mtbr member
    Jul 2009

I love pretty colors

So I wasn't really sure where to post this, so I'll just do it here

Anyhow I've finally built up a bike I've always wanted, and see that some of you guys have some cool painted/ano looking rotor/crank bolts ect, and I was wondering where you guys got them. My attempts at painting them look great, but chip so easily to the point where I can't tighten the bolts down to actually ride.

If you could help me out on where to find them/how to paint them yourself that'd be fantastic

mtbr member
    Tightening your bolts is highly overrated.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    try ebay, search for anodized ______ bolts, fill in blank with whatever bolt you are looking for (chainring, rotor, bottle cage, etc).

mtbr member
    Purely Custom has lots of small parts to dress up your ride.

http://www.purelycustom.com/c-3-bicycle.aspx
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member

1/2 fast or 1/2 assed?
    Whew! For a second there I thought this thread was gonna go "Brokeback Mountainbike" on me.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    hahahh, not not exactly Brokeback Mountain bike (although I'm not looking forward to sharing a small tent with 3 dudes at gnomefest this weekend http://www.gnome-fest.net/).

Thanks alot for all the suggestions guys, this is exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by 11 Bravo
    Purely Custom has lots of small parts to dress up your ride.

http://www.purelycustom.com/c-3-bicycle.aspx
    Yes, thanks to Dion (posts a lot in the NorCal section of this website), I just spent $196 with Purely Custom a couple days ago. He just had to tell me about that place. I am so weak when it comes to bike components/bolts/hardware that can be anodized in one of 16 or so different colours!
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

BMX:Our Shining Future

I Was The Stunt Man On Broke Back Mountain

There I was stuck in WhyOming. The rodeo circuit over and done. Broke again and sneaking butts out of the ash can at the bar. Up comes some fancy pants california moovie type and says to me: Tell me cowboy? Ever want to be in the MOOOVIES!? I'll do anything for a drink I says then off to the make up trailer they take me then into that danged tent. My rodeo friends always made a lot of fun of me after that and nick named me "Hump Back Hill". Wished I never met that feller.

Anyhow I like to paint my bicycles fancy colors and since I can't afford ano dized partz I just stop by the dollar store for some of them paint pens the little girlz like to doo dad up their back packs 'n notebooks with. Gold Silver Sparkle Glitter. I like to ride BMX bikes now since they handles so much quicker so's I jes snag one at the thrift store. Take off al the danged extra plastic. Pump up the tires. Lube the chain. Raise the seat and the stem. Spend a pleasant evening in the parking lot of some tire store painting up my new steed then it's off down the cow trail happy as a jack rabbbit in spring time.

This only serves to make me thirsty. As Charles Marion Russel once said: (bicycle riding) "gives on a terrible thirst for beer". In the morning the natives have yet stolen another BMX bike of mine from the Cat's Paw. Or the bartender took it on account of me ordering beer and then having nothing to pay for it with. Well that's kind of a long ish tale given this was supposed to be about fancy california colors. Don't forget the dang paint boys! That's custom.

scars > tattoos
    purple. more bike bits need to come in purple. it's the hardest of all the anos to find....

PRETENDURO
    Quote Originally Posted by midgetmafiosa
    purple. more bike bits need to come in purple. it's the hardest of all the anos to find....
    Yes, this is true. Back in 1994 I had no problems finding purple anodised rims, hubs, spoke nipples, chainring bolts, derailleur pulleys+bolts, water bottle cages+bolts, and crank arms. I had all those items on my 1993 Trek 2100 (silver painted lugs with carbon tubes), and it looked really nice.
    QUOTE from MTBR.COM: You have given Brewtality too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Members who have read this thread: 0