mtbr member

Heading to Fruita/Moab this weekend 4/3, Gooseberry next weekend, anyone else?

Hey all,

Been a while since I've posted and not much lurking to boot. Back in the working world again and haven't had much time to surf MTBR. Lots of changes for myself. I'm moved from the north side of Denver to the south side (Centennial) to be closer to work. I'm looking forward to exploring the trails on the south side of Denver down towards the Springs. If you're on this side of town and looking for a riding buddy, drop me an email at "js_" +"5280" at "yahoo" dot com. I have a pretty traditional work schedule. Life is good, just busy here these past few months with work and the move.

Anyways, business is taking me to Salt Lake this next week so I'm driving out to the Fruita/Moab area this weekend. Heading up to Ogden for the weekdays, and will be swinging down to the the Gooseberry area Friday morning till Sunday or Monday, heading back to Denver Monday. If you're interested in meeting up, drop me an email. I'm an intermediate rider, usually a strong B group for gatherings, so not a hammer, but far from a beginner.

Looks like AZSF was great again this year. Great pics as always Lidar, et. al. No ER carnage though ;-) Glad to hear it.

Hoping to get more MTB in this year, too many triathlons last year to get out on the trails much. Looking to change that this year although I'm signed up for the Moab Tri in May. Anyone else? Hope to post more now that work and the move is calming down. Also looking to head up to the Canmore gathering. Cheers!

John
    JS5280

Mtb Bum

Heading out to Moab/Fruita this weekend as well

Should be in Moab sometime Saturday, but that will be after driving all night. I'm not sure when we will arrive or what kind of riding we will do on Saturday. Sunday we are planning on a Slickrock/Porcupine Rim ride.

Monday 4/5 through Friday 4/9 we will be in Fruita/Grand Junction. So if anyone will be in the area wants to hook up, shoot me an email. We are two women, three men, some of us advanced level, some intermediate and we don't drop anyone on our rides.

Ride On

Erik

Perpetually single track
    You should also post this to the "new" front range forum as well...
    The more out of shape you are, the steeper the hill looks.

trail waggler

Hey John...

Do you have any idea how long the drive up to Alberta is? It's a long shot for me, but skogan was pretty cool at GITA, and it sounds like a great time.

mtbr member

Longer than the plane ride ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by daveM
    Do you have any idea how long the drive up to Alberta is? It's a long shot for me, but skogan was pretty cool at GITA, and it sounds like a great time.
    I'm flying up there provided I can swing the time and budget. I'm hoping bikes fly free since it's an international flight.

mtbr member

Where you coming in from?

Quote Originally Posted by Erik
    Should be in Moab sometime Saturday, but that will be after driving all night. I'm not sure when we will arrive or what kind of riding we will do on Saturday. Sunday we are planning on a Slickrock/Porcupine Rim ride.

Monday 4/5 through Friday 4/9 we will be in Fruita/Grand Junction. So if anyone will be in the area wants to hook up, shoot me an email. We are two women, three men, some of us advanced level, some intermediate and we don't drop anyone on our rides.

Ride On

Erik
    I need to ride Flat Pass (aka Steelbender) to prep for the Moab triathlon, but might be up for shuttling PorcRim with you all. Drop me an email at "js_5280" at yahoo dot com and I can pass on my cell phone number if interested. I'm flexible with my schedule and always enjoy meeting up with other MTBers.

Cheers!
    John

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

bring a gas mask

Good luck to all of you. You're going to be there for Jeep weekend . . .

mtbr member

$hit your right. Probably will hang in Fruita then and just swing down for Flat Pass

on Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.

Des(s)ert Rat
    I'll be around, but I'm not sure about available time to ride. Client on Sat., kid stuff Sun.... Hmmm...

TJ.
    MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer

I'll be in Fruita soon.

Only one more day before I get to go back for a vacation. Saturday AM ride at Lincoln park. 10:00 AM

TJ

www.gvii.net/hundtoft

mtbr member

Erik & John.

Quote Originally Posted by js5280
    on Sunday. Thanks for the heads up.
    Like to get out with you guys. I will be riding friday afternoon. Moore Fun, Saturday Hiking,
    Sunday up for a mornning ride any where in the area. I will drop John my cell info.