Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    swag ho Administrator

gas prices - can i get an amen (xpost)

Holy bonus! 2 months ago, My local gas station had regular unleaded at $3.01. Today it's at $2.11.

Who would have thunk it. I've never seen a drop this steep before. Let's count our blessings guys. This means more money for bike parts! Or beer.

check:
    http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

I'm waiting on $1.99!

What's your local gas station at??

francois
    Attached Images Attached Images

I ride with tools

Price fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Santa Fe, New Mexico - $2.49 per gallon

30 minutes down the road - $2.21 per gallon

Freshly Fujified

$2.06 here

In suburban Philadelphia. You can find it at no-name stations as well as some of the majors.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

More Chasmism
    I beleive I've been in my car once in the past 2 & 1/2 weeks.

Nevertheless, good to see the prices dip a bit.

hfly

P.S. Gotta say that I do see some benefit in the increased cost of gas. Companies need to make smaller and far more fuel efficient cars. Nothing like market incentive to get the job done.

Savvy?
    $2.02 here in NW Florida...although prices took a one day jump into the teens. Don't know what that was about.

When prices were around $3 a gallon gas stations should've had kleenex available at the pumps. Needed something for the tears.
    That which does not kill me, postpones the inevitable.

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    $2.46 here on the Army post on Schofield. However, the gas cap went up 7 cents--so we should be seeing $2.55 or so again.

rbtm member
    Jan 2004
    I paid $1.98 last night in SW Idaho. Surprised the heck out of me because we're usually above average.
    [SIZE=1]"The mouth of justice contemplates wisdom."[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    The prices here in Hendersonville, NC are pretty varied. The places close to the interstate that are outside of town are around $1.98. Go towards downtown or Laurel Park and the price is as much as $2.19.
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I paid $2.25 yesterday morning. It's running about $2.30-$2-35 where I work in San Diego. Definintely nice. It was up around $2.80 not too long ago. Hope this continues

E !

I'd like to see it below 2 bucks

The cheapest i found the other day was $ 2.17.
    the - E - dog

banned
    Mar 2005
    ya, right

we're at 93.9 cents (cdn) per litre in Toronto, about 3.50 USD/U.S. gallon...and we're net oil exporters

gotta love all that tax up here

I Just Ride....

Good job! Aaaaaaaaa Men!

Along the Wasatch Front, the greater Salt Lake Area.
    I paid $1.87 last night, and http://www.saltlakegasprices.com/ shows $1.79.
    I say let's continue with this downward trend!

Brian
    Artistic Mountain Bike Photography
    My MTBR Gallery
    "I Ride my bike, to Ride my bike...."
    From a Zen proverb

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Screw that!! We've been gettting reamed since '00. When it gets BACK to AT LEAST $1.50/gal, THEN I'll celebrate.

mtbr member
    I've seen it at $1.99 at a few places here in NH.
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

It's the axle

No amen here.

I want higher prices. So high that people start riding bikes. Fewer cars. That's my passion. But I don't have much company. I thought I'd have some here, but I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by francois
    Holy bonus! 2 months ago, My local gas station had regular unleaded at $3.01. Today it's at $2.11.

Who would have thunk it. I've never seen a drop this steep before. Let's count our blessings guys. This means more money for bike parts! Or beer.

check:
    http://www.sanfrangasprices.com/

I'm waiting on $1.99!

francois

Art is Resistance
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    I want higher prices. So high that people start riding bikes. Fewer cars. That's my passion. But I don't have much company. I thought I'd have some here, but I guess not.

