Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Jim Thorpe Roll Call for MBW

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  ol-crank® 
#1 ·
Okay, I said I would post something to try to organize all the Passionites heading to Jim Thorpe for MBW so here you go.

Please indicate handle, name and campsite so we can get organized or at least cruise by and say hello. I'm suggesting that anyone who wants to do a group ride meet at site 4 at 10 am on Saturday.

Rev Bubba - Site 4 (Bob Veit) - I'm actually staying at the Inn at Jim Thorpe but I hang around with the parolees from Baltimore
TurboB!tch - Site 4 (Sandy Veit) See above. She keeps me honest
BikeBreath - Site 4 (Doug Hansen) He is a parolee. No one keeps him honest.

By the way, Site 4 belongs to BB and company, not me, so I hope they will not be offended by my using it as a meeting place but I couldn't think of another location.

Your turn........
REV

#2 ·
I don't think offended is the right word. I would never be offended if you have invited all the people in the world to meet at site 4. I might be angry. I might be a bit scared that the entire world knows where I'll be on Saturday at 10AM. But I've made it this far without having an ax murderer at my door, so I guess I'll dodge this bullet too.

Saturday at 10 is a good time. I think I'll have had all the social obligations taken care of by then.

Should I jinx the weather by talking about it...?

Bb, [ I'll be there if it isn't forecast to rain for 3 days.]

#3 ·
Oh, Hell, I'll Jinx it.....

The weather forecast for that area of PA on Saturday is down right nice. Low 80's and sun shine. That, of course, will change.

I figured that there weren't that many people who rode together last year and, for the most part, they seemed civilized, so I took a chance on your campsite. The veranda at the Inn would have been nice but out of the way.

See you there and you never answered my question. What is Jane's husbands name. I keep forgetting that.

#7 ·
bikebreath said:
I've made it this far without having an ax murderer at my door, so I guess I'll dodge this bullet too.

Bb,
"there's nothing strange about
a blood-stained ax in the barn,
there's always a little killin'
to do around the farm"

- Tom Waits.

:eek:

Kn.

#8 ·
AAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I better watch my back, eh?

Heh, heh, heh...

And about you "signature closing line". I was for the war. I was behind the
Pres. I believed it was necessary and would be fast and be accepted by the Iraqis. Turns out I was lied too. Now what do I do...besides being pissed off?
[The previous question was rhetorical and I will not accept anyones answers
nor will I respond.]

Bb, [ Tom Waits RULES! ]

#11 ·
Plenty still open.....

The ridges on both side of Mauch Chunk Lake are still open so you have Galans, Coal Crusher, Lion's Den, Rim Ride, the Switchback and just about everything in between. Basically what you can get to easily from the park is still available.

Heading away from the park (west I think, but in the opposite direction of the town of Jim Thorpe) there are new trails that are about a 10 minute drive. I suppose you can ride your bike there if you have the time. I plan to try them with my wife on Friday. I'm not sure if they match the classic rocks, roots and climbs that JT is known for but they are something else to try. There is an XC race their on the Sunday of MBW.

American Standard is closed but I hear people continue to ride it anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.