Hi There!

this forum passion

woke up yesterday morning to go riding but it was all black clouds out so i didn't go; never ended up raining til afternoon. woke up this morning, same look outside but just from reading this message board while having a cup of joe that was enough to get me stoked to go. had a good ride.
    NTFTC

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Some of the people here post such awesome pics they have inspired me to try to learn how to use a camera. I haven't actually done anything other than ask my friend to show me how to use my camera, but it's on the list.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Totally agree. This forum provides both motivation and destination to ride. I wish I could take the type of pictures that get posted on here, but I get so involved in riding it has to be a conscious decision to "stop; take a picture right here". The photos others have posted (as well as videos) have helped map out many spots I want to travel to and ride the trails. Keep it up!

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Exactly what this forum is supposed to be for! Maybe someone should remind the curmudgeons over here The Lamest sub forum on MTBR - AND THE WINNER IS ? about that

King of Middle Earth
    ^Agreed, those nutcases over at Off Camber really are a bit off camber in the mind, aren't they?

I visit this sub-forum page often to be inspired by the great pics other members post here. Makes me want to go road trippin' to ride all the different terrain I see here.
    fee-fy-fo-fum...

High Desert MTBer
    Curmudgeon Huh?!? Nutcases?! If I could post a goshdarn picture here, I'd show you all how to curmudge! Just yesterday I curmudged all the way to the top of the hill and all the way back down. Some say that only a nutcase would curmudge in that heat, but when the passion hits, there's no stopping me
    It's all Here. Now.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Rocker, you've posted many a sweet pic of you curmudening your way through the desert. I could even say I was inspired by your "passion" enough to get back down that way to ride among the cactus...

2006 Yeti AS-X
    I don't get to go riding as much as I would like to - work schedule during the week along with kids in the morning pretty much rules weekday riding out so only rides I get to do are on the weekends - that is if the trails are not muddy from the rains.

Having said that, I get to get virtual passion by reading stories, viewing pics, and watching vids other riders post up.

In fact, I probably would never have known of Fruita, Moab, or other cool riding places if not for this forum and pinkbike.
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

Ride More, Whine Less

this forum passion

My 5 year old just finished a 1.75 mile bike ride. He will ride in the rain and snow; he just loves to make his bike go.

I usually have two thoughts when i see a great mountain bike picture.

1st= NEAT! i would love to ride there!

2nd= The LAST thing i would do if i was in that picture is stop to take a picture.

I have a very good camera in my new phone. I had made the decision at the beginning of the year that i was going to take at least one good pic every ride. I have not taken a picture in 6 months. I guess i am more passionate about riding than sharing what the ride looked like with others.
    "Bigring, that's deep. ...Well, I suspect it is. I didn't read it."