desert dweller

Gooseberry, oops I mean Cottonwood!

Well, given iffy weather and dicey forcast our Gooseberry Mesa trip fell apart this morning at 6:00am. As people were showing up we decided we didn't want to drive for 3 hours and endup in a nasty rain/snow storm and drive home without any mud on our gear. Luckily, we're only 3 hours away and a future trip is in the cards. We ended up doing a local ride in the Cottonwood Valley with the temps in the 40's (it felt cold to us). I didn't get many photos because I was the rabbit the guys were chasing to keep their pace up. I did get a couple in the Cactus Garden.

The rain last night really helped out the trails and we were able to ride the Cactus Garden from the south -- normally far too sandy to attempt the sand going up the hill.

mbb
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mattbikeboy; 01-02-2006 at 07:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbikeboy
    Well, given iffy weather and dicey forcast our Gooseberry Mesa trip fell apart this morning at 6:00am. mbb
    So, you guys did bail. I don't blame you.... it was looking pretty bleak as we headed out from Logandale at 8:00. We just about decided to bag the goose and just do Hurricane rim. However, it ended up being just about perfect up on the mesa. Temps in the upper 40s, low 50s, packed down trails, pools all filled. Sorry we missed you guys.

Great pics of Cottonwood btw.

Here's a couple from our Gooseberry ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images

desert dweller
    I had a feeling it would have been perfect up there. I figured we had a window of nice weather about 6 hours wide before the weather changed again.

Well, we'll work out another trip in the next two months.

matt