Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    ride bikes, be happy.
    I've got two
    2009 Fuel EX 5.5 WSD
    1980-ish Sanwa 215, restored this winter to use for commuting to work and school.

Hoping to add a fatbike when my budget allows to extend my season to winter riding.

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I've owned two and three bikes at a time before but I inevitably end up selling off all but one. I think I end up forming an attachment, in a strange way a 'relationship' with that one bike that I can't seem to get when I own multiples.

Plus, it makes it a lot more affordable to create a super-bike when you can pour all the money you shouldn't be spending into one bike rather than two.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Down to three now totally tricked out works of art

2000 Novara Randonee steel touring fully decked out for weeks of travel
    Willier carbon cross racer with riser bar, XT, handbuilt wheels, fat 42 tires and style
    Sette Serum carbon hardtail w SID 15mm, XTR XX 2x10, custom wheels 2.4mutanos

I ride all 3. Sometimes up to 9800 miles a year but mostly between 5 and 7 thousand a year as far back as I can recall. I pity zombot tools on the way to duty their daze away to pay for their own little rolling metal shipping container. sad stuff indeed

OOps almost forgot
    BMC RM01 Dura 9000 C-24 wheels, Ultegra in the stand being built right now. .
    I hope this thing is as sweet as the Dura ace CAAD9 I sold last year.

mtbr member
    2011 Salsa Casseroll road/CX/retro 10 speed covert beast
    2012 Surly Pugsley Necromancer
    2010 Surly Conundrum mountain unicycle

And soon to be.....
    2013 Surly Big Dummy!! Just put a deposit on it yesterday. Should arrive next week! Awesome!

mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Re: How many bikes do you have?

2010 gt avalanche 3.0
    2006 kona coilair

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member

just two

1980 Motobecane Duralinox C5AL 12 speed
    Frame Vitus 979 mk1. Sean Kelly rode on the 979 frame for over 10 years
    Name:  IMG_20130316_094529.jpg
Views: 740
Size:  202.9 KB

Chinese ltk023 built Oct 2011
    Name:  IMG_20130406_161654.jpg
Views: 607
Size:  186.3 KB
    Last edited by dereknz; 04-26-2013 at 04:13 AM.
    Self employed picture framer, selling the odd cycle part/light as a sideline
    youtube / strava. Back on a bike after 25years

mtbr member
    How many bikes do you have?-img_1461.jpg

i had a 2013 cannondale hardtail trail 29er 2 until i i lost it on the highway using a thule 9002 raceway. i have since replaced it with 2013 cannondale jekyll 3. a huge upgrade from a trail 29er. i knew i was going to eventually upgrade the components, so i went with the best. i am looking for another bike for a future ride. either a niner or santa cruz
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2013 Cannonale Jekyll 3 M

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by fondoo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1461.JPG 
Views:	832 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	793889

i had a 2013 cannondale hardtail trail 29er 2 until i i lost it on the highway using a thule 9002 raceway. i have since replaced it with 2013 cannondale jekyll 3. a huge upgrade from a trail 29er. i knew i was going to eventually upgrade the components, so i went with the best. i am looking for another bike for a future ride. either a niner or santa cruz
    Well thats a bummer, I have a Thule 9002 and never lost a bike or even come close, but I strap the hell out of mine. I don't trust any bike rack. Sorry about your loss.
    Giant XTC 2 29er
    KHS Flagstaff 29er FS
    Neon Bow Trials Bike
    Norco Fluid 9.2 29er FS
    Norco BIGFOOT FATTY

mtbr member
    May 2013
    0 bikes which is why I'm on here researching because within a month I will be buying 3 bikes, 1 for me(looking at Kona Explosif 27.5), 1 for my son (looking at a Kona Kahuna DL) and one for my gf (looking at a Kona Mohala). I already bought the step daughter a Louis Garneau. Been saving up all winter to get back into biking and dragging them all with me lol.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    Quote Originally Posted by brendrew View Post
    0 bikes which is why I'm on here researching because within a month I will be buying 3 bikes, 1 for me(looking at Kona Explosif 27.5), 1 for my son (looking at a Kona Kahuna DL) and one for my gf (looking at a Kona Mohala). I already bought the step daughter a Louis Garneau. Been saving up all winter to get back into biking and dragging them all with me lol.
    Why are you looking solely at Kona? I have found that Treks have great value for money. For Example, when I was looking for a new bike, the Kona Kahuna had a steel coil forf at the same price as the Trek Cobia which had an air fork.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleF9 View Post
    Why are you looking solely at Kona? I have found that Treks have great value for money. For Example, when I was looking for a new bike, the Kona Kahuna had a steel coil forf at the same price as the Trek Cobia which had an air fork.
    Good question, well my research into bike stores (2 hours away from where I live), there are two. One carries Kona, Giant and Specialized. The other one mainly carries Rocky Mountain, Scott and Devinci. I have been to both stores browsed and looked around. I wanted to more or less stay with a Canadian company and support them. I'm partial to Kona as I grew up with a Kona along with all my buddies back in the early 90's. If I wanted to look at Trek, I would have to drive 6 hours away to the next bike shop which incidentally also carries Kona. I have looked at online costs and the shipping would be pretty high to send it to me here in Canada, not to mention customs/duty costs. So if I get three bikes and brands from the same store, I hope I can build a relationship with the brand and the store. That's what I'm thinking any ways.

