mtbr member

I think I can control the weather

Maybe it's a superpower gained from a radioactive spider bite. Maybe I was secretly injected with Super Soldier Serum when I was in the Army. But somehow I seem to have gained the ability to control the weather. Here is the data:

When I moved back to Atlanta several years ago, Atlanta's rainfall was consistently near the average. I decided to start whitewater kayaking.

- The year I started whitewater kayaking, was the start of the most severe drought in history. The Southeastern rivers were un-runable due to lack of water.
    - I got tired of depending on rain for recreation so I quit kayaking. Rainfall returned to normal.
    - Rainfall remained normal for several years when I was idle.
    - In October 2012, I started mountain biking again. Rainfall has been about double the average since then, closing the local trails.
    - I've had four consecutive days off exactly twice since October. Those days were December 22-25 and July 4-7. In the last year, the local trails have only been closed for four consecutive days twice. The two times when the trails have all been closed in the last year? December 22-25 and July 4-7.

Weathernator?
    Captain Weather?
    WeaThor?

Oh, and F the weather.
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

The White Jeff W

Re: I think I can control the weather

...and keep your rain to yourself. Our weather here in Pittsburgh usually comes from the West. The last two weeks its come up from the south and rained pretty much every day.
    No moss...

mtbr member
    I live in south metro atlanta...thanks a lot! Go back to kayaking, please!
    "Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9

Rogue Exterminator
    You are way to close to Western NC and your storm cells usually affect us.
    Please stop mountain biking immediately or move further away.

Thank you
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

mtbr member
    Stay the hell away from West Virginia. We're having enough problems with shitty weather without your help :P

It's rained probably 25 out of the last 30 days and this week it's calling for rain 6 days out of 7. In fact, we're having a major downpour/thunderstorm as I type. Figures I get serious about riding and things go to hell.

mtbr member
    Your resistance is futile. No one can escape WeaThor!

*cue lightning strike and thunder clap*
    I live with fear and danger every day. And on the weekends she lets me go mountain biking.

Rogue Exterminator
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinGT View Post

The west coast called, they need your services. Please report immediately.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Subscribed to this thread. Mainly for when you announce the seminar dates. With great power comes great responsibility. Spiderman's uncle said something like that...
    Re-Cycled Person who rides a mountain bicycle.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlued View Post
    The west coast called, they need your services. Please report immediately.
    That implies I've committed to using my powers for good...

Mwahahahahah...

Ugly As F*ck
    Just move to the PNW. They get to ride in the rain, and it rains consistently enough there that you might even be able to kayak on the trails.

Rogue Exterminator
    So what is rains "kryptonite"?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    You must be commuting to Tampa because everyday it rains from 1-7pm which is when everyone can but cant ride!

mtbr member

I think I can control the weather

Have you considered taking up a weather-neutral pastime? Say....bowling?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    There's at least 2 of us with similar capabilities It feels like I'm having very similar powers, that's why I pick more then just one sport... best one is ice hockey which is played indoors so my powers can't destroy those sessions... unless there comes to so much snow/rain that hall collapses.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    We live in Barrow County and ride Harbins and Yargo a lot. Can definitely relate. So get that Kayak out of the garage PLEASE.

It won't let me give you any more rep, so I hereby take back all the other rep I've ever given you and honorarily bestow it all upon this post .

Afric Pepperbird
    Maybe it's a superpower gained from a radioactive spider bite. Maybe I was secretly injected with Super Soldier Serum when I was in the Army. But somehow I seem to have gained the ability to control the weather. Here is the data:

When I moved back to Atlanta several years ago, Atlanta's rainfall was consistently near the average. I decided to start whitewater kayaking.

- The year I started whitewater kayaking, was the start of the most severe drought in history. The Southeastern rivers were un-runable due to lack of water.
    - I got tired of depending on rain for recreation so I quit kayaking. Rainfall returned to normal.
    - Rainfall remained normal for several years when I was idle.
    - In October 2012, I started mountain biking again. Rainfall has been about double the average since then, closing the local trails.
    - I've had four consecutive days off exactly twice since October. Those days were December 22-25 and July 4-7. In the last year, the local trails have only been closed for four consecutive days twice. The two times when the trails have all been closed in the last year? December 22-25 and July 4-7.

Weathernator?
    Captain Weather?
    WeaThor?

Oh, and F the weather.
    This is just silly!

Spider bites are very rare!

wannabee
    The Southwest US needs you to ride your bike here Kevin.

mtbr member
    I have a similar power. When I wash my truck, it rains the next day. It's a power I think I'd gladly give up for something like making the Skittles rainbow explode from the ground every time I crash my bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Perhaps if you stop rooting for GT in football and start rooting for, say, the Washington Huskies, GT will actually manage to beat UGA for once (that doesn't involve blatant cheating on GT's part).

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanoke4 View Post
    Perhaps if you stop rooting for GT in football and start rooting for, say, the Washington Huskies, GT will actually manage to beat UGA for once (that doesn't involve blatant cheating on GT's part).
    Still bitter about '08? Come on, give us one a decade!

GO JACKETS!

(and I'd gladly switch teams to root for if it weren't for the GT diploma on my wall. I'm kinda locked in)

Big Gulps, Alright!
    I can control the weather too. Whenever I go riding it rains. And when I'm not riding it's pleasant outside.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Need to use reverse psychology - take your bike AND your kayak so the weather cannot effectively ruin your day. If it rains, you can kayak if it doesn't you can bike. Or just join a monastary in Yemen and be a monk.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.