mtbr member

First Ride this year; )

First ride since last December, kinda out of shape, I stopped 5 times on the climb, my tongue was hanging out. I usually can make it all the way no stops. It still felt great to get out on the trails. I rode Westridge Fireroad up from Brentwood, then down Sullivan Canyon. I met up with a couple of riders new to the area and they joined me on the downhill. I was wondering what was taking them so long. One of the riders went down bad. He said he didn't remember what happened, and thought his brakes locked up. His friend found him face down in the ditch, his bike was still up on the trail. He was gushing blood from his nose and broke his helmet and probably was knocked out for a few seconds. He said he also bit a chunk of his cheep.
    We stayed on the main trail and cruised to the bottom, said our good byes. I hope he wasn't to sore the next AM, been there; o

Went on my second ride Easter Sunday, only two stops, Getting ready for tomorrows ride. Same place, I can judge my conditioning I'm hoping for 1 or no rest stops! I just love riding; )

mtbr member
    I always feel like my favorite time of riding is when I finally go from getting in shape to being a little in shape to being in pretty good shape. That time when it doesn't hurt to suffer any more and it just feels good.
    I like to ride bikes.