Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Yetimnstr575 View Post
    I love my mountain bike and mountain biking. I however couldn't ever imagine making a remark about whatever bike you ride let alone wheel size.
    If they some how come out with a 28" wheel then people will probably like that too.
    I mean come on if someone's remarks about wheel size bothers a person to begin with we have bigger issues on our hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    They have a 28" wheel size. That's what they call 29ers in the EU on some tire web sites.

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    650, 650a, 650b, 650c too

dwt
    mtbr member

Has anyone riding a 26 experienced smug on the trail?

You want to experience smug, bring an old school 7 speed steel frame road bike to a group ride. Those guys with $8000+ carbon bikes 15 lbs and under will sniff unless you can smoke their asses on your 25lbs antique. If you can do that why are you on an antique? Only a tiny minority of the carbon boys are poseurs with big wallets.

Old enough to know better. And old enough not to care. Best age to be.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    You want to experience smug, bring an old school 7 speed steel frame road bike to a group ride. Those guys with $8000+ carbon bikes 15 lbs and under will sniff unless you can smoke their asses on your 25lbs antique. If you can do that why are you on an antique? Only a tiny minority of the carbon boys are poseurs with big wallets.

Some people thinks that getting the top of the line stuff is going to make them look more credible. Once a year, my friends and I haul our bass boats to Clear Lake for a friendly tournament. One year, my friend invited one of his Silicon Valley co-workers to join in. This guy showed up with his Hummer towing a top of the line, new Ranger Z22 boat, which is pretty much a $70K bass boat. First off, he was late, because he had to fill his Hummer up twice for the 300 mile drive, but when had absolutely no clue what he was doing out here. My boat is nothing to sneeze at but its 2005 (Skeeter ZX225), but he looked at my boat and made a pretty smug comment. I forgot what it was, but it was something in the lines of "time for a new boat, huh?" He also had all the high end fishing rods and reels (Daiwa Steez). I don't think he caught 1 fish the entire day.

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    Some people thinks that getting the top of the line stuff is going to make them look more credible. Once a year, my friends and I haul our bass boats to Clear Lake for a friendly tournament. One year, my friend invited one of his Silicon Valley co-workers to join in. This guy showed up with his Hummer towing a top of the line, new Ranger Z22 boat, which is pretty much a $70K bass boat. First off, he was late, because he had to fill his Hummer up twice for the 300 mile drive, but when had absolutely no clue what he was doing out here. My boat is nothing to sneeze at but its 2005 (Skeeter ZX225), but he looked at my boat and made a pretty smug comment. I forgot what it was, but it was something in the lines of "time for a new boat, huh?" He also had all the high end fishing rods and reels (Daiwa Steez). I don't think he caught 1 fish the entire day.
    Hope you were able to shame the d-bag with your catch

"Time for a new sport, huh?"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwt View Post
    Hope you were able to shame the d-bag with your catch

"Time for a new sport, huh?"

I definitely out-fished the guy. I've been fishing for 20+ years. Sucks I didn't win the friendly $1000 prize though.

dwt
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Shakester View Post
    I definitely out-fished the guy. I've been fishing for 20+ years. Sucks I didn't win the friendly $1000 prize though.
    Don't know where you are, but I live in the Finger Lakes region, Upstate New York where there was a huge tournament last week on Cayuga Lake. I guess Pro Bass Fishing is huge across the country. Don't know enough about it to know what's cool and what's not, but do know that equipment poseurs who can't walk the walk exist in all sports. If they weren't pumping money into the Industry, they'd totally be scum sucking bottom feeders. Even dumping boat loads of Silicon Valley "petty cash" into the particular industry, they don't understand that you can't buy your way up the totem pole, gotta climb each rung all by yourself. Bravo to the ones who can do both, make money and still do well athletically. I did both and though I was never above B or maybe B+, I never sucked scum either.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6