Thread: I have a dream.

mtbr member

I have a dream.

No, not that dream per say although, it does has some similarities.

I would like to create a national membership drive...

It's called: "US Cycling Membership Drive"

This dream will not be an easy one to achieve. I don't work from the inside the cycling industry, I work a normal 40+ hr a week job that has nothing to do with cycling. I have little support at this time, but I'm working on that.

I should just move on... That is the easy thing to do, yes? I believe that no matter who you are, you can still achieve and make a difference.

The setbacks I've encounter have only made me realize that the only way to move forward is to step back, reanalyze my approach.

I have started a Facebook page, a tweeter page and now I'll start working on a website.

Step 2: Contact all MTB groups on my list and ask what they think, what they need and gain support.

Step 3: Implement this idea in my local area as a test run.

However, MTB's are just one part of the overall picture. The idea of a Nationwide membership drive benefits all areas of cycling. Road, Urban and ect...

If you have a group and your group is into bicycles, then, this idea could be for you. I have received comments and concerns on this matter so, I will do a short Q & A,

Q: I ONLY BUY MY BICYCLES FROM A LOCAL BIG BOX STORE. WHY SHOULD I CARE ABOUT JOINING A GROUP?

A: If you like riding your bicycle, you do lot more of it and in different locations.

Q: WHAT IF I LIKE TO RIDE ALONE SOMETIMES?

A: Belonging to a group doesn't mean you can't still do things on your own. You will always have the choice.

Q: I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA OF THE TRAILS BEING OVER CROWDED OR TRASHED.

A: For the casual cyclist, that's one of the best way to teach responsible trail use, is being involved with a group. The members your group has. The better possibly of getting more done with local land managers.

Q: I'M A BIT OVERWEIGHT. I DON'T FEEL I BELONG IN A GROUP.

A: cycling groups have much to offer and do beginner riders call MTB 101. They also do kid rides and hold group outings.
    Do as much as you want.

Q: MY GROUP IS DOING FINE. WE DON'T NEED TO BELONG TO THIS.

A: That's all up to you if you want or not.

Q: OUR GROUP ALREADY HOLDS A YEARLY MEMBERSHIP DRIVE.

A: That's awesome and congrats. If you like, your group can time their membership drive to fall within the proposed Nationwide event.

It's all up to us and big dreams start small but they do grow in time.

How long?

That's up to all of us. :-)

The Fastest of Bananas
    I am not sure what the idea here is. You went from introduction of an idea, to details. Intro, the summary, explaination, detail, FAQ. You skipped two of those middle parts. I have no idea what you are talking about.