mtbr member

First ride on Cannondale Trail SL4

Last night I took my dirt ride on my 2012 Cannondale SL4 and all I can say is I had a grin from ear to ear. I rode around my neighbor and explored another small side of the farm lands. I found a 2 trails and hope to hit them up tomorrow. I wrecked twice in a steep decline corner in the woods but I got it on the third run. I will probably invest in some clip pedals because my feet were sliding off on some. of the rough terrain which caused my first wreck. I'm not sure what size the hole is to fit clip pedals on my bike, I know the front drive system is Shimano. In Okinawa, Japan we have to keep our bikes inside because of the salt air can cause serious corrosion problems. Wifey wasn't too happy about a muddy tires going though the living room.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    The pedal axles will be 9/16" size.

Looks like a nice bike!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post

Looks like a nice bike!

Thanks, I'll be ordering my shoes n clip tonight.

mtbr member
    Found a small trial today as I was riding around my area. I am still pleased how this bike is handling, the Schwalbe tires have excellent traction.

Is not amused
    Congrads on the new bike, nice color scheme.
    Yip yip yip nope nope nope

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Nice Bike

mtbr member
    May 2010
    New bikes are great! and good choice with the Cannondale!

Pedals are a standard size, so they will fit your cranks no problem. Clip pedals are a massive improvement, too!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    I love the color scheme!!!
    Enjoy that sweet bike
    '14 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc 29
    '15 Trek Farley 6 Fat Bike
    '12 Specialized Crux Skittles
    '13 Specialized Allez

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Nice bike !

Sweep the leg!
    Quote Originally Posted by R+P+K View Post

Looks like a nice bike!
    Depending on the pedal you get it will take a 5mm or 6mm allen wrench on the inside end of the pedal axle, or a 15mm wrench on the flat sides of the pedal axle.

Nice ride! Have fun with it!
    Authorities speculate that speed may have been a factor. They are also holding gravity and inertia for questioning.

mtbr member
    Sweet ride. If you need some help with things for your bike in Okinawa do not hesitate to ask and hope to see you on the trails.

Cheers
    Okiman
    http://www.fm99.com and http://www.1069thefox.com/ Best Streaming Rock Online

BLAH BLAH
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by okiman View Post
    Sweet ride. If you need some help with things for your bike in Okinawa do not hesitate to ask and hope to see you on the trails.

Cheers
    Okiman
    Join date in 2010 and just now getting your first post. nice.
    Whats this line for?

mtbr member
    Very nice bike and congrats... Lets see some more pics of the bike a local area ??

Beastrider
    Quote Originally Posted by DLew View Post
    Last night I took my dirt ride on my 2012 Cannondale SL4 and all I can say is I had a grin from ear to ear. I rode around my neighbor and explored another small side of the farm lands. I found a 2 trails and hope to hit them up tomorrow. I wrecked twice in a steep decline corner in the woods but I got it on the third run. I will probably invest in some clip pedals because my feet were sliding off on some. of the rough terrain which caused my first wreck. I'm not sure what size the hole is to fit clip pedals on my bike, I know the front drive system is Shimano. In Okinawa, Japan we have to keep our bikes inside because of the salt air can cause serious corrosion problems. Wifey wasn't too happy about a muddy tires going though the living room.
    Good looking ride!!!!!

Way back when I had to have a Cannondale so badly that I actually traded a laptop for one.........the bike shop owner was happy, I was happy, and we both got something that we really needed and wanted!!!!!
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.. Ferris Bueller

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by e-luder View Post
    Join date in 2010 and just now getting your first post. nice.
    I forgot that I had an account
    http://www.fm99.com and http://www.1069thefox.com/ Best Streaming Rock Online