Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

First post to this forum.... Start if off with a video

903 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Jputnam13 
#1 ·
This is my first post/thread to this forum even though I have been following this for years. I just wanted to tell everyone on this site for the most part that you all give some quality information and I am glad I am now apart of a very large community that all share a passion for a vehicle that is powered by oneself with 2 wheels. I am an avid biker in Asheville, North Carolina. I have been around bikes for about 7 years now and my passion has been getting stronger for the sport/addiction. I also will post some videos of local rides in my area starting with a singletrack ride called Kitsuma. It is part of the ORAMM (Off road assault on Mt. Mitchell 63 mile beast cross country ride.) The video does not include any climbs except for a short climb that I ended up just walking my bike 10 feet for some odd reason. IDK. Hope you guys enjoy watching some EAST COAST MECCA of cross country and downhill. Let me know what yal think. Thanks guys. Dominate the world.

This ride was about a week after ORAMM and the trail was jacked up and it also had been raining for the past month. Put video in 1080HD. Video hasn't been edited in any way and I know the clicking noise is annoying. I forgot my noise dampener.

Kitsuma Downhill 07-29-2013 - YouTube

Reactions: Cormac
#4 ·
Haha yeah dude just 3 crashes. The trail is usually in pretty good shape, but after the race and rain it got jacked up and washed out a solid amount of dirt and created these washed out gullies. I landed on my feet that one time when I tried to dodge the downed tree. The second was over the bar dismount, 180 degree, heel clicker, with a downhill jog. haha I have ridden in Great Britain before if you are from there. It was in the region of Kent and the name of the park was Bedgebury. It was fun and I ended up riding up the road to do a leg of the Tour de France near the Crossroads. It was an epic trip.

#8 ·
That's the camera moving around in the housing. I took a small piece of paper (folded into a wedge) and used it as a shim to firm it up. Just jam it between the camera and the housing to take up the slack. Works like a charm.

You could probably use a small piece of foam rubber weatherstripping to accomplish the same thing.

#9 ·
Like I said I forgot the noise dampener I use that day. I know it was too long because I just didn't feel like editing, which is why I said in my first post that I didn't edit anything. I will make an edit next video fo sho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.