A wheelist

It's Dalerider day.

Here at MTBR Passion, every January 14th since 2000, it has been Dalerider Day. That's when Passion's most passionate poster Dalerider 1, aka Chris Cannon, passed away doing what made him very happy - riding his bike. He was a great husband, father, friend and he loved riding his bike more than anyone I know or ever knew. He wasn't fast but he was certainly passionate and those of us who knew him and rode with him will agree. He was very special.

You can find him HERE on my tribute page along with lots of his friends, family, poems and stories.

Ride on DR1.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    A man with a huge smile, which I'm sure matched the size of his heart. An inspiration to us all.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    I wish I could have met him. I remember being somewhat jealous I didn't have such a big happy group of folks to ride with...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan View Post
    I wish I could have met him. I remember being somewhat jealous I didn't have such a big happy group of folks to ride with...
    Me too.

Dirt Junkie
    Seriously fourteen years? Wow. Never met him. Saw his posts. Wealth of knowledge and encouragement for everyone. Seemed a really good guy.
    How can anyone who's been riding as long as I have, be so slow???

Orb
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Fourteen years, and it's a rare ride that passes that he doesn't cross my mind at least once. A giant among men, both literally and figuratively. Chris, you are missed.
    The old-timer formerly known as "Roß".

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by Orb View Post
    Fourteen years, and it's a rare ride that passes that he doesn't cross my mind at least once. A giant among men, both literally and figuratively. Chris, you are missed.
    I mentally take him with me on many rides to help me out. He's strong but he doesn't have much stamina.
    Mike The Bike's home wheelbuilding info - dedicated to providing Newby wheelbuilder information and motivation.

Metalheadbikerider
    I haven't been on the Passion board in a LOOOOONG time, and decided to scroll looking for familiar "faces" and came across this post. I can't believe it has been 14 years. Anyway, hope all of the old-schoolers around are doing well and Ride On Dalerider.

FA
    Support mtb'ing in the Portland area, join NWTA with your dollars, hands, and/or voice. nw-trail.org

beer thief
    Bump for a great guy. I don't stop in here often since the regional forums split things apart but it's always good to see your name, Mike.

RIP Chris

Best wishes.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator

It's Dalerider day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike T. View Post
    I mentally take him with me on many rides to help me out. He's strong but he doesn't have much stamina.
    Passion can help take you to many places.

I hope I go out doing what I love.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

A wheelist
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy View Post
    Passion can help take you to many places.
    I hope I go out doing what I love.
    These two comments ^^