Thread: Giving Back

mtbr member

Giving Back

With all the rain we've had here in Northern California, the weeds and thistles have taken over a lot of the single track trails. In some places, the trail is no more, just a lot of thorns.

One such trail at New Melones is a victim to this nonsense. So with the help of some locals, Ogre organized a trail cleanup day last Saturday. Trail work at New Melones April 30th

About 20 people showed up along with the local forrest service people, which provided the equipment to eradicate these weeds. Since I do ride this particular trail system, I felt I needed to be here and help out. I gotta tell you, I'm glad I was able to be there. It felt good to spend a day working the trail and making them ridable again.

If there is a call for trail work in your area, and you ride the trails, I ask that you assist your fellow riders with your time and energy. It is worth it and who knows, you might meet some new riders to ride with. The only regret was we came back to late for the cold beer.

Although we didn't get it all cut back, my group did a good bit of damage eliminating the head high stuff. Here are few pics of the day.

Thanks for looking,

jps
    Attached Images Attached Images

ali'i hua
    wow. thanks for reminding me of my days as a habitat restorationist, taking out the invasives with a weed whacker.

still, trail work is good!

OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee

I suppose I can post a couple pix too!

Quote Originally Posted by imjps
    One such trail at New Melones is a victim to this nonsense. So with the help of some locals, Ogre organized a trail cleanup day last Saturday. Trail work at New Melones April 30th
    Mostly I just begged people to come often and loud, Rod Olson did the organizing and arrangements with the park service. Hooking us up with those killer weed eaters and the incompetent tractor driver

1) Some guy who just showed up for the post cleanup ride (Ok he helped a little)
    2) The crew gathering
    3) Joseph-da-trog and local John G waving their tools around

Thanks everyone who helped, it was a great day
    Attached Images Attached Images

Don't worry, be happy!
    we did a trail maintenance day recently with our local IMBA rep as the faciliator, it was awesome.
    http://www.fttrc.org/photos/workday/index.html

Funny tho, I spent some crazy college years a long time ago fighting that dam.
    That should tell you how old I am.

formica