Mootin Around

I need to know........HELP

What is the opinion of anyone who has ridden Crossmax SL rims. Are they worth the cash, or are they junk? I had a pair way back in 98 when they first came out, and they were junk. Spokes kept pulling out of the rim. Maybe they have gotton better. If I don't buy these I'm going to buy a pair of Chris King hubs with Mavix 717 Ceramics.

Any one got feedback?

Thanks

The Duuude, man...
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMoots
    What is the opinion of anyone who has ridden Crossmax SL rims. Are they worth the cash, or are they junk? I had a pair way back in 98 when they first came out, and they were junk. Spokes kept pulling out of the rim. Maybe they have gotton better. If I don't buy these I'm going to buy a pair of Chris King hubs with Mavix 717 Ceramics.

Any one got feedback?

Thanks
    Ford or Chevy?
    Pepsi or Coke?

6 in 1, 1/2 doz the other. Xmax for the cha-ching factor, Kings are a sweeter hub. I've never heard of anyone having trouble with the newer Xmax's...I raced on them since the first year they went tubeless, never had a pair come out of true, and I'm a healthy sized boy at 200+ lbs. Of course I also had a pair of kings to Mavic 618 ceramics and they were perfect as well....

Ridem
    Feb 2004
    I bought a pair of Crossmax SLs in 98 for my (then) brand new YBBeat SuperLight. Those wheels have over 10K trail miles on them and are still flawless - 6 years later. I am a light weight at 135# wet, but these are awesome. I just got a new set of tubeless, disk braked SLs in January (for my new ride) and so far, no problem.