Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Retro on Steroids
    Quote Originally Posted by roc865 View Post
    Don't worry, it seems everyone is moving to either TX or AZ these days. CA and NY taxes is what's driving them out.
    Good riddance. California and New York, like all the other "blue" states, pay more in taxes than comes back in spending, because liberals like me (Army vet, E-5, Honorable Discharge, and you're welcome, but military service was just my duty as a citizen) have to support the welfare states, i.e. the "red" states, which cost the United States more than the taxes they pay.

I read that Texas governor Rick Perry loves California, and has suggested that he might move there if his political career (HAHAHAHA!) ends. Sure hope not. We try to keep the welfare bums in their home states.

Funny how everyone hates California except the millions of people who want to live there, and except for the happy people like me who already do.
    It don't mean a feng if it ain't got that
    shui.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Most so called "natives" are to light skinned to call themselves a native anyhow. But that's another thread....

Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Then back to Ohio. Us natives need a little room too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakoGT View Post
    Most so called "natives" are to light skinned to call themselves a native anyhow. But that's another thread....
    Even the natives weren't really natives, they walked here a few years before us more recent natives.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    Good riddance. California and New York, like all the other "blue" states, pay more in taxes than comes back in spending, because liberals like me (Army vet, E-5, Honorable Discharge, and you're welcome, but military service was just my duty as a citizen) have to support the welfare states, i.e. the "red" states, which cost the United States more than the taxes they pay.

I read that Texas governor Rick Perry loves California, and has suggested that he might move there if his political career (HAHAHAHA!) ends. Sure hope not. We try to keep the welfare bums in their home states.

Funny how everyone hates California except the millions of people who want to live there, and except for the happy people like me who already do.
    I'd love to live in California but just don't make enough money to support living there.
    San Diego is but a dream.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Even the natives weren't really natives, they walked here a few years before us more recent natives.
    Quite possible, wonder if these "less" recent natives made their way up here by killing anything on their way. Oh wait no, they actually lived in harmony with their surroundings. But again this could be a thread on its self.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlakoGT View Post
    Quite possible, wonder if these "less" recent natives made their way up here by killing anything on their way. Oh wait no, they actually lived in harmony with their surroundings. But again this could be a thread on its self.
    We don't really know, do we? There were a few waves of migrants and one may have killed another group.They wiped out the megafauna that lived here for sure.

mtbr member

Re: I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Repack Rider View Post
    California and New York, like all the other "blue" states, pay more in taxes than comes back in spending, because liberals like me (Army vet, E-5, Honorable Discharge, and you're welcome, but military service was just my duty as a citizen) have to support the welfare states, i.e. the "red" states, which cost the United States more than the taxes they pay.
    Where exactly did you find that information?

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by 8iking VIIking View Post
    Probably the Huffington Post.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    Successful troll is successful.
    Insecurity creates many threads.
    Gone are the days we stopped to decide,
    Where we should go,
    We just ride...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Common knowledge, the red states are the takers and the blue states are typically the donors propping them up. Way more welfare and food stamp use in red states while the liberals work their butts off in the blue states to fund them. Fox News doesn't tend to report this much.

http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...s-fiscal-union

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Common knowledge, the red states are the takers and the blue states are typically the donors propping them up. Way more welfare and food stamp use in red states while the liberals work their butts off in the blue states to fund them. Fox News doesn't tend to report this much.

America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist
    Aint that the truth.

mtbr member

http://www.economist.com/blogs/daily...s-fiscal-union
    It's easy to look at a map like that and reach that conclusion, but I think the reason why some of those states (especially NM) are in the red is because of defense spending. Also farm subsidies are probably a lot of the reason why some of those states are in the negative.

On the other hand, I would venture to guess that there are far more corporate headquarters in states like California, Illinois, and New York, which means more corporate tax revenue.

Food stamps and welfare are probably a drop in the bucket compared to those things.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

It's easy to look at a map like that and reach that conclusion, but I think the reason why some of those states (especially NM) are in the red is because of defense spending. Also farm subsidies are probably a lot of the reason why some of those states are in the negative.

On the other hand, I would venture to guess that there are far more corporate headquarters in states like California, Illinois, and New York, which means more corporate tax revenue.

Food stamps and welfare are probably a drop in the bucket compared to those things.
    New Mexico has some of the poorest people in the country. There are lots of factors at play here, but the net result is blue liberal states are the makers and red poor states the takers. America is full of these contradictions. Just like the Bible Belt has very divorce and teen pregnancy rates compared to us blue state folks.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    The flood gates are open right now and they're all given a briefing to head to NY for the biggest handout, I mean government assistance. If I was crossing the border I'd head to either NY or CA.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roc865 View Post
    The flood gates are open right now and they're all given a briefing to head to NY for the biggest handout, I mean government assistance. If I was crossing the border I'd head to either NY or CA.
    Better get a real job to live in one of those states like the rest of us.

mtbr member

Better get a real job to live in one of those states like the rest of us.
    Cali has the 4th highest unemployment rate in the U.S.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Cali has the 4th highest unemployment rate in the U.S.
    Yet it still helps support the rest of the country.

California is more like two states. The low unemployment productive blue coast where are the brands you know and love are located and the red center where the economy is in shambles and unemployment is close to 20 percent.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I don't live in CA or CO and hope I never do.

I love where I live!!!-ponderosa1.jpgI love where I live!!!-williams1.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlhrd View Post
    I don't live in CA or CO and hope I never do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ponderosa1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	902272Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Williams1.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	101.5 KB 
ID:	902273
    Where is this picture taken?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bwheelin View Post
    Where is this picture taken?
    1st pic was today in McCall, Id. 2nd pic was Saturday, in Stanley, Id.

IMO, 2 of the most beautiful places in the lower 48.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by pdlhrd View Post
    1st pic was today in McCall, Id. 2nd pic was Saturday, in Stanley, Id.

IMO, 2 of the most beautiful places in the lower 48.
    Thanks. Looks really beautiful there. I would love to visit ID some day.
    Seems like a nice not so overpopulated place to live.

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003
    Without California you wouldn't even have mountain biking, the Internet or this forum.
    ???

Do your homework. The German Army had mountain bikes in WW1. Anyone that says mountain biking was invented in California is admitting they are ignorant. The internet is an offshoot of the DOD ARPANET (military contractors, primarily on the east coast), further refined by CERN.
    So many trails... so little time...

Log off and go ride!
    Jul 2003

America's fiscal union: The red and the black | The Economist
    You calling CA a red state?

You are aware, aren't you, that about 1/4 of all welfare recipients (TANF) in the entire United states live in Los Angeles County? LA County Dept of Social Services has about 17,000 welfare eligibility workers, more than the entire welfare caseload in several states.
    So many trails... so little time...

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    You calling CA a red state?

You are aware, aren't you, that about 1/4 of all welfare recipients (TANF) in the entire United states live in Los Angeles County? LA County Dept of Social Services has about 17,000 welfare eligibility workers, more than the entire welfare caseload in several states.
    That number is going to go through the roof with the tsunami of illegals crossing now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dave54 View Post
    ???

Do your homework. The German Army had mountain bikes in WW1. Anyone that says mountain biking was invented in California is admitting they are ignorant. The internet is an offshoot of the DOD ARPANET (military contractors, primarily on the east coast), further refined by CERN.
    Mountain biking became a sport in California even if the bikes were toyed with in other places too (also in the UK). Most of what powers today's Internet was also at least refined in Silicon Valley. Most of the tech brands we use daily are baed in California ... never mind pop culture and entertainment. California has a huge impact on the US.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast