mtbr member

Germany - Visiting...Riding?

I'll be visiting Germany from 2nd to 8th April, staying in a little town called Havixbeck near Muenster.

Anyone out there know where I can rent a bike and hit some trails for maybe 1/2 day somewhere in the area?
    Phillipians 2:3-8 "...but (Christ) made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant..."

Full of holes

Flat as a pancake

Quote Originally Posted by bikeCOLORADO
    I'll be visiting Germany from 2nd to 8th April, staying in a little town called Havixbeck near Muenster.

Anyone out there know where I can rent a bike and hit some trails for maybe 1/2 day somewhere in the area?
    I thought I might be of some use but found out that Havixbeck is the opposite end of Germany to what I know. I travel for work to that area and its about as flat as you can get. In general in Germany you'll get an LBS in most towns and cities and most will rent a decent bike for you, although sometimes as a test ride for a future purchase - you might have to tell white lies that you are interested in buying... That area has a US army presence so you might get more joy getting info via them. This also means you should be able to get by in English.