mtbr member

Just get out and ride!!!

So today I woke up a little down, was feeling the effects of thinking tomorrow is Monday and I really didn't do much this weekend. Also the weather was not the best. I think most of all I'm just a little home sick, I miss my riding buddies back home and my new riding buddies around here all live about an hour away each so its a little hard to get motivated to ride solo. Don't get me wrong a ride is always better than no ride but today in particular I was just feeling the blues. Well about 1 o'clock comes around and I'm just about to lose it, I take my dog for a walk and that does nothing besides give him a little excercise, I turn on the TV but everything was just not interesting. So I get online and I go to my go to MTBR and I I started lusting for the sweet feeling of singletrack under me after seeing all of the pictures under Passion and Nor-Cal so I decided that the only thing that would elevate my mood in any way would be to go out. Still feeling kinda down and thinking, "well this ride is going to be short, I'm going to be worn out and I'm just not going to make it that far." I get to Skyline park in Napa and little did I know I was going to have one of the best rides in a long time! I cleared sections I never clear, I climb everything in sight without dropping a foot, I hit all of the descents with confidence and I just fly through them! Everyone on the trail is great and smiling so naturally it just rubbed off on me. My day is way way better than if I wouldn't have gone out riding! I was rewarded with fun, a workout, friendly people, nature, and great views! Thank you MTBR for giving me the little push to get out and ride! My whole point of this is that even if you are just down and not feeling pretty much anything, just get out and ride, you'll be surprised how good you feel during and afterwards. I wish you all a great remainder of your weekend and a great coming week! Stay safe out there and be kind to the mountain as the mountain has been kind to you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Just get out and ride!!!-self-pics-1-2-016.jpg  

mtbr member
    Nicely done getting out there!

I often find if I don't make the ride a priority by getting all my stuff ready the night before, time often slips away the next day and I find myself with little or no time left to ride when I'm finally ready to head out. Its surprising how much being ready to load up and drive away helps prod me out the door, and its pretty much the only way I can ever ride after work - getting stuff together in the morning before work just doesn't happen for me.

On days when I don't end up making it out, it really bugs me knowing I wasted the day away when I could have been out on the trail having fun. If I actually got some useful stuff done it wouldn't be so annoying. But that usually doesn't seem to happen.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Heck yeah bro....Riding always puts me in a better mood! Took today off but will be hitting hard tomorrow after work Happy Trails
    SWING YOUR LEG OVER IT AND PEDAL

mtbr member
    Great post! Makes me motivated just reading it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Good work! Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Same here, riding clears my mind and makes me happy, I could be in the worse mood but go riding and then I am all happy again.

mtbr member
    Monday afternoon over here..... well your post motivated me to go out riding once I get home!

PRETENDURO
    Two fellow racers on my XC racing team are named Marco– clearly it’s not a name reserved for slow, sedentary people. Just throwing that idea out there…
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Man this has happened to me a lot. Both the OP and about getting stuff ready the night before. I could not agree with guys more! Marco and Evdog I completely agree!