Gregg, i'm with you.
    I love seeing the gas prices really high, because you start seeing news stories about how SUVs are impractical, selfish and inefficient. And you see stories about mass transit, commuting by bike, and living responsibly.
    When gas prices are low, no one cares about that stuff. It's a really strange industry, the whole oil thing.

~~~~~~~~
    Still leading the nation here on Maui at 2.85

i worship Mr T

$2.03 this am

but i bought gas in SC for $1.93 thanksgiving weekend.

rt
    [SIZE="2"]"where are you not going so fast?" (question asked to cyclist on a trainer)[/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"]*rt*'s fabulous blog[/SIZE]
    [SIZE="2"][SIZE="2"]mm blogging[/SIZE][/SIZE]

try driving your car less
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg K
    I'm with you. Gas prices need to be increased, but gradually. The big hikes are unpopular. Hey folks, gas prices have actually decreased in inflation-adjusted dollars, the recent hike was an adjustment.

Things are going down now, but they will go back up sooner or later.

Gas for heating the home, on the other hand... I wish that would go down. We used to keep it cold in the house and heat with wood, but with a baby and a toddler we have to keep it relatively warm and have decided not to burn wood this year for fear of the little man burning himself. I have been tracking down every draft!!!

High fuel costs might mean less bike parts for you, but it means life or death for poor families in cold climates. So I understand the positive side of cheap oil.
    Only boring people get bored.

Who pickin the banjo?
    $2.65/gal 40 cetane diesel fuel #2 in Western CT
    "We ought never to look behind us with regret nor ahead with fear, but around us with awareness."

mtbr member
    It's been going up around here (Maine)....was 1.98 gone up to 2.15 Bastages

Samsonite Tester
    The economic damage has been done. The cost of everything from grocerys to plastics , building materials to shipping costs has skyrocketed based on the higher oil price. Now that the price went down will the cost of living also go down ? Hell no ! After the real estate mogels made a killing now it big businesses turn to profit from the war.
    Yeah I gotta question. You got any excuses tonight Roy ? -Antonio Tarver

There is room for it all, just ride what you like to on what you like to...that's freeriding. -rbn14

Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Gas prices are too low

It's pathetic that this thread only has 3 or 4 people who have said anything about how bad low gas prices are. Yes, bad.

Without turning this into a political discussion, consider:
    -Riding your bike instead of driving is good for you, it's good for the air, it's good for the little critters that get run over in the road every day.
    -Riding your bike makes it easier for _everyone_ to get around - fewer traffic jams, less need to expand the local superhighway from 14 ro 18 lanes, etc, etc.
    -Even if you don't buy the global warming stuff, or think it's too late for much to help (like me), burning gas certainly isn't _good_ for the environment in any significant way.
    -The US is involved in all sorts of unsavory business internationally in order to keep gas prices low. Since I'm not intending to make this a political discussion, that's all I'll say on the subject.
    -Low gas prices help everyone ignore everything I just wrote.

Do I own a car? Sure. I use it to haul big loads of stuff to the powdercoater and for the occasional road trip. I'm not perfect either. But if high gas prices will make people just STOP AND CONSIDER how they use their cars - ie think about carpooling, riding/walking for short trips, getting a more fuel efficient vehicle, etc, then I am ALL FOR IT. What kind of sense does it make to have a road clogged with people sitting all alone in 2000+ pound vehicles?!?

So up, up, up, says I. $5 a gallon would be a good minimum to start from. $10 a gallon would be ok too. Tax individuals and let industrial/business users get a break so that other commodity prices don't take a huge hit, then use the excess funds to build more bike lanes, or pay teachers more, or whatever.

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

SingleTrax
    Dec 2005

No amen

I agree with Gregg et al
    the higher the gas prices the better, it 0.81$ up here and i think we should be paying the true cost for gasoline. Damn gas subsidies, so stupid, they wouldnt have to subsidize renewable sources of energy, they are cleaner to. A solution that is economical, environmental and ethical, what a concept.
    Vote Green or NDP Whooooowho jan 23 GET OUT AND VOTE FOR YOUR COUNTRY
    If you find yourself struggling with loneliness, you're not alone. And yet you are alone. So very alone.

Formerly DMR For Life
    don't vote NDP if you want your job and the money you make from it....look at any province with an NDP government...they have lost money their economies are the pits....then look at alberta conservative run...and we are rolling in the largest surpluses ever....educate yourself be for you vote on JAn. 23
    DMR

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast