Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roc865 View Post
    That number is going to go through the roof with the tsunami of illegals crossing now.
    More are going to other states now.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    More are going to other states now.
    Eventually they get to states like NY where the government pay is better. Can't say I blame them. The word is out that now is the time with the open border and I would do the same if I could do nothing and milk the government instead of living in a troublesome country with no future.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Eventually they get to states like NY where the government pay is better. Can't say I blame them. The word is out that now is the time with the open border and I would do the same if I could do nothing and milk the government instead of living in a troublesome country with no future.
    They're actually going to the south and Midwest now (for low skilled jobs) ... the rest of the country is getting a taste of what the border states have had to deal with for years. It's good to spread the "wealth".

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    They're actually going to the south and Midwest now (for low skilled jobs) ... the rest of the country is getting a taste of what the border states have had to deal with for years. It's good to spread the "wealth".
    Do you have a radar that tracks illegals? I prefer rc controlled helicopters with infrared cameras to pick up on the illegal hot spots. I've noticed a trend. They go where the pot of gold is.

connisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    Where exactly did you find that information?
    More whacky doodle liberal political spin, a perfect storm of self satisfaction

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Do you have a radar that tracks illegals? I prefer rc controlled helicopters with infrared cameras to pick up on the illegal hot spots. I've noticed a trend. They go where the pot of gold is.
    Drones.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

I love where I live!!!

Hey, get back on topic. OP rules and you suck. Discuss...

CEB
    No horse'n round
    Cul de sac of the state..... San Diego.

Not bad

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CEB View Post

Not bad
    Without a doubt if I had the money, I would be living in San Diego.
    Nothing more to say.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CEB View Post

Not bad
    Some of the best weather in the state. More affordable than the Bay Area to boot.

ILIKEBIKES
    Aug 2009
    I'm in San Diego and loving it. Came out here for boot camp and training and never looked back. I re-enlisted to get sent back out here for instructor training and stayed when I got out of the Navy. Been here nearly 30 years now (holy crap...!) Where else do you get beach, desert and mountains in an hours drive?

-Chad

Readin & Postin since '02
    Jul 2006
    ...They go where the pot is.
    I fixed it for ya! You're welcome.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckha62 View Post
    I fixed it for ya! You're welcome.
    Then CO is the place. In California you need "qualifying medical condition" to get "relief".

Jul 2006
    Nah... I'm referring to the illegal grows around Norcal. When discovered and raided, they're typically tended and guarded by illegals working for the big cartels south of the border.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Nah... I'm referring to the illegal grows around Norcal. When discovered and raided, they're typically tended and guarded by illegals working for the big cartels south of the border.
    Legalization will fix that. It's a huge problem causing environmental damage.

Jul 2006
    Legalization will fix that. It's a huge problem causing environmental damage.
    Somewhat agree... If it's legal here though, it will probably attract more growers from outside. There's no one right answer, unfortunately. As far as use goes... It's less injurious than alcohol.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Somewhat agree... If it's legal here though, it will probably attract more growers from outside. There's no one right answer, unfortunately. As far as use goes... It's less injurious than alcohol.
    Or the opioid "gateway" drugs your friendly neighborhood doctor is paid to push. They're getting lots of people hocked on heroine now.

mtbr member

Re: I love where I live!!!

Or the opioid "gateway" drugs your friendly neighborhood doctor is paid to push. They're getting lots of people hocked on heroine now.
    A majority of doctors are no better than the drug dealers you see on the streets. I read an article stating that more people die from prescription drug overdoses than from heroin and cocaine combined

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    A majority of doctors are no better than the drug dealers you see on the streets. I read an article stating that more people die from prescription drug overdoses than from heroin and cocaine combined
    Well then it must be true, it was on the internet after all!
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    So what you are saying is because prescription medicines area available and prescribed for a specific illness and people ignore how the drugs are to be used or do not secure them and someone else uses them, it is the fault of the doctor?

Yeah, that argument has a lot of logic but like the man said, if it's on the internet, it must be true.

Good lord this thread has degenerated rapidly.

Personally, I don't care where anyone lives which is more to the point of the original post.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Bubba View Post
    So what you are saying is because prescription medicines area available and prescribed for a specific illness and people ignore how the drugs are to be used or do not secure them and someone else uses them, it is the fault of the doctor?

Yeah, that argument has a lot of logic but like the man said, if it's on the internet, it must be true.

Good lord this thread has degenerated rapidly.

Personally, I don't care where anyone lives which is more to the point of the original post.
    Doctors are handing out these prescriptions like candy and making junkies.

I think the point of the thread was that California was the best state in the union, right?

mtbr member
    "Doctors are handing out these prescriptions like candy and making junkies."

Would you please submit the original source for the above statement so I can check it myself?. I would not want to accuse someone of posting opinions disguised as facts if they can supply the original source material.

I trust integrity is not asking too much of someone who posts something on the internet.

Please let me know if wanting to verify a statement is asking too much?

What you post may be entirely accurate and I would consider myself further educated if you would provide what I request or you can indicate that what you said is only your opinion. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Marin County is a great spot to live. Small town atmosphere that is close to a major metropolis for culture, jobs, and expensive meals. Over 55% of the county is protected open space. It sucks for single track riding but it makes it hard for them to patrol everything. The riding is year round and I can get to most local trails within 30 min of road riding. The road riding is world class as well. There's nothing better than turning off your laptop and riding 30-45 minutes and not see a house or person in sight.

A big difference between Marin and a lot of other communities in California is the driving. In the South Bay, San Francisco, LA, or San Diego, you have to drive a lot farther to get to things. It takes 30 min just to drive to a grocery store. It's nuts. Traffic drives me crazy.

Perhaps it's a little expensive but what else are you going to do with a million dollars. You might as well buy a crappy house with it to store your bikes.

The rock climbing in Marin could be a LOT better. It pretty much sucks. When I climbed a lot there was a local gym, Class 5, but that closed and now you have to huff it to the Presidio. Outdoor climbing is limited to Mickey's Beach and Turtle Rock. We can make it to Lover's Leap or Donner in less than 3 hours and Yosemite in 4 1/2. There is no better place to be a climber than Yosemite so I'd call that a huge win for California.

Oh ya, the politics sucks too. Damn yuppies, techies and hippies.

Sorry I interrupted the static and returned to the original topic.

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by NotQuiteClimbing View Post
    The rock climbing in Marin could be a LOT better. It pretty much sucks.
    That's why I chose to live in Bishop, where the climbing is amazing and the mountain biking could be better, although during 5 months of the year I can poach Mammoth after work (40 minutes away).
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

Jul 2006
    I think the point of the thread was that California was the best state in the union, right?
    Who said you could get us back on topic? ...but yeah, I'd agree with that. I'm a tad biased living in Norcal.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast