Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    mtbr member
    RIGHT ON!!!

I am working in Omaha, NE for a few months and love the riding in the mid-west. I hate it when people compare rides here to rides, say in Moab, UT or the Rockies. I have yet to go on a single Mt. Bike ride and not like it. If anyone out there has been on a ride they didn't like... then your riding for the wrong reasons.

The music put to your video was great....up-beat, fun.... just the kind of music I like to listen to on my rides. Keep em coming.

mtbr member

Good job! Super Flow Monster Ride...........................

Been ridin' rocks too long in Pennsylvania.... Wow, forgot what it was like to ride stuff like that! Reminds me of Angel Mounds along the Ohio in Evansville, Indiana! Thanks for the flashback.

horizontally compliant
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    I enjoyed it, great flow and music too. One small request, could you double the bit rate? That video is too good to suffer pixel smudge.
    Higher bit rate is here (53 MB). Thanks for giving me a reason to figure out how to tweak windows movie maker.
    Last edited by Simpleton; 10-31-2005 at 05:08 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Can't wait to ride it again

Great vid Man. I'm looking forward to heading over/down/up/back your way this spring.

mtbr member

I suppose there's a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    [TANGENT] Let's discuss Brown's Woods. I went to school there (UOMHS, now DMU) from '94-'98 and rode Brown's regularly. That was a nice in-town gem, and I wouldn't mind riding midwest woods like that again. It got posted off-limits in '96 if I recall, and after that we were limited to the fishermens' paths near the river, the trails behind the Science Center, or would have to drive either to Lake Ahquabi or Sugarbottom. Any chance we rode together? [/TANGENT]
    I was at Drake from 92-96. I used to ride behind the Science Center too but back then there wasn't much there. Brown's really was a gem...I was back the yeat after I graduated and bought a bike from Rasmussen's Bike Shop in the Brown's Woods neighborhood and I remember them saying that it had closed and was off limits to bikes. I was bummed!

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    I was at Drake from 92-96. I used to ride behind the Science Center too but back then there wasn't much there. Brown's really was a gem...I was back the yeat after I graduated and bought a bike from Rasmussen's Bike Shop in the Brown's Woods neighborhood and I remember them saying that it had closed and was off limits to bikes. I was bummed!
    There was some riding around that reservoir north of the city. Did you check that out? It was a 10 mile ride up the path I think, before you'd get to singletrack. The whole time I was there, I'd only seen a couple of dozen mtb'ers or so. I don't think it was a very big community at the time. In hindsight I wish I'd had a road bike or 'cross bike to hit the farm roads and dirt roads.

What kind of bike did you ride back then? I had a polished silver Manitou FS and then a polished silver AMP Research B4.

mtbr member

Bike path...

There was some riding around that reservoir north of the city. Did you check that out? It was a 10 mile ride up the path I think, before you'd get to singletrack. The whole time I was there, I'd only seen a couple of dozen mtb'ers or so. I don't think it was a very big community at the time. In hindsight I wish I'd had a road bike or 'cross bike to hit the farm roads and dirt roads.

What kind of bike did you ride back then? I had a polished silver Manitou FS and then a polished silver AMP Research B4.
    I did do some "road" riding up the bike path towards the reservoir once in awhile. I was riding a 1993 blue/black splatter paint GT Karakoram that may or may not have had a Manitou 4 on it, depending on what year it was.

Nat
    Solo contendre
    Quote Originally Posted by Nater
    I did do some "road" riding up the bike path towards the reservoir once in awhile. I was riding a 1993 blue/black splatter paint GT Karakoram that may or may not have had a Manitou 4 on it, depending on what year it was.
    Are you the guy who had the purple wheels with the titanium spokes on that GT?

mtbr member

Nope...

Are you the guy who had the purple wheels with the titanium spokes on that GT?
    I had pretty much the stock set-up on that bike except for the fork. The chronic need to upgraded hadn't hit me yet at that point and it's a good thing that it didn't...I didn't have the money.

Floater

Wow

I can't believe I waited a whole week to check out your video. Great Job! I looking forward to your next one.

smw
    pedal pusher
    Nice video, thanks for sharing the ride, it was fun.
    Sean

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2