Hmmm...hopefully this mumbo jumbo will work tonight.
Wednesday was darn near perfect, mid 80s, no humidity, and a slight breeze. After a month of horrible stress at work, today's hour and a half in the woods was the perfect remedy. Hopefully, the weather will be this nice for the race this weekend at Helen. For all of you who will be racing, I wish you good luck.
I tossed all of the gear into the transporter, except for a matching pair of gloves, and hit the closest trail. For some strange reason, half of each set of gloves loses it's mate the morning of my ride and then mysteriously re-appears later the same day. Out of three pair, one would believe that I could keep track of enough of them to make a complete and matched set ... NOT! I may not be a slave to fashion, but I draw the line at mis-matched gloves.
The trails were in excellent condition, I had zero mechanical issues, and except for one goofy, slow speed fall that reminded me of the little old man from Laugh In, I have to rate this day's ride an 11.
1. A nasty little hitch hiker that I found during the first five minutes of the ride.
2. Future trailside snacks. Mental note made of this location.
3. These three fishermen were the only other people I saw enjoying the sun.
4. "F*@# the napkin" This spot always reminds me of the scene from This is Spinal Tap
5. Decision, decisions, the most difficult one that I had for the day.
Until next time...
Results 1 to 1 of 1