mtbr member
    Mar 2014

I can't get enough

I started approximately one year ago this month. I bought an entry level trek and hit the trails!!! I really thought it would be great for about a month or two then it would be a nice coat hanger! Boy was I wrong two bikes later and over a 1,500 miles I can't wait till I am back out on the trails. This has been such a positive impact on my life!!!
    Lefty For LIFE!!!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IFallDown View Post
    I started approximately one year ago this month. I bought an entry level trek and hit the trails!!! I really thought it would be great for about a month or two then it would be a nice coat hanger! Boy was I wrong two bikes later and over a 1,500 miles I can't wait till I am back out on the trails. This has been such a positive impact on my life!!!
    That short post exudes passion!

mtbr member
    I would have to agree with you there a few years back i bought a 26" ht rode it for 9 months then parked it up for a couple of years. Then the bug bit again dragged the old ht out and started to hit the trails again after sorting out the bike fit issues that made me stop riding last time and now i have just got myself a nice new 29er dually and looking down the barrel of a 40k endurance ride in a couple of weeks

Clueless Bastard
    Quote Originally Posted by IFallDown View Post
    This has been such a positive impact on my life!!!
    Said by ALL who ride. After nearly 30 years, Lord knows how many bikes, and thousands of miles, I only think in terms of riding. Road, Mountain, Cross, Fat Bike, SS, whatever....Funny, the only "people" I know who don't ride are my wife's relatives.

Can you imagine NOT being a cyclist? Just stop riding? Nah, me either

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I've kept the passion to ride for many years but this year has been different.

I started " for the lack of a better term " BIKE PACKING which has been an absolute blast.
    I simply load up my backpack and head for a remote destination, stretch out my camping hammock then ride all day, return to camp, cook, drink a bottle of wine and relax by a fire. Ridden more this year then any of the previous