Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

How many bikes do you have?

54K views 365 replies 311 participants last post by  wickedraist 
#1 ·
Two

One Stumpjumper for everyday use, one fatbike for winter use and fun.

I met a gal at the LBS the otherday who had 9!

#196 ·
I have a '08 Stumpjumper FSR comp 26" that I've been riding for a few years.
Old Gary Fisher Marlin rigid
2011 Specialized Crux CX bike
2011 Salsa Mukluk for winter riding

A Blitz Cycle Works Ti 29er that I built last fall. And working on a Ti CX bike for next season.
From here on out its all Blitz bikes for me...Sorry Specialized I love your bikes, but love what I made with my own hands better...

#202 ·
-2013 Specialized Stumperjumper EVO 29
-2011 Specialized Tricross Comp
-Trek/Gary Fisher Superfly that I'm trying to get rid of (Originally a 2009 carbon hardtail, multiple broken frames later it's been upgraded a lot and on a 2012 aluminum frame)

I had a Quintana Roo Lucero carbon triathlon bike but I got laid off a week after buying it and had to take it back :(

#205 ·
Family bikes??

Look 585
Scott Foil
Blue AC1
Rocky Mtn Solo
Gary Fisher Cobia 29
Giant Anthem 2 29
Gt Cross Comp
Airborne Cross
Gary Fisher HooKooEKoo
Trek Jet (for the 6 year old)

My 13 yo and I are the same height, every time I ride, He wants to go. Had to double the fleet.

#210 ·
99 Trek 6000 26er Converted to SS
07 Spesh 26er FS
07 Haro Mary SS hardtail (about to convert to 1x9)
11 Salsa El Mariachi SS 29er hardtail
12 Trek Ion Crossbike (Considering Selling though since I've only ridden it a 5 times)

The El Mariachi is my goto bike, I use it to race endurance as well.

#215 ·
2 point eleventy

1 mtb (custom steel hardtail)
1 road bike (carbon)

another couple of frames (ally HT and a full sus)
and probably just about enough bits to make a separate single speed bike

Would like a new susser at somepoint and a cyclo cross...although I din't really have room for them...I'd manage :)

#217 ·
I have way more than I could ever use:

Surly Cross Check (now my primary ride)
Surly Long Haul Trucker (in the shop getting a couple upgrades)
Surly Big Dummy
Actionbent TadPole trike
9zero7 fatbike with a Mendelson lefty front fork

I've been debating on selling the LHT because I have three bikes that can do the same tasks but for now I've decided to keep it.

#218 ·
2 bikes:

My 2005 commuter bike (with handlebar basket, rear rack, ginormous waterproof panniers, loud bell and eyeball searing light)

My 2011 mtn bike that I'm currently gifting it a new seatpost and shiny sharp pedals in the next couple of weeks.

I would like a road bike but I'd like to learn some wrenching skills and I'm leaning towards buying a either a used road bike or drown myself and build a roadie from scratch.

#219 ·
I'm down to just four proper mountain bikes, and I just listed one of those, a Banshee Rune, up for sale.

The three bikes I intend to keep for the moment are as follows:
Banshee Viento (26" All-Mountain Hardtail), Devinci District (Single Speed Dirt Jumper), and a Devinci Wilson, (Downhill Bike).

I used to have a lot more bikes, but have I traded a few for a wife and kid ;)

The story of my dwindling bike collection is told here if you want to check it out:

A Bike Hoarders Road to Recovery - BikeFAT.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.