Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hung Over

723 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  YuriB 
#1 ·
Yea another 1st ride of the year. I missed riding on the 1st thanks to my friend Mr 12 year scotch. By sunday I finally got my act together and needed to cleanse my system. I missed the group rides but it was nice to get out on my own with no planned route. I had to drag myself out the door but as always is the case I was rewared with a great ride and reminders of why I ride.
I have decide to make this year the year of the bike and an early mid-life crisis.

1. Desert Classic - I've dissed this trail in the past but it does have it's place
2. It even has a little climbing if ya knwo where to look
3-4 A sure fire hangover cure

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Desert Classic

Gotta love the weather in Phoenix in the winter. I was out on DC on January 1st. It isn't technical but it is a fun ride. In No particular order...

1 - Coming off the Heli pad
2 - Climbing to the heli pad
3 - Coming off the Ho Chi Min loop
4 - Coming off the Heli pad
5 - Coming off the Heli pad

Attachments

#5 ·
Obviously, I'm missing ......

some stuff at SoMt. Ho Chi Min trail. Helipad. Does not compute. I've done the standard Mormon/National/Telegraph Pass/Desert Mountain loop a few times. I'm going to be down in Phoenix Jan 27-29 and would love to see some other So Mo stuff. Hopefully the rains will have left the trails packed and the foliage green by then.

#6 ·
KRob said:
some stuff at SoMt. Ho Chi Min trail. Helipad. Does not compute. I've done the standard Mormon/National/Telegraph Pass/Desert Mountain loop a few times. I'm going to be down in Phoenix Jan 27-29 and would love to see some other So Mo stuff. Hopefully the rains will have left the trails packed and the foliage green by then.
Than names don't compute for me either but judging by the pics they are just variations off the main drag of DC. Your best bet is to find a local (AZ Forum) or just go and explore. I'd offer my services but alas I'll be carving it up at Heavenly.

#7 ·
I may be wrong...

YuriB said:
Than names don't compute for me either but judging by the pics they are just variations off the main drag of DC. Your best bet is to find a local (AZ Forum) or just go and explore. I'd offer my services but alas I'll be carving it up at Heavenly.
These are the trail name different people have communicated to me so they may be off. What do you call them?

The Secret Trail - Riding West on DC. About 3/4 of a mile past the water takn the trail splits. To the left is DC, to the right is? I've heard it called the Secret Trail and it climbs up a bit and then drops you back onto DC.

Ho Chi Min loop - Riding West on DC about 1.5 miles after coming off the Secret Trail, the trail forks. To the Right is DC. To the left is a short steep climb that brings you to a saddle. The trail again forks - to the right is the climb up to the heli pad and to the left is a drop to a short loop that crosses a creek. I have heard this section referred to as the Ho Chi Min loop.

I fugure never too old to learn so if I've been embarrising myself by mislabelling trails please edumacate me. :)

#8 ·
jaybird said:
These are the trail name different people have communicated to me so they may be off. What do you call them?

The Secret Trail - Riding West on DC. About 3/4 of a mile past the water takn the trail splits. To the left is DC, to the right is? I've heard it called the Secret Trail and it climbs up a bit and then drops you back onto DC.

Ho Chi Min loop - Riding West on DC about 1.5 miles after coming off the Secret Trail, the trail forks. To the Right is DC. To the left is a short steep climb that brings you to a saddle. The trail again forks - to the right is the climb up to the heli pad and to the left is a drop to a short loop that crosses a creek. I have heard this section referred to as the Ho Chi Min loop.

I fugure never too old to learn so if I've been embarrising myself by mislabelling trails please edumacate me. :)
Heck if I know what they are called - you're likley right on the names. Honestly this was only the 2nd time I've ever "ridden" DC - normally I just use it as a freeway to get from Telegraph back to the ramads and in the heat of the summer I don't dawdle much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.