Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by donn12 View Post
    I think everyone should have AT LEAST one MTB, one CX bike, one fat bike and one road bike.
    Training on a road bike is easier because you can do structured intervals and measure power output....on a MTB terrain usually dictates the length and intensity of the intervals. To me it is also much easier to practice on hills on the road bikes.
    What?! You forgot:

*cruiser/commuter bike
    *tandem bike
    *unicycle
    *road trike

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawg View Post
    What?! You forgot:

*cruiser/commuter bike
    *tandem bike
    *unicycle
    *road trike
    Track bike
    Time Trial bike
    DH Rig
    Trials bike
    BMX
    DJ

So many bikes, so little money!!
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    it is funny but I am actually thinking about a steel roadie like a colnago master or derosa, a TT bike so I can do maybe 3 TTs a year an a nice road bike with disc brakes for bad weather rides...only problem is the money!
    Epic Flash Boris F65X + road bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    + a touring bike and dedicated winter commuting bikes.

mtbr member
    Nice bike. Very cool. Wishing to buy new one too. Congrats.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by misterbill View Post
    I walked out of the door of the bike shop and I saw a Cannondale with that same paint scheme being loaded onto a car. I was practically yelling at them-"Wow! Nice bike!" Got a big smile out of the customer and the salesman. That is a really neat looking bike!
    I love this! You have good taste, so does the customer
    2014 Trek Superfly 9 29er & 2011 Trek HiFi Pro 29er
    ROAD: 2014 Cannondale Synapse Carbon 6

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    quickcolin, nice bike and best of luck raising your fitness, stick with it and I'd reckon it'll work for you

First road bike, I've got a year on you and I'm coming from the same background. I found I enjoyed the road hugely and didn't ride the mtb at all through the shocker of a wet winter we had here. The fitness improved noticeably and when the mtb finally came back back out in the spring I was a bit disappointed it didn't translate to big improvements on the still pretty wet trails. I've ended up on the road for the most part this summer.

Went out last week for the first time in a month and the trails have finally dried out. 16 KoM's in two 20 mile rides! The road miles made a difference after all :-)

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll notice a difference this time next year

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by defride View Post
    quickcolin, nice bike and best of luck raising your fitness, stick with it and I'd reckon it'll work for you

First road bike, I've got a year on you and I'm coming from the same background. I found I enjoyed the road hugely and didn't ride the mtb at all through the shocker of a wet winter we had here. The fitness improved noticeably and when the mtb finally came back back out in the spring I was a bit disappointed it didn't translate to big improvements on the still pretty wet trails. I've ended up on the road for the most part this summer.

Went out last week for the first time in a month and the trails have finally dried out. 16 KoM's in two 20 mile rides! The road miles made a difference after all :-)

Keep it up and I'm sure you'll notice a difference this time next year
    Thanks for the feedback, defride. Glad to hear all the hard work on the road bike translates into improvement on the mtb! I'm really enjoying the road bike. Just did a 30km ride the other day, felt great!!

V-Shaped Rut
    I just wanted to jump back on this thread and say that I've been riding my new CX bike on mixed gravel/paved rides. It's really fun because the climbs aren't as steep or technical at all and you can really fine tune your heart rate which you just don't usually have the option to do on a trail.

I actually enjoyed the extra speed and mileage, and love not having to ride a shoulder with cars whizzing by.

mtbr member
    Just a quick update for everyone. I'm LOVING the road bike (don't hate me )... it's been a lot of fun. The ability to just roll out of the garage and hit the road has been really nice. I have just over 300km on the ol' girl already (doing 25-30km rides pretty routinely) I can feel myself getting stronger - and I'm really looking forward to that translating into faster times on the mtb!

A few pics from the last ride, overlooking London, ON Canada.

I did it!  I bought a road bike, to better myself on the MTB-fullsizerender-1.jpg

I did it!  I bought a road bike, to better myself on the MTB-fullsizerender-2.jpg

I did it!  I bought a road bike, to better myself on the MTB-fullsizerender.jpg

mtbr member
    Excellent. I've been mtb'ing for over 20 years, and recently got a road bike. No regrets at all and love being on the road at a nice pace for many miles at a time. I may join the local roadie organization next spring and check out some racing.
    Puff Tijuana Smalls
    Shake hands with Beef...

Hell Track
    It's fun! You get stoked on the road bike for a while then you get on the mtb and fall in love again. Just did a road ride tonight and had a blast, this weekend I'll hit the trails and have a great time. It's all riding and it's all good. I'm lucky to have several great road routes within 2 blocks of my house that are 90% car free. One is in Griffith park. A steep climb and a super fun switch back down hill.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post

A few pics from the last ride, overlooking London, ON Canada.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	237.3 KB 
ID:	925581

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	925582

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	925583
    looks like a great spot for riding

snap - less than 2hrs riding from central London - England

mtbr member

I did it! I bought a road bike, to better myself on the MTB

Gotta admit that thing looks pretty sharp! Glad you're enjoying it. I just bought a touring bike about 2 weeks ago. Been racking up the miles. First and only road bike I've ever had and the first with drop bars too.
    I did it!  I bought a road bike, to better myself on the MTB-imageuploadedbytapatalk1411689783.796769.jpg
    Got back on the mtb today for the first time in a week. Felt super weird. The squishy seat, tires and fork felt like I was riding a sofa.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by defride View Post
    looks like a great spot for riding

snap - less than 2hrs riding from central London - England
    London England and London Ontario . Heck we even have a Thames River running through our city! Great photo!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shining_trapezoid View Post
    Gotta admit that thing looks pretty sharp! Glad you're enjoying it. I just bought a touring bike about 2 weeks ago. Been racking up the miles. First and only road bike I've ever had and the first with drop bars too.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411689783.796769.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	395.5 KB 
ID:	926650
    Got back on the mtb today for the first time in a week. Felt super weird. The squishy seat, tires and fork felt like I was riding a sofa.
    Couldn't agree with you more. The suspension and soft tires on the mrb felt so funny after a few rides in the road bike!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12