mtbr member

Friday's ride in So Cal

Three of us took the usual Cheesebro ride, Shepherd's Flat, Gas Pipe descent which so many locals know well. We went up Bell Canyon and skipped the singletrack that heads back to the power line road. It was a beautiful cool breezy day so we explored by climbing the fire road North, and climbed some more (pic) and got near the Rocketdyne facility. (Sorry for all the local data). The plateau at the top was wide open (pic). We rode the cow paths which serve as single tracks (pic). At the far end we found we were blocked by a barbed wire fence and gate. I threw my bike over the gate and started to climb it. "Ping" a wire snapped and it swung open! My buds were thankful they could walk through.
    We returned on Albertson fire road, down through China Flats, Palo Comado. Nothing like a cool day to make a long ride pure fun!
    Attached Images Attached Images

members only
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    ... climbing the fire road North, and climbed some more...
    That's a nasty/steep/loose F/R isin't it ?

I use to ride into that area at lunchtime twice a week {from Simi} (Until my company moved)

The Turbo Blaster
    What do you mean when you say you went up Bell Canyon? Is that on the road through the guard gate, or is there a trail there? I moved away in 1994 and never got a chance to ride up there. I grew up at Valley Circle and Roscoe and used to own a house on Highlander, which is the second annoying stop sign on Valley Circle after Bell Canyon. Mom and dad still live there, so I may try to do this next time I go down for a visit.

members only
    Quote Originally Posted by mr_spin
    ... went up Bell Canyon? Is that on the road through the guard gate, or is there a trail there?...
    I think what they did was; After riding East from Sheperd's Flat, (down the singletrack), it turns to the South, after a mile or so, there's a fireroad to your left that heads back North, after some climbing and you pass a few cattle gates (Now your "officially" tresspassing) it's comes up to what's named "Burro Flats" area, then you ride West into what/where it looks like the pictures look are.. If you turn onto the singletrack (that's actually a cattle trail - bad in winter) heading West you soon hook onto a fireroad. After another 2 miles you hop over a newer/larger fence (Not tresspassing now) and just above you & to the left (North) is a power tower that is the top of Albertson, ride up to this and it's either down and back up to Cheeseboro area, or keep to the right (East) and ride Albertson to China Flat (West Cheeseboro area) or keep going into Lang Ranch, or at the large/new fence, turn to the right and you ride this powerline fireroad into Simi's Equestrian housing area (They don't like you riding in "their" area)...
    There a bit more I can explain, but for those that ask...

Sound right Packman?

mtbr member

Nice description

Excellent description, except for the trespassing part.

The south entrance is not signed, to be legally signed all boundaries must be marked. To really trespass you would have to refuse to leave after the owner asks you to leave. It's only a $10 misdemeanor BTW.

Map attached, we did the red outer loop (CCW) plus miles not shown on the map. Sorry for the resolution, not enough pixels allowed by MTBR.

So when you want to bike from Bulldog and do a Corral Canyon loop skip right by the no trespassing signs that the nutcase has put up. (pic)

http://www.nrmbc.org/News/0002-Block...y/NewsPage.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pacman; 03-29-2004 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Added a link for more detail

120 pounds of xc sex!

yo peeps.

where is this trail at? never seen it...what city?
    Team X-poser is back for 2006-

WTB; 1.25 inch tow rack in SoCal

>Ankur<

pewpewpew Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pacman
    Map attached, we did the red outer loop (CCW) plus miles not shown on the map. Sorry for the resolution, not enough pixels allowed by MTBR.
    Cool map, thanks for posting it.

mtbr member

It's over there

Quote Originally Posted by carbnjunkie
    where is this trail at? never seen it...what city?
    North end of Cheesebro (National Park Land) - Agoura, Ca