mtbr member
    Nov 2010

Good ending .....

Took my daughter to ride Turkey Creek Trail in SC. Well it didn't go that well. Something in the hardwood forest was in bloom(?) and causing her allergies to go crazy. After about 1.5 miles we turned around, rode a forest service road (into the pine forests) and headed back.

Granted, our ride was cut short but when you have a chance to spend time riding with your daughter it is still awesome. The ride ended just chilling on a bridge and talking with each other. On the way back she mentioned she liked the trail and wants to go back later in the fall.
    Good ending .....-557665_10201002879807085_20037760_n.jpg

mtbr member
    I have wonderful memories of riding with my girls when they were little, as they also do it seems. My oldest (10,11, and 12 when we were doing most of our riding together, will be 30 in February), still remembers almost every moment of every ride. The weird bugs we found between the rocks in a dry creek bottom, the hot Sunday afternoon trips to the Dairy Queen. The day she got the huuuge head shake on her little BMX bike down a big hill on a road not far from the house. Thought for sure she was a goner but she clamped the top tube with her knees and rode it out. The youngest never got into it as much as the older one, but she still remembers the DQ trips from when she was 8.
    No ride time, or any other quality time, spent with your child is ever lost. It will always come back to bless you in the future.
    2013 Salsa El Mariachi 29er
    1995 Giant CFR Team Road Bike
    2001 Bianchi Volpe
    2009 KX250F ... 2004 KDX200

Professional Crastinator
    I used to think everyone did this - especially as a kid. But now I know it is kind of a secret thing that not too many parents and kids do.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I have twin 14 year old daughters that I ride with frequently but most Sundays, just before sunrise, as I wake up so does Ally. We quietly get our sh*t together and head out for a couple of hours. On the way to the trail it's quiet in the car. While riding we stop and talk a couple of times. We giggle, we grunt, we get muddy, we get tired and if we're lucky we get to chase a deer or two through the trees. On the way home we pick up bagels and talk some more. Sometimes we even go out for a sunset ride with her twin sister later that afternoon.

Irreplaceable moments!

I hope she (they) remembers them in the future, I know I will.

mtbr member
    Great story, hope it doesn't end there and you guys are able to get out and ride again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    She has already been back out. Just a bad allergy day that day.