Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Hardtail XC photo thread

304K views 876 replies 451 participants last post by  Vic-20 
#1 ·
All right yall im looking for inspiration for a XC built for the spring, lets see those hardtail cross country bikes you have stored away after that long winter.

#202 ·
1999 Specialized S-works M4

This is my 99 S-works Stumpy. I bought it back in April and have been loving it ever since. It may be 10 years old, but you can't tell from riding it. It is light, nimble and responsive. The frame is pretty stiff, but it really transfers power well. I can climb and negotiate obstacles with ease that I always had trouble on. The components are still pretty nice too. The 952 XTR works great. The cranks are mismatched, but I have a XT crankset and bottom bracket that are waiting to go on. I have to say, I like the carbon fork, but I can't find replacement seals, so I picked up a used RS Duke XC that's waiting for a rebuild and then it will be on the bike. I can't wait to race it this fall! BTW, people seem to like the anodized red rims for some reason.

P.S. Great thread

Attachments

#205 ·
Wow, seeing all these old Specialized hardtails makes me miss my very first MTB...a 1996 Specialized Rockhopper A1 FS hardtail. If ANYBODY has a pic of this purple bike....PLEASE POST!!!

#212 ·
OK, so here is my 2009 Fantom 29. Had it for a couple of months, but I've just now gotten some halfways decent pics. Longer seatpost, BMX pedals with pins and Ergon grips are the only mods. Everything else is stock. I have to admit, we have the most fun on fast fireroads.

#215 ·
1998 GT Xizang Ti that I got @ a price of $799 :thumbsup:
Here is my oldie bike that I still ride. NEW Spec: X.7/Truvativ cranks, XT hubs w/ 317 wheels and some old parts from "back in the day". And if some of you wondering, yes it still uses V-Brakes. Why change since I got everything size up to me well. For the weight if people wondering, is 24 lbs. Back in the day, it was as light as 22-23 lbs. Could be lighter but but as you can see, the light parts couldn't last as long as the frame. LOL

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.