aka baycat

Holiday Food Passion

So what is your Holiday food passion, save Turkey since that is a given.

Mine...

Latkes

Matzoh Ball Soup...

its a FOOD GROUP, especially over the holidays!

Vegan Athlete
    Take a look at and consider "liking" my Vegan Athlete Facebook page.

I throw poo

Good job!

Strawberry-rhubarb pie, and giant-sandwich-football-afternoons
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dang it, now I'm running a coolness deficit for sure.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    unfortunately, and although it is a passion I would like to break, my food passion is spelled COPIOUS amounts. I tried; yes I really have--but I am weak--quitting nicotine and alcohol was tons easier than sticking to eating "sensibly".

more, more, more pastas and sandwiches and pizzas and deserts and texmex and thai and italiano and ....mmmmmmmmmm

Drinker w/ Riding Problem
    We at some point, either Christmas or New Years do a Guinness Ham! Awesome flavor
    use some cloves, a couple slices of pineapple, and a couple cans of Guinness! MMMMmmm. Damn i'm hungry! no photos of the Ham sorry

Homemade Spicy Chex Mix has always been a Holiday food tradition in our family. stuff is addicting!

ride hard take risks
    Guinness for cooking? never!! Christmas dinner this year grilled Salmmon with rosemary, butter & lemon, also Turkey breast 'sorry Baycat' been 1 whole month by then, salad, smashed red pottatos with baked garlic & sour cream & of course lots of BEER.
    Matzoh ball soup with wine is what i think you meant to list not Guinness, am i wrong?
    My oldest son loves Matzoh ball soup & my wife cant seem to make it right, i'll supply the Guinness you bring the soup??

life is a barrel o'fun
    Eastertime means Cadbury creme eggs, though I'm getting better. Really. I'm allowed one per season. Unless there are some more lying around.

As for now......hot chocolate. Found boxes on sale and I'm limited to two mugs per day.

What else....you name it. Desserts and booze are more easily justified in this bone-snapping cold. Made a banana cream pie for Thanksgiving that my family went nuts for. Pumpkin pie is my favorite, though.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

cask conditioned
    I love the latkes too, but with lots of applesauce. Otherwise I can eat an entire Trader Joes pumpkin pie in one sitting if no one stops me.

Buy a bell, help the trails....

http://www.corbamtb.com/store/store.shtml

where are we eating?

mtbr member
    I know you said to leave turkey out, as it's a given, but my all time favorite has to be a cold turkey sandwich on rye, with onions, mayo and stuffing. Then after that, I have to sit by the fire, with a big jar of pinion nuts and a beer watching foot ball and cracking nuts. Throw in a ride prior to all that, and I'm in heaven.

Edited to add; Esp, if you get all wet, dirty and cold, on the ride.
    Your fear of looking stupid is holding you back.

Adobo Lover
    Anything cooked by my mommy!!!! Filipino food: lumpia, pancit, adobo, etc....

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by 95Stumpy
    Anything cooked by my mommy!!!! Filipino food: lumpia, pancit, adobo, etc....
    When's dinner im there!!

Lawyer Time! No Comment.
    [QUOTE=baycat]So what is your Holiday food passion, save Turkey since that is a given.[QUOTE]

Sauerbraten. Separates the men from... well, anyone with a normal human stomach. And eitzerneitzer. Oooooh does that stuff reek. But its sooooooo good. Chase with gobs and gobs of egg nog and... mead, cooked at a low temp, sprinkled with mulling spices. Drink, but very, verrry, carefully. The Holidays can be grand, even for an atheist.
    Nothing left to lose, & half mad.

Glad to Be Alive
    hot rolls with butter
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days