View Poll Results: if you work alot and have a family, how many days a week do you ride?

Voters
132. You may not vote on this poll

2 1.52%

2 1.52%

12 9.09%

10 7.58%

34 25.76%

49 37.12%

23 17.42%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2013

if you work alot and have a family, how many days a week do you ride?

Inquiring minds (me) want to know

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Ive got 3 kids under 3 (twins that are almost three and a 1 month old). I ride once a week typically in the afternoon after work or on a weekend when they are down for nap. Luckily we have a lot of family around that can pick the twins up from daycare right now so I can ride. Also got a lot of other hobbies to fit in. Speaking of which, hunting season is right around the corner and I havent even shot my Bow this year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

if you work alot and have a family, how many days a week do you ride?

I have 11 year old twins and work a lot but get 3 rides a week in. Wednesday evening straight from work, Friday, and Sunday. Sunday is the only day I get grief from the kids about.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013

Re: if you work alot and have a family, how many days a week do you ride?

I have a 10 month old I go about once a week if im lucky

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    7 year old and 11 year old

Once a week after work, once during the weekend

Having an exercise bike at home to ride at night to pick up a 3rd or 4th weekly simulated ride or for bad weather is a huge benefit you might want to consider.

mtbr member
    I ride five or six times a week but I do four of those rides at 6:00 AM before work and before anything happens at my house. My wife is really good to get breakfast going etc so I can do that. Although during the school year I fix breakfast (we eat at 6:15am) then I take my son to his early morning seminary class then ride for about an hour before work.

Just have one kid at home now and he's in high school so kid obligations are greatly diminished.... but I did pretty much the same routine when I had four kids at home.

Gnarly
    No kids at home but I work long hours (plus commute to work) so mid week rides are rare

2 and sometimes 3 days per week
    F*ck Cancer

Eat your veggies

EMBA Member
    My spouse and my 14 year old understand it is better for everyone if I get my rides in, and I really enjoy winter night riding, so it's 3-4 days a week pretty much year round.

mtbr member
    Married with two. I can sneak in a rice or two.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    .3 I don't get out every week at this point, mainly due to health reasons. Its been 8 weeks since my ass touched saddle. I hate it.

thecentralscrutinizer
    I have one kid and work fulltime. Fortunately, my boss is cool and I ride during lunch a few times a week for an hour, then longer rides on the weekend.
    2015 Kona JTS
    2014 Giant Anthem 27.5
    2013 DeVinci Leo SL
    2009 SE Racing SoCal Flyer
    2008 SE lil Ripper
    2003 TiSport Gman

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    My routine mirrors cyclelicious', except I only get to ride half as much due to splitting time with my other sport for which I have passion.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Kids are grown, wife understands the need to let the stress of work out. I ride 5 to 6 times a week. Some trails, some roads.

It's a NEED!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Have a 3yo and 8mo at home, and feel good about being able to get out 2 times a week, sometimes only once. But I do get very crabby if I don't get rid of some of my energy on a bike.

mtbr member
    9, 5 & 2, holidays I'll ride almost every day... spring/summer - Friday & Sunday - ride w/ kids on a Saturday... Winter - once a fortnight...
    to err is human... to face plant is frickin hilarious!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    kids 2 & 7 and work for myself. get on a bike about 3 times a week, mostly by commuting to one of my clients sites. Get on dirt only about every other week.

mtbr member
    Once during the week(or twice if I'm lucky). Once on the weekend. And Fridays I take my two little girls (2 and 4) home on the Chariot/Weehoo.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Married and two kids, but kids are getting older. I work 50 hours a week, ride both of my days off, but try to ride early in the am, then get home and have the rest of the day with the Family. Then after work, I will ride a short loop near my home and get in 6-7 miles, usually at a full sprint pace. The short rides still help with my fitness, then the days off are more Mountain riding. I average about 35 miles a week riding, and at 52 years old, have not been in this shape since before I was 30. I average 4 rides a week.

mtbr member
    I have two kids, one graduated and one just starting high school. I work long hours and train BJJ during lunch breaks and 4 evenings a week. I mainly ride at daylight before work and one early morning on the weekends for a few hours. About once a month I take a half day ride on a longer trail when possible. I am fortunate that my office is about a mile from some great single track.

CDK
    mtbr member
    I'm a single dad with a 4 year old that lives with me sun morning - Thursday night and I work the time she is with her mom. Literally the whole 2 1/2 days I work. It may seem like not a lot because its not 5-7 days a week but I put in a ridiculous amount of hours.. I decided over a year ago to park my cars and haven't touched them since. That said I ride at leased 5 days a week mostly road but also some light trails that my kiddo can do. "real" mountain biking doesn't happen much at all for me any more. I am lucky my daughter is awesome and will ride 13 miles with me at 4 and is getting better every day.
    Shes pretty rad. Even got her some lights for night riding the canal and parks
    if you work alot and have a family, how many days a week do you ride?-night-bikes2.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Twin 7 month old girls, small business owner, and I have a Cane Corso that needs to hit 1 good hike a week. I usually get out 1-2x/week for a ride. Night riding is my best friend now I go out after the kids go down.

I lose sleep when I ride but if you love something you will find a way.

mtbr member
    1 kiddo/small family business- 2 days sometimes 3. usually sat/sun dawn patrol rides with sunday split for trail work then ride
    i'm on my Last Herb
    RestInPeace Hook

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Is there an option for zero? Nowadays I am lucky just to log into this forum a few times a week to live vicariously through everyone else

mtbr member
    2 little squirts, 1 awesome wife (3 jobs), and 90+ hours of working in a 7 day time period. Fireman with a part-time job and a screen printing business that will hopefully replace the PT job one day.

In a month, I average probably 5 rides.

I mean this with all sincerity--
    I truly feel lucky to be able to ride as much as I do!!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    commute to work and mountain bike after so I selected 7 days even if it is only for 2o minutes one of the days. I have a GF and a dog, all the family I need.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast