I just let one RIP

I Hate Foul Weather!

Cold sucks. Rain sucks. Cold rain sucks exponentially by a factor of 10. It's the middle of March, and it is wet and cold, even snow. When in the world is spring gonna get here?! Not that I'm a total wimp--I do ride in sub-freezing weather, put on several hundred layers and freeze my nose off, but, man, that isn't so enjoyable. But I can't stand rain--I hardly even go outside when it rains, much less ride my bike--besides, it's not good for the trails to ride in the rain. I'm on this little rant about weather because I just bought Stan's NoTubes system the other day and installed it on my wheels, but haven't been able to actually ride to see how well it holds up! (Though so far, it looks ok, no leaks while the bike has been sitting in the garage) Anyway, anyone else hate nasty winter weather as much as I do?

Ya, right.

weather

I know what you mean dude. Here in SoCal it got down to 55 degrees last night.
    I don't mean to be an a$$, just kiddin' around. You have made me even more appreciative of SoCal's almost endless summer. Where do you live?? I have relatives in TN and northern IN, and I don't envy them one bit.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

all hail der Fuhrer Bush
    Mar 2004

rain is cool

[what you need is a fixed gear road bike with fenders, and a rain suit. Riding in the rain is actually pretty cool, though I wouldn't want it to be my only riding weather.

mtbr member

Too cold

And people still complain of global warming.

I just let one RIP

Lucky You!

Quote Originally Posted by DSDuke
    I know what you mean dude. Here in SoCal it got down to 55 degrees last night.
    I don't mean to be an a$$, just kiddin' around. You have made me even more appreciative of SoCal's almost endless summer. Where do you live?? I have relatives in TN and northern IN, and I don't envy them one bit.
    Yeah, I'm envious of you SoCals. I live in NoVa, and the weather is very fickle, especially in winter. We're still getting freezing temperatures at night.

bi-winning

Bonking ... not feelin' well oops

accidentally double posted... sorry.
    Last edited by rkj__; 03-19-2004 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Double post

bi-winning

Bonking ... not feelin' well You are not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Jwiffle
    Cold sucks. Rain sucks. Cold rain sucks exponentially by a factor of 10. It's the middle of March, and it is wet and cold, even snow. When in the world is spring gonna get here?! Not that I'm a total wimp--I do ride in sub-freezing weather, put on several hundred layers and freeze my nose off, but, man, that isn't so enjoyable. But I can't stand rain--I hardly even go outside when it rains, much less ride my bike--besides, it's not good for the trails to ride in the rain. I'm on this little rant about weather because I just bought Stan's NoTubes system the other day and installed it on my wheels, but haven't been able to actually ride to see how well it holds up! (Though so far, it looks ok, no leaks while the bike has been sitting in the garage) Anyway, anyone else hate nasty winter weather as much as I do?
    I hate it too, here in Ontario our summers are pretty short, its so sad... wish i was riding, but all i see outside is snow... then after the snow melts, the ground will be saugy and wet... then it will rain... probably wont even start trying the trails till june... thats so far away...

to all the people with nice weather... enjoy it and keep sending me riding pictures to drool over

the picture is me snow-blowing 2 days ago...
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

I Feel Your Pain...

Here in Upstate NY we just got dumped with a bunch of snow and cold temperatures to boot. #^$$^%$#!!! I'm getting very anxious to start getting back into shape, but it looks like that'll have to wait a while. First race of the season is only 2 weeks away, it's going to hurt...

USB Rep'n
    I hear you guys! NE Ohio here (ever hear of the Snowbelt??) IT freakin snows here through April. In Alaska or perhaps Greenland, you expect this but c'mon! IT gets better though, the snow will give way to rain through May and June an ususally by July, its dry enough and warm enough to actually wear shorts. August and Sept are beauty but get ready, its gonna snow again in October!

I'd say its my choice to live here but the sad reality is that its really my wife's....does that give me an excuse to just keep building up new bikes??
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

mtbr member

Recent photos

Quote Originally Posted by rkj__
    to all the people with nice weather... enjoy it and keep sending me riding pictures to drool over
    Do you want clear weather?

(1) SS'er doing THE climb.
    (2) Canyon cruise on the way to
    (3) Single track to explore
    Attached Images Attached Images