The Brutally Handsome
    And the LORD spake, saying, "Thou shalt owneth three bikes, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt own, and the number of the owning shall be three. Four shalt thou not own, neither own thou two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to owning three. Five is right out."

OMG!
    2 as of now.

my everyday demo 8

and

a 29er ss. helmetless riding is required on it.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Since I paid for them all I will say 6. El mariachi on order but not paid for or here yet.

Truly mine- 2008 lemond propad (nondisc) cross-on trainer
    2006 redline conquest sport (commuter setup)
    200X trek hybrid 7.1fx wifes original, now set up w panracer cross tires for daughter #1
    2013 trek small girls moutain bike-daughter #2
    2000sih 26" raleigh lower level mountain bike (dis-repair) son#2
    girl kids giant bike daughter #1 (disrepair)

Master Shredder
    1. MTB: slightly upgraded 2010 GT Avalanche 3.0 (~30 lbs)
    2. Road: fixed up steel frame 10-speed 1980's Raleigh Gran Sport (~28 lbs)

so both are pretty heavy, but I still have fun and they get me where I want to go

the most dedicated cyclist I know only owns one bike, and it's a ridiculously old mountain bike with no suspension fork. he has slicks on it for street riding and he does 30-40 miles per day, rain, sleet, snow, or shine. he recently did 60 miles for his 60th birthday and he routinely goes on 4 day long biking trips doing 70 miles per day.

he is my idol and truly passionate about riding
    "Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads." -Back to the Future

mtbr member
    1. 2010 Surly Karate Monkey (rigid SS) and also my main ride
    2. 2011 Redline Conquest Team Cyclocross
    3. 2006 Gary Fisher Cake 3 (currently getting a refresh so its in pieces)
    4. 1996 Mongoose Sycamore (geared rigid) and also my first mountain bike and it was just returned to me and i cant wait to take it out for a stroll.

There are also 3 more nice mountain bikes in the house for wife and kids and the little guy is just on a normal 14" BMX type bike

I have a bike problem and I love it.
    Surly Karate Monkey, SNGLSPD
    Surly Puglsey

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

How many bikes do you have?

1. 2003 Klein attitude.
    2. 2007 Raleigh xxix 29er singlespeed
    3. 1984 trek 560 series steel road bike build.

I just need one more - 29er airborne goblin is what i'm saving for.

Four more for the family.

Cif
    mtbr member

Re: How many bikes do you have?

1. MTB: 2012 Kona Unit
    2. ROAD: 2010 Specialized Roubaix
    3. Dad's old steel Giant being rebuild to gravel grinder (with seat on the back for my kid, so I can take him with me when biking)

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    1) Brand new Canfield N9 (zero miles).
    2) 9:ZERO:7.
    3) 2010 Giant Defy Advanced 3 (upgraded to complete 105).
    4) 2004 Spesh Allez Elite (getting replaced by the Giant).
    5) 1992 Speshy Stumpjumper PRO (very good condition, but brought it home to find the seatpost STUCK in the frame...ffffff)
    6) Wifes' 2010 Spesh Sirrus. (I really want to get her an Egg Plant Surly Troll)

mtbr member
    11 bikes. 1 frame (building it into a cross)

mtbr member
    3 "bikes" 1 beach cruiser
    1) Surly Black ops neck romancing necromancer
    2) Vassago Bandersnatch - enabler front fork - dirt drops.
    3) 1976 Schwinn Paramount p14.
    * Electra beach cruiser.

Want -
    Krampus and/ or real road bike.
    My bike is heavier than yours - it does not have Carbon or Titanium parts - I love it!

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
    I know this has already been said, but I have one too few, but more like three too few.
    Big Wheels Keep On Rolling

Forth Eorlingas!

mmm dirt
    Oct 2011
    I've got 4 right now..
    1996 pro flex beast- getting up to current tech with old shcool touchs
    1997 cadex cfr frame built with dura ace..roadie lol
    1996 giant cfm frame with old shcool manitou sx ti and xt mix
    1999 gt lts ( my baby) loaded with 2000 ish xtr and al kinds of other top notch goodies (still adding current time stuff weekly..
    And I'm saving up for a new ride just not sure what's its going to be.

mtbr member
    Technically, I have 3 bikes. In reality, I have only 1. Confused? So am I. LOL. When I first got into biking, not a lot of my friends biked, let alone had a bike. It started with my brother, who was a single dad working 80 hours a week with 2 kids. He didn't have much time (or money), but when he did, he wanted to be active and exercise. So I started to piece together a bike for him a few years back, a 2005 Jamis Dakar XC. I basically swapped a lot of the parts I had laying around after I sold my Marin Team Scandium frame which included a Fox F100 fork. With enough spare parts lying around with no frame, I purchased a Giant XTC frame for like $150 and put together another bike for whoever wanted to go riding with us but didn't have a bike. Not the best build with X4 components, but better than nothing. My best friend used it for awhile and got so into it, he picked up his own bike (Felt Virtue 2). Now, one of my other friends have my bike and we all go riding together.

Sergeant Spandex
    A few...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How many bikes do you have?-my-bike-garage-1-web.jpg  

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast