Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Northern California doesn't have the traffic ( except bay area). I live half way between the ocean and Tahoe ( auburn area), good jobs in sacramento and lots of good riding close by.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Love SoCal, all year riding. I live in east side of LA, traffic is way better than westside, and the trails are closer too, and so many good food from all over the world.
    Food wise, I think CA is the best.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unrooted View Post
    Especially when you consider almost half of Colorado is actually more like Nebraska!
    And thankfully, they want to go and form their own state

-E

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    I couldn't agree with the OP more. In fact, please post a PSA wherever possible letting the CA folks in CO know they need to move back ASAP. ASAP!

mtbr member
    Born and raised here in San Francisco. Love the diversity of the city. A true melting pot of cultures.

unrooted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    I couldn't agree with the OP more. In fact, please post a PSA wherever possible letting the CA folks in CO know they need to move back ASAP. ASAP!
    Unfortunately we try to keep the best and the brightest in California, you get the leftovers.
    195 lbs-6'4" Banshee Prime XL
    Ride Mammoth, Tahoe & Vegas

PLEASE GIVE ME NEGATIVE REP!

Rogue Exterminator
    Unfortunately we try to keep the best and the brightest in California, you get the leftovers.
    Then how did California get stuck with you?
    Just stick it in granny and start grinding.

unrooted
    They are suckers! I was actually on my way to denver when I got called in for a job offer. Thank god.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  6.7 KB

unrooted
    Yep, so think about all the ones that go to Rad-o!!!

Afric Pepperbird
    I love just where I'm at, thank you (Central Oregon).

But I'd choose NoCal over SoCal any day, given the choice!

I didn't do it
    Especially when you consider almost half of Colorado is actually more like Nebraska!
    Your experience with CO is way limited, you barely scratched the surface. Try central and southern CO and get back to me.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

I didn't do it
    Yeah, the cost of living sucks!!! But I have the Eastern Sierras FOR my backyard!

Just bought a 975 square foot house built in 1946 for $280,000!!!!!!!!!

In Utah I could have bought a huge POS for that much!
    Wrong, the Utah housing market can be quite affordable. Of course it depends on where you're looking. I'm talking SLC.
    Let's eat Ted
    Let's eat, Ted
    Remember, commas save lives

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by inter View Post
    Love SoCal, all year riding.
    I love SoCal too. I just wish everyone else didn't love it too. Way too many people for me.

Gotta pay to play
    So Cal is a pretty big place. I'm not a fan of the mountian bike riding with in 45 minutes of me (Thousand Oaks). Too many fire roads and not enough sweet single track. But we do have great road bike riding and the weather lets me ride year round pretty much.

connisseur
    Saying the front range is boring cause you rode Lair of the bear or in Boulder is pretty Fing stupid. I have a friend that lives in the Pasadena area and I have been out there twice in the last 3 years to ride, great riding in the San Gab's but not enough singletrack! We rode up in Mammoth which is nice but I can drive 2 hrs and have 3 diff resorts to chose from and all of them are just as nice. We also went down to Noble canyon and camped and rode there, excellent riding!, as well as a day in the Santa Barbara area. Still need to get up to Tahoe and Downieville which were planning for next time I head out there hopefully.

I have been all over CO- GJ/Fruita, high country stuff and resorts, diff front range locales, not to mention Moab. To me Socal does not compare to the riding here, except for the excellent weather and year round riding. But it's an apples to oranges comparison, I prefer big mtns and trees over coastal desert mtns. I'm sure the riding in the Sierra's up north kicks a$$ and overall CA has a lot to offer but living here in the Springs is really nice as far as the riding and quality of life.

unrooted
    My sh!tty High School is better than your sh!tty High School

mtbr member
    I have lived in norcal, socal, Denver. I have enjoyed mtbing in each. I think the Front range has missed it (Boulder) in particular has missed the boat about what has been going on in the rest of the country. They are about 10 years behind in their thinking about mountain bikes using the trails.

All that said, I don't know if there is a better state than Arizona for Mountain Biking. The amount and variety is outstanding. The amount being created each year is just stunning.

It's good to love where you live!!!

Paste eater
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
    I have lived in norcal, socal, Denver. I have enjoyed mtbing in each. I think the Front range has missed it (Boulder) in particular has missed the boat about what has been going on in the rest of the country. They are about 10 years behind in their thinking about mountain bikes using the trails.
    You're right, they should get IMBA involved. Oh wait.

mtbr member
    Could you please cross-post this in the Oregon forums so all the Californians will get homesick. Thanks.
    Noogie...Noogie...Noogie.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I live in the NW of the Australian Capital Territory. Over the last decade I've enjoyed the growth of MTB trails in the region. This has been a real plus.

I'm not the slightest bit impressed with the way our Nation's Capital City has recently besmudged the landscape. I live on the fringe of the Capital and only twice in the last ten years have I (even) bothered to ride into town. The developers and two-bit politicians are ruining this once wonderfully planned city. Planned by the genius of Walter Burley Griffin ... but I do love the thirteen wilderness regions that surround the Territory. That's where I like to ride.

I do love where I live ... but out on the fringe of the now f-ugly plastic Capital.

Warren.
    Last edited by Wild Wassa; 06-14-2014 at 03:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Wassa View Post
    I live in the NW of the Australian Capital Territory. Over the last decade I've enjoyed the growth of MTB trails in the region. This has been a real plus.

I'm not the slightest bit impressed with the way our Nation's Capital City has recently besmudged the landscape. I live on the fringe of the Capital and only twice in the last ten years have I (even) bothered to ride into town. The developers and two-bit politicians are ruining this once wonderfully planned city. Planned by the genius of Walter Burley Griffin ... but I do love the thirteen wilderness regions that surround the Territory. That's where I like to ride.

I do love where I live ... but out on the fringe of the now f-ugly plastic Capital.

Warren.
    Nice to hear bad planning isn't just an American problem.

Clueless Bastard
    This thread was a great read.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwind View Post
    You're right. Way less people in California. Every one should move there... Oh ya, and pass the doobie bro.
    No no...a vappy for health.

Shhhh...We're gonna give that part of CO to Kansas...Don't tell.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBitey View Post
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  6.7 KB
    I love (to bang) Paris Hilton

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by trmn8er View Post
    Most who have never been to California and actually drive through the myriad of mountain ranges may think they are actually in Colorado or even Alaska if they did not know better.
    Naw, I know better.

I love where I live!!!-image.jpgI love where I live!!!-image.jpg

Lots of good terrain in CA, but population density has taken a lot of the joy out of it. Whenever I go back it just seems like you are "squeezed out", as houses and development has happened in every possible place. It's going to be one big city from San Francisco up to Tahoe soon. Many of the previous rural areas have just gone nuts, and if you could travel around unimpeded it would be one thing, but lots of places just keep getting worse and worse. There are still some great places to live in CA, but it's hard for me to really have passion about it anymore.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012

I love where I live!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slow Danger View Post
    Could you please cross-post this in the Oregon forums so all the Californians will get homesick. Thanks.
    How about we take back all the former Californians when all the non natives leave our state? Both states will come out way ahead.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast