The Riddler

Its a Love Hate thing...

Saw this topic on another forum:

I hate people who think biking is for pussies, other bikers who think racing is gay, those that call the world champ's rainbow gay, riding at night, having no one to talk about hill reps with, mechanicals, pine needles, having no one to discuss the proper air inflation of a SID team with, the wind, posers, the fact that no one really understands.

I love XTR discs, bar ends, chicks on wheels, mavic crossmaxes, training by myself, racing against hordes of other people, passing on singletrack, 2hr climbs, water, my training bible, my titus riddler, the suffering, the nervousness, starting to get hypothermia 35 miles into a century in the middle of nowhere on a 40mph downhill in the fog and rain -- and thinking death is only one turn away -- and then getting back to the car and laughing your ass off for being such a *****, burning the last lap passing those that are burnt out, suffering on my trainer, hardpack, the CO trail, smiling as i turn the cranks of my bike on the repair stand, cleaning my bike, getting frowned at the bike shop for being a ridicoulsy bad mechanic, abusing my road bike, seeing lance armstrong kick ass, take names and not give a damn, but most of all i just love the trail, whatever shape it has taken and whatever shape it will take.

Gravity Rides Everything
    hey man! riding at night is pretty cool

stickinmyderailer
    i also ride at night whats wrong w/ that

mtbr member

Love/Hate

If you hate night riding try doing it by moonlight (without lights). It's a great teacher of balance and reading the trail.

Gravity Rides Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    If you hate night riding try doing it by moonlight (without lights). It's a great teacher of balance and reading the trail.

probably get some cool scars out of the deal too. and we all know: chicks dig scars