Thread: Golden Passion

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Golden Passion

On my ride this past Sunday I met Jimmie and his Nephew ( I'm sorry that I didn't get your name). Jimmie is, as he said, "a lucky 74 years old". I didn't ask why he was lucky because I was already impressed with the fact that he had just ridden up a fairly long and steep climb on his Yeti ASR. He normaly rides Rode, but when his nephew comes to visit they go ride in the mountains.

Jimmie, I hope that you don't mind me posting you pic here but it was sure great seeing some one as "lucky" as you out riding. I hope that I will be doing the same when I'm the same age!
    Attached Images Attached Images

you know your crazy right
    That is great....I hope I am that "lucky" as well at that age
    Boobs to the tube.......

mtbr member
    That's awesome. I'll consider myself "lucky" too if I can still be riding mtb when I'm 74 and beyond. As the t-shirt slogan says, "You don't quit riding because you get old, you get old because you quit riding".

My 73 yo dad is still going strong after two complete knee replacements.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ride with tools

Excellent!

I sure hope to still riding at that age. I plan to live to 100, and I can't imagine going the last 26 years without riding!

SALLGUD

Excellent thread...

...but that title got me: Golden...

Seriously though, I enjoyed the pics. I just turned 43 and sometimes think "Damn I am getting old!" Then I get on my bike and feel as good as I did when I started mountain biking in 1988.

Michael

Currently in Exile

That's great!

I met up with a group of "seniors" while riding in TN a few years back. I told them that they were all my heroes. I hope to be as lucky when I am in my 70's.
    "There are those who would say there's something pathological about the need to ride, and they're probably on to something. I'd wager though that most of the society-approved compulsions leave deeper scars in the psyche than a need to go and ride a bicycle on a mountain." Cam McRea