desert dweller

Kickin' it with the Kid

Our lovely weather had returned and having a few Holiday Days to play I took my 8 year old daughter for a ride in Boulder City (home of the famous Bootleg Canyon). Anyway, we didn't ride Bootled this time, instead we road the RailRoad Tunnel trail. The tunnels were created for a spur line to bring supplies in for the building of the Hoover Dam. Now, it has been convert to a trail and eventually it will be open all the way to the dam itself once the Park Service removes some storage facilities.

It is only 2.5 miles each way and almost completely flat -- but fun for the kids. Last time I took my daughter we watched a prarie falcon playing in the cliff above us. Yesterday, only sight seeing helicopters were visible in the sky above.

It's funny how competitive 8 year old girls can be. I asked if she wanted me to get a photo of the helicopters flying overhead -- she said yes and as I got the camera out she took off down the trail. When she came back she informed me that she rode farther than me.

mbb
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Cool pics, its great to ride with your kid(s).

ride hard take risks
    Awsome!! she is going to need some pads prety soon, looks mighty fast .

Currently in Exile

Looks like fun!

Don't forget the ice cream!
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea

Occidental Tourist
    nice job dad.
    always makes my day to see parents and kids and bikes.
    keep up the good work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    This is just need to know information: Am i supposed to enjoy the irony or pity the sincerity?

desert dweller
    It's fun taking her riding with me. She does give up too quickly when the trail gets bumpy though. She'll get it.

Does anyone know if Trek makes an axle adapter for their old kid trailers? Out trailer won't fit either of my mountain bikes (one has elevated stays and the other has disk brakes). My three-year old was very sad that she couldn't go with us.

mbb