference in the life of an under-privileged kid.

Punch it, Chewie.

Awesomist™
    QUICK UPDATE!

Hello PASSION forum... as I mentioned in the post above, we hit our minimum pledge goal. STOKED! We couldn't have done it without the support of our friends and family and we're excited to make the minimum. As such, we decided to DOUBLE the goal, and hopefully hit that before we head out on May 16th. Yeah that's right... DOUBLE DOWN BISHES. I'm hoping to see AT LEAST ONE donation come out of this Passion forum... this is a great cause that directly helps to GET KIDS ON BIKES, what better cause could go in the Passion forum? Anycrap, I've also gotten a few questions about the Kokopelli Challenge Ride that I'd like to address here, for clarity:

1. There won't be any kids on this ride. The ride is for adult supporters of Trips For Kids, and is a way for us to raise money for the programs that Trips For Kids offers to under-served youth in the Denver/Boulder area.
    2. My girlfriend has been volunteering with TFKD/B for 5 summers now, and loves it.
    3. All of your donations go directly to the TFKD/B organization.
    4. TFKD/B is providing us with support for the Kokopelli ride, but from what I understand your donations still go to the organization and the programs it offers to the kids.
    5. If you would rather send in a check instead of a using a credit card online, the address is below. Please reference "Evan and Steph" on the check so they know to add it to our total. Again, we don't get any of this money but it'll be awesome to know how much we raised!

Trips for Kids Denver
    3150 W. Jewell Ave.
    Denver, CO 80219

If you haven't donated but were/are considering it, please take a few minutes to click the link below and give a few bucks to a great cause. $1, $5, whatever, it all helps this great organization. Heck, if you don't want to donate to OUR particular ride, DONATE SOME TIME OR MONEY TO THE TRIPS FOR KIDS CHAPTER THAT IS LOCAL TO YOU. For more information about the ride, Trips For Kids, etc. you can visit our donation page at:

https://www.coloradogives.org/StephAndEvanKoko2013

Thanks again and cheers!
    Evan & Steph
    a.k.a. Full Trucker and his Traveling Companion™

Punch it, Chewie.