mtbr member

hey any one know of any phone support jobs in this industry

i work tech and cust service for a large corp and they are STUPID
    bone headed 100%
    been here for two years ...(best pay i can find around here)
    but it is time to change i was wondering if there are ever any phone support jobs available for the cycling industry
    don't even know where to look ...
    maybee if i lived in the right place
    but for better pay and better policies i would gladly move ...
    the corp raiders are starting to run this company into the ground and it is time to jump ship ...
    ______
    "thirty spokes converge upon a wheel but it is the hole in the center that enables it to be used"

ride
    Quote Originally Posted by laotsu42
    but for better pay and better policies i would gladly move
    Starting in the bike industry generally means that you start either in the warehouse or on the phones, depending on your background. Phone stuff is generally more customer service and sales rather than tech support. Check out the classifieds in www.bicycleretailer.com

If you're looking for better pay, look outside of the bike world. Also, many corporate policies in today's bike companies, I'm afraid, will be similar to what you're looking to get out of.

Good luck if you choose to pursue it, though!
    Redstone Cyclery
    turner*intense*transition*REEB*Rocky Mt
    web - tweet - FB
    Lyons, CO

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ignazjr
    Starting in the bike industry generally means that you start either in the warehouse or on the phones, depending on your background. Phone stuff is generally more customer service and sales rather than tech support. Check out the classifieds in www.bicycleretailer.com

If you're looking for better pay, look outside of the bike world. Also, many corporate policies in today's bike companies, I'm afraid, will be similar to what you're looking to get out of.

Good luck if you choose to pursue it, though!
    hard to say if cycling companies will be better but the pay is not that great just good for new mexico ...only 9.25 an hour ...
    as far as policies go they would have to ship tech out to india and play this wonderfull shuffle to raise thier turnover and provide the most disfunctional systems to use for tools on the job ...

out of this week alone the main db has gone down three times for several hours each time ...

they would have to have their heads soo far up their asses to even be the same as my current employers

course it is an isp so ...

I'd gladly move to whistler

sokay though ...
    thanks for the info i'll check into it ...
    ______
    "thirty spokes converge upon a wheel but it is the hole in the center that enables it to be used"

i worship Mr T

Perfromance is always looking for people...

Quote Originally Posted by laotsu42
    i work tech and cust service for a large corp and they are STUPID
    bone headed 100%
    been here for two years ...(best pay i can find around here)
    but it is time to change i was wondering if there are ever any phone support jobs available for the cycling industry
    don't even know where to look ...
    but for better pay and better policies i would gladly move ...
    the corp raiders are starting to run this company into the ground and it is time to jump ship ...
    but they pay cr@p and the benefits suck. other than that, though, its a great job.

seriously, Performance (located in Chapel Hill, NC) is always looking for people to work the tech phone lines.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]