Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Know your roots....

6K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  HAL 9000 
#1 ·
#12 ·
This is a 1975 Huffy Thunder Road 4 and very similar to my very first bike. I had the yellow bannana seat ape hanger bars version of this bike which was later repainted white and outfitted with an Evil Knievel bmx kit, numberplate, fenders, etc, new bars, new seat. More or less though, this was my first bike.

#17 ·
Thank you for posting this....It was my first bike too, I could not remember who made it. My kids are gonna get a kick out of this, lol.

Great vid, by the way, brings back memories...I had a Race Inc, instead of a Mongoose though. Anyone remember "Harry Larry" on DB's?

#15 ·
This is me back in the day on a self made ramp. I spent all my money on the bike so I didn't buy the "Super Jump" ramp as found in the pages of BMX Plus. I liked mine cuz it was bigger :p

It had red Takagi alloy cranks, (file sharpened) Bear Traps and molded AME grips. I built it piece by piece.

Once I got a drivers license, I sold the bike for $50 :madman:

Now I feel old :smallviolin:